Thaksin Expected To Return In Four Months: Surapong

Lite Beer

Let's face it, he is coming back. The yellows &/or Army can't come out because of the reds show of force in 2010. I can't imagine a few thousand yellows hanging around if 50,000 reds hold a rally right next to theirs. They'd need those brown pants. Therefore it's signed, sealed and delivered. Then the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back & does a good job for the country many people will be eating their words. And vice versa if he doesn't.

Why wouldn't a few thousand yellows hang around 50000 reds? Oh, you probably mean because of the blacks in with the reds which case they would need their browns.

Thailand, hub of colours!

No, because it might finally get the message through their thick skulls that they are poorly supported and badly outnumbered by a group representing the majority of the electorate.

Might I humbly suggest you try using the "calculator" app on your computer. At the last election there was 75% voter turn out. Of this PTP scraped a little over 50%. Even if we assume that every single PTP voter is as deeply in love with the big T as some of our beloved posters on TV, that's still well under 40% of Thai voters.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, he is coming back. The yellows &/or Army can't come out because of the reds show of force in 2010. I can't imagine a few thousand yellows hanging around if 50,000 reds hold a rally right next to theirs. They'd need those brown pants. Therefore it's signed, sealed and delivered. Then the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back & does a good job for the country many people will be eating their words. And vice versa if he doesn't.

Why wouldn't a few thousand yellows hang around 50000 reds? Oh, you probably mean because of the blacks in with the reds which case they would need their browns.

No, because it might finally get the message through their thick skulls that they are poorly supported and badly outnumbered by a group representing the majority of the electorate.

Oh so might = right ??

note to "khienokfarang".

There are far more than 50,000 people in Thailand ready to rise up if and when Thaksin aka DL does decide to make his glorious return to the Kingdom.

The present Yellow Shirt leaders are merely saber rattlers. When the box is opened the fun begins.

Ultimately making Ratchaprasong look like a garden party.

(IMHO)

First I'm nicknamed a Troll and now I have an adjective word trolling for what I do. Today I trolled some posts on Thaivisa and maybe tomorrow I will be trolling some new posts. Troll off.

The state of debate on Thaivisa 2012.

Not really got any better since 2010 - Glass houses, hypocrisy, you name it

Thaksin says
jerk.gif

Edited by phiphidon

First I'm nicknamed a Troll and now I have an adjective word trolling for what I do. Today I trolled some posts on Thaivisa and maybe tomorrow I will be trolling some new posts. Troll off.

The state of debate on Thaivisa 2012.

Not really got any better since 2010

rising to the baiting troll self-deleted

Edited by Buchholz

Okay then lets have the army back in full control is that what your saying. I bet your one of the no vote people.

You want the army back in control??

When I look at:

Surajud

Samak

Somchai

Abhisit

Yingluck

Than I think the Surajud government was far the best, democratic or not it had the most common sense.

I prefer this country when the army is in charge.

You wouldn't be saying that if you've read some history of Thailand.

That is very true, but to be fair, the most recent military coup rule in Thailand, though not a great leap forward for Thailand, was very mild by both Thai and global standards. Edited by Jingthing

I was in Hat Yai when it happened. I thought great, Checkpoints all the way home to Ranong. Apart from the normal Chumpon Ranong border patrol. Not one. The speed cops in Surat were absent. Down here the Thais I know well, were pleased. We saw the pictures of the soldiers in Bangkok being given flowers. The only shame was they failed in their intention to educate the population what true democracy means.

I`ve lived here with the army running things and for us expats it`s a whole lot better, but at the end of the day it`s up to the Thais who is in power, you and me don`t have a say.
  • Like 1

And you think that's progress, and going forward? More Thai people understanding the real factors of building and maintaining democracy, more Thai people understanding and supporting total respect for the law and equal application of the law. ,,, I think not.

Edited by scorecard

And you think that's progress, and going forward? More Thai people understanding the real factors of building and maintaining democracy, more Thai people understanding and supporting total respect for the law and equal application of the law. ,,,

I don't think Thailand is anywhere close to the masses or the elites really caring about respect for the law.

It must be obvious to all that an army coup takeover is coming soon which will lead to a civil law. The Yellows won't put up with this crap. That is why I am now living in Laos. Don't know about you but I prefer to be away when the bombs and bullets start flying. Many I know here in Laos have left for the same reason - so don't think I am some random lunatic. Would you want to start a business in this environment. Laos tourism is on the up and up - great place to start a business. So many innocent people already been shot in these Thailand drug wars. If you are going to stay here - please by a bullet proof vest. When I say Thailand the Laos say bombs, insurgents, civil war, yellow, red. They know its coming. Laos is a military dictatorship. And a military dictatorship is the only way to run Thailand - history has shown.

Edited by heiwa

Khun Thaksin back and we will have a dictatorship, for REAL, look at the said situation since last August, being run from abroad, and the absentee P.M. for most of the time is PLAYING for time, for HIM. yes the lord and master of a 2 faced person, who's government has delayed deferred postponed--the HUB of delayed promises. all this must look a mess on the world stage, what on earth are the clowns doing, lining their pockets ???   and sod to the people-and the tourists and world opinion. I have just returned from Laos, and the amount of people going there is unreal-and the rest who are nearly ready for Burma-----it will soon be a mass evacuation by foreigners.  Maybe we have had the best times here and a large opinion is -YES it's time to move on.

Khun Thaksin back and we will have a dictatorship, for REAL, look at the said situation since last August, being run from abroad, and the absentee P.M. for most of the time is PLAYING for time, for HIM. yes the lord and master of a 2 faced person, who's government has delayed deferred postponed--the HUB of delayed promises. all this must look a mess on the world stage, what on earth are the clowns doing, lining their pockets ??? and sod to the people-and the tourists and world opinion. I have just returned from Laos, and the amount of people going there is unreal-and the rest who are nearly ready for Burma-----it will soon be a mass evacuation by foreigners. Maybe we have had the best times here and a large opinion is -YES it's time to move on.

You think I will soon hear an echo when I shout the word farang while standing outside my house? Edited by pipo1000

It must be obvious to all that an army coup takeover is coming soon which will lead to a civil law. The Yellows won't put up with this crap. That is why I am now living in Laos. Don't know about you but I prefer to be away when the bombs and bullets start flying. Many I know here in Laos have left for the same reason - so don't think I am some random lunatic. Would you want to start a business in this environment. Laos tourism is on the up and up - great place to start a business. So many innocent people already been shot in these Thailand drug wars. If you are going to stay here - please by a bullet proof vest. When I say Thailand the Laos say bombs, insurgents, civil war, yellow, red. They know its coming. Laos is a military dictatorship. And a military dictatorship is the only way to run Thailand - history has shown.

Hey, Heiwa......... what's it like in Laos? I know a few ex-pats who are disenchanted with Thailand and are considering a change of scene.

I`ve lived here with the army running things and for us expats it`s a whole lot better, but at the end of the day it`s up to the Thais who is in power, you and me don`t have a say.

I have too, so maybe the military are better these days. In the past there've been some bad guys like the uncouth Field Marshal Sarit who led a coup and then ruled up to his death in 1963 and had managed to accumulate 140M USD worth of assets (including around 20 houses) over just 11 years, which was found out when his family fought over the share of assets.

Another problem is that the military don't have the various expertise required to properly run a country, such as in economics and welfare.

I have too, so maybe the military are better these days. In the past there've been some bad guys like the uncouth Field Marshal Sarit who led a coup and then ruled up to his death in 1963 and had managed to accumulate 140M USD worth of assets (including around 20 houses) over just 11 years, which was found out when his family fought over the share of assets.

Another problem is that the military don't have the various expertise required to properly run a country, such as in economics and welfare.

What may be needed is a group with lack of experience in running a country, the past decade of experienced government drones seem to have been somewhat lacking , where improvement is desired/needed.

Just like politicians in fact, which many generals go on to become, in later life ! It explains a lot, when you think about it ! rolleyes.gif

Thaksin is very serious when quote he said "I hope to return for my birthday". My advice to the PAD is to find something on Yingluck. Only a scandal will stop him returning.

Gimme a break, the complete Shinawatra saga is a scandal. Edited by pipo1000
  • Like 2

Thaksin is very serious when quote he said "I hope to return for my birthday". My advice to the PAD is to find something on Yingluck. Only a scandal will stop him returning.

Wrong. The only thing that will stop/is stopping him returning is PT failing in finding a way for him to worm out of his crime(s).

• Like 2