Thaksin Expected To Return In Four Months: Surapong

Lite Beer

Thaksin expected to return in four months: Surapong

BANGKOK: Fugitive expremier Thaksin Shinawatra is expected to return to Thailand after a new law for national reconciliation becomes effect in three to four months, the Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said Tuesday.

Surapong, who is an MP from the ruling Pheu Thai Party, said that he saw no obstacles to such a law, adding that he believed that most people in Thailand wanted to see national reconciliation achieved.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-17

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pheu Thai "it's not about Thaksin" party which is in this for helping the poor and with a Dept. PM having said "no further dialogue" necessary now has the MoFA confirming why when everybody and his buffalo was flooded a shiny new passport had to be rushed out to k. Thaksin.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Time in 3 months for everybody to wear red. That'll confuse everybody from PTP as who to attack and not to attack on the streets. And it will hide the final gun shot wound as camouflage.

-mel.

In years gone by, English officers wore red coats so that the troops wouldn't know when they were wounded. For similar reasons, French officers wore brown pants.

Thaksin masks should make life difficult for snipers.

There you go, in three to four months hes back and thats what most people want.

and in 8 month he is on the run again.....

most people don't care about politics

many can be bought for 500 Baht

a few really love Thaksin even without money

more really hate him.

• Like 1

There you go, in three to four months hes back and thats what most people want.

Actually, not. Polls show ... not. Because people don't want civil war.

The polls show most people want him to come back and appeal his case in court.

Of course by then the law may have been changed retrospectively anyway.

Edited by bigbamboo

Time in 3 months for everybody to wear red. That'll confuse everybody from PTP as who to attack and not to attack on the streets. And it will hide the final gun shot wound as camouflage.

-mel.

In years gone by, English officers wore red coats so that the troops wouldn't know when they were wounded. For similar reasons, French officers wore brown pants.

Actually it's because the needlessly spilled blood of their men would not be too visible on their nice officers uniforms...........

Poorly worded but you know what i mean.

And why denigrate the French ???

You do demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

On another headline mr T says this is not the time to come back. Reconcilliation will not happen if he comes back before its under way and that will take time. He is still in the eyes of the law a fugitive I believe, or do some people think reconcilliation and amnesty or pardon are the same thing?

Welcome back. Are you ready for the hard work ahead? Will Thailand become a truely democratic country like England or the U.S? Good to see you back, we've all been waiting for this moment. Go get um Big T.

Thaksin is an anti-democrat. All of his actions proved that. The evidence and reasons have been posted elsewhere on this board and I really haven't got the energy to repeat all of that now. Democracy is simply a word that his PR people hijacked in order to undermine the Democrats and build a quassi-fascist movement.

• Like 1

-mel.

Actually it's because the needlessly spilled blood of their men would not be too visible on their nice officers uniforms...........

Ummmm ........Phil, it was an anglophile oriented joke, from the days when officers stood in the front line instead of phoning in from Dubai with "I will be with you in Bangkok" when every man knew he and his would be many miles away.

Edited by Scott
Inflammatory remark edited out

-mel.

Ummmm ........Phil, it was an anglophile oriented joke, from the days when officers stood in the front line instead of phoning in from Dubai with "I will be with you in Bangkok" when every man knew he and his would be many miles away.

Yes, point taken, however Thai politics is an especially long way from Rorkes Drift.

From a Cymruphile. ( ...Am Bath and all that)

Changing the laws to give amnesty to a fugitive. I can't see the Yellow's or the Military wearing that one. I honestly think that the average Thai does not care about Thaksin any more, it's just the fanatics in the red shirt movement that do. Is that enough to swing it?

Changing the laws to give amnesty to a fugitive. I can't see the Yellow's or the Military wearing that one. I honestly think that the average Thai does not care about Thaksin any more, it's just the fanatics in the red shirt movement that do. Is that enough to swing it?

If not ................."there could be trouble ahead"

If he's done his time he's be a free man now and we wouldn't be having this debate.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

If he'd been an honest man he'd still be Prime Minister.

Not quite, has got more serious cases awaiting him! All he has to do is come back to Thailand to heet them handed to him. If t was only 2 years, there wouldn't really be a problem, the problem is that he might face 20 years on the other cases.

• Like 1

If he's done his time he's be a free man now and we wouldn't be having this debate.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

If he'd been an honest man he'd still be Prime Minister.

Not quite, has got more serious cases awaiting him! All he has to do is come back to Thailand to heet them handed to him. If t was only 2 years, there wouldn't really be a problem, the problem is that he might face 20 years on the other cases.

Think you didn't get it.If he'd been an honest man,there would be no cases to waiting for him.