Yingluck Government Abandons Duty To Help Thaksin : Democrat

Lite Beer

Not a complete failure then.

OK the graduate students didn't get their money and neither did most of the poor workers but even BB can't please everyone. At least the rich business owners got their money and lots of it.

the part regarding the minimum wage is rich coming from the dems since the rise to 300B in 7 provinces and the 2-step 39.5% raise now and 300B Jan 2013 was to accommodate the business lobby / dem-backers.

I believe that is called 'hypocrisy'...

Why would the business lobby support increases in minimum wages?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The Dems were backing a more business friendly graduated rise in pay nation wide,

not a sudden all at once jump and only for those around Bangkok,

which is the only thing activated, and only in the last 2 weeks after 8 months.

The flood is blamed for slowing them, but even in the flood,

they were still making moves for Thaksin, while attempting to

hide the consequences of the coming flood to the poor.

Duplicitous, spurious and mean spirited.

The poor have been diddle by Team Thaksin yet again.

• Like 1

The corporate tax cuts are to entice foreign business. This is especially important since the floods of last year. However their other antics are more than enough to put off any prospective companies from investing in Thailand.

Are you suggesting that they knew about the floods during election campaigning last year?

The tax cuts were specifically targeted as relief for businesses having to increase minimum wages to 300 baht. I wonder if the tax cuts are only available to businesses in the 7 provinces?

The corporate tax cuts are to entice foreign business. This is especially important since the floods of last year. However their other antics are more than enough to put off any prospective companies from investing in Thailand.

Are you suggesting that they knew about the floods during election campaigning last year?

The tax cuts were specifically targeted as relief for businesses having to increase minimum wages to 300 baht. I wonder if the tax cuts are only available to businesses in the 7 provinces?

I think that will depend on who owns the businesses.

Another bean counter. Robert McNamara used to count the bodies of dead Vietnamese in order to measure the success of the American army in Japan. The rednecks never overcame the fetish for numbers and are doing the same in their nonsense war on drugs. THey lost both. It is not about numbers it is about policies. And at least Yingluck has some policies. They may be flawed but she is doing more than just watching the "shop" like Chuan and Abhisit did. They were there to keep the status quo and do nothing, including not helping the poor.

OK the graduate students didn't get their money and neither did most of the poor workers but even BB can't please everyone. At least the rich business owners got their money and lots of it.

the part regarding the minimum wage is rich coming from the dems since the rise to 300B in 7 provinces and the 2-step 39.5% raise now and 300B Jan 2013 was to accommodate the business lobby / dem-backers.

the fact that the current implementation (above) has been done, and not a national, one-time increase to 300B/day was to accommodate the business lobby / democrats

The delay from Jan to Apr, ostensibly to accommodate businesses after the flooding, was also to accommodate the business lobby / democrats.

Now the democrats say the minimum wage "campaign promise" has not been fulfilled - rich one that is...

The delay from Jan to Apr, ostensibly to accommodate businesses after the flooding, was also to accommodate the business lobby / democrats.

Now the democrats say the minimum wage "campaign promise" has not been fulfilled - rich one that is...

But it hasn't been fulfilled in the provinces that were not affected by the flooding, i.e. most of them.

So tlansford, your view is that if you oppose the wage hike your either either a business man or a dem supporter.

Has it occurred to you that some folks may simply oppose the big jump for good logical* reasons but are not dems and/or are not reds and/or not yellow. (*Because they believe that big jumps simply push prices and inflation up quickly and achieve nothing, whereas policy which spreads the wealth would likely be a better move.)

Or put it another way, you seem to be taking the discussion back to 'your either red' or 'your yellow'.

Not true and not helpful.

the fact that the current implementation (above) has been done, and not a national, one-time increase to 300B/day was to accommodate the business lobby / democrats

"to accommodate the business lobby / democrats"

Yeah ... right ... sure. They're going to do things because the democrats asked them to!?!

They might have been accommodating the business lobby, but it's not like they're all Democrat supporters. Besides that, this was a promise to the voters. If they were going to accommodate the business lobby, they shouldn't have promised an immediate nationwide minimum wage increase to 300 baht.

So you didn't notice the fact that the democrat party were in government for approximately 2 years 6 months and yet their "tally" is being compared to only 6 months of the Yingluck government.....................

Silly me, I thought the election was 9-and-a-half months ago, and PM-Yingluck had been in-power for eight-and-a-half months, not six ? Perhaps the six months only seemed like eight-and-a-half ? whistling.gif

So tlansford, your view is that if you oppose the wage hike your either either a business man or a dem supporter.

Has it occurred to you that some folks may simply oppose the big jump for good logical* reasons but are not dems and/or are not reds and/or not yellow. (*Because they believe that big jumps simply push prices and inflation up quickly and achieve nothing, whereas policy which spreads the wealth would likely be a better move.)

Or put it another way, you seem to be taking the discussion back to 'your either red' or 'your yellow'.

Not true and not helpful.

That is not my argument, so your are right, "not true and not helpful"

It is simply to point out that - among other reasons mentioned by others here - this is disingenuous/hypocritical coming from the democrats.

"to accommodate the business lobby / democrats"

Yeah ... right ... sure. They're going to do things because the democrats asked them to!?!

They might have been accommodating the business lobby, but it's not like they're all Democrat supporters. Besides that, this was a promise to the voters. If they were going to accommodate the business lobby, they shouldn't have promised an immediate nationwide minimum wage increase to 300 baht.

whatever...

The business lobby has fought the min-wage every step of the way. That is a fact. The current implementation is a practical accommodation for them and still gives a benefit to the workers. IMO, it is a decent solution for everyone.

The problem is when the Democrats then try to use the current deal as proof that the gov't is not performing - that is hypocritical - at least in my opinion.

It doesn't seem to be hypocritical in your opinion, but it is not my job to change your mind. So let's leave it at that.

whatever...

The business lobby has fought the min-wage every step of the way. That is a fact. The current implementation is a practical accommodation for them and still gives a benefit to the workers. IMO, it is a decent solution for everyone.

The problem is when the Democrats then try to use the current deal as proof that the gov't is not performing - that is hypocritical - at least in my opinion.

It doesn't seem to be hypocritical in your opinion, but it is not my job to change your mind. So let's leave it at that.

The current implementation is a practical accommodation for the business lobby, not for the Democrats.

The PTP promised something and they haven't delivered it. If they couldn't deliver it, then they shouldn't have promised it. What is hypocritical with the Democrats complaining about that?

Unfortunately, Thaksin will have to gut the country for some people to understand the problem. When he was thrown out people were cheering. Five years of billionaire funded propaganda and agitation later, the late arrivals are cheering on a would-be despot in the name of democracy. Most ironic.

His supporters would cheer on any Despot in the world,as long as the price was right,think money,it's the answer to everything in Thailand,any other theories can be discounted,and are not worth considering.

Edited by MAJIC

So you didn't notice the fact that the democrat party were in government for approximately 2 years 6 months and yet their "tally" is being compared to only 6 months of the Yingluck government.....................

Silly me, I thought the election was 9-and-a-half months ago, and PM-Yingluck had been in-power for eight-and-a-half months, not six ? Perhaps the six months only seemed like eight-and-a-half ? whistling.gif

Yes silly you. Before you make your <Snip!> comments try reading the OP

Despite the war of drug, the Office of the Narcotics Control Board conceded that the arrest records for traffickers in the past six months were less than those taken place in the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration.

Edit to add: Even if they took the entire period of yinglucks government do you still think it is a fair comparison to make

2 1/2 years compared to 8 1/2 months?

Edited by metisdead
Inflammatory comment removed, reconsider the use of such comments in future postings.
  • Like 1

whatever...

The current implementation is a practical accommodation for the business lobby, not for the Democrats.

The PTP promised something and they haven't delivered it. If they couldn't deliver it, then they shouldn't have promised it. What is hypocritical with the Democrats complaining about that?

I have the feeling that you are not being sincere.

Yes silly you. Before you make your <Snip!> comments try reading the OP

Despite the war of drug, the Office of the Narcotics Control Board conceded that the arrest records for traffickers in the past six months were less than those taken place in the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration.

Edit to add: Even if they took the entire period of yinglucks government do you still think it is a fair comparison to make

2 1/2 years compared to 8 1/2 months?

On re-reading the OP, you are correct, I was wrong.

Am I still a smartarse ?

whatever...

You're feeling is wrong.

You're suggesting that the PTP changed the minimum wages to suit the Democrats, and therefore they are hypocritical for complaining. But there is no evidence that was why they didn't do what they promised.

The PTP promised an immediate 300 baht per day nationwide. Regardless of their excuses, they have failed to deliver on that promise. Pretty much from day one, they started scaling it back.

The Democrats have every right to complain when prior to the election the PTP promised that they would do something immediately, and now they don't plan to deliver it until 18 months later. The problems with raising the wages was highlighted as soon as it was mentioned as an election promise. They still promised it, so they can't make excuses for not implementing it.

(Yingluck even promised 1000 baht per day by 2020 - how do they plan to get to that if they keep putting off their initial 300 baht per day)

whatever...

You're feeling is wrong.

You're suggesting that the PTP changed the minimum wages to suit the Democrats, and therefore they are hypocritical for complaining. But there is no evidence that was why they didn't do what they promised.

The PTP promised an immediate 300 baht per day nationwide. Regardless of their excuses, they have failed to deliver on that promise. Pretty much from day one, they started scaling it back.

The Democrats have every right to complain when prior to the election the PTP promised that they would do something immediately, and now they don't plan to deliver it until 18 months later. The problems with raising the wages was highlighted as soon as it was mentioned as an election promise. They still promised it, so they can't make excuses for not implementing it.

(Yingluck even promised 1000 baht per day by 2020 - how do they plan to get to that if they keep putting off their initial 300 baht per day)

The PTP one upped the Dems with the 300 baht,

and of course have not implemented as they priomised.

Only the non-complience would please the Dems since is shows PTP to be liars.

The idea that PTP did it to please or appease the Dems is just total bilge water.

Undrinkable slime.

Edited by animatic

-- deleted for quotes --

You're feeling is wrong.

The PTP one upped the Dems with the 300 baht,

and of course have not implemented as they priomised.

Only the non-complience would please the Dems since is shows PTP to be liars.

The idea that PTP did it to please or appease the Dems is just total bilge water.

Undrinkable slime.

does it hurt when you fall off your rocker, Animatic?