Advise On Wording

GU22, and all

Gu22 as you know im travelling to BBK early jan 06, and im beginning to panic a little with regards to how and exactly what i should write in my sponsorship letter, as i have already had the first application refused, (to early i know). … i am concerned about getting the wording and substance of the sponsorship letter correct. … i would be extremely grateful if you could help me with any pointers regarding the lay out of what i shall put forward ... i know to enclose my earning, describe my home, state the relationship, reason for visit and promise to return her to thailand ... guess its just a case of advise and anything further you or any one can put forward or in what you/they wrote in they applications.…

by the way the "chickens" where at her fathers home on the out skirts of BBK, her parents are separated sadly. but i will find out more when i see her, will let you know then.

also on a slightly different note.. if i was to move to thailand how easy is it to find work, not wishing to say too much in open conversation, it appears that we are going to sell our family business here in the Uk which i have ran for the past 10years and from this i will have a considerable amount of money, not wishing to jump head first into some bar or other shady business, i would rather work for a year or two and learn more about how things are exactly over there ... its an open thought at the moment and nothing carved in stone but the idea is at the forefront of my mind, any advise with regard to that?

peter

Hi,

From Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3)

If you are offering to provide support and accommodation, or to pay for travel to the UK, you must provide evidence of your ability to do so. The following would be helpful.

A letter of sponsorship giving details of your occupation and salary and how you will provide support and accommodation for the applicant. There is no need to have this letter certified (in other words, signed) before a solicitor or commissioner for oaths to confirm it is genuine...........

I would also include a brief description of the relationship, how and where you met, how long you have known each other etc.

I suggest that you have a good read through the rest of that link, too.

by the way the "chickens" where at her fathers home on the out skirts of BBK, her parents are separated sadly. but i will find out more when i see her, will let you know then.
I don't want to know the answer, to be frank. I was asking the question as I wanted you to think a bit more about this, as it rung a warning bell. Particularly as you also said that you had been told that someone could get her a visa if you paid £1000! Told by whom, I wonder. Still, it is your relationship, and hopefully you will see said chickens when you visit her at her father's home.

I'm sorry, but I can't advise you on the best way of moving to and working in Thailand. Other than to say that for every Falang who has made money from owning a bar, there are 1000 who have lost every penny! May a suggest a post in the Jobs, economy, banking, business, investment in Thailand forum would garner some posts from people more knowledgeable on this subject than I.

Best of luck, and compliments of the season.

Hi,

apparently she went into one of the visa "help" shops and i was put on the telephone to a one "Mr Ken" whom told me for £1000 he could sort out a fiancee visa in 3 months or no payment would be tendered ... ho hum

back to the "chickens" lol .. why should the sound of chickens ring warning bells?? what should i be looking into with regards toe these "chickens" and nots let forget the "gamecock" !! which her parents thought may have given her a fever and she claims she spent the night in hospital, subsequently it was the end of the roost for mr "gamecock" and all his little "chickens"...

[

compliments of the season to you also

The link that GU22 provided covers all the basics of a sponsorship letter.

In addition you need to assure the embassy that your g/f will not seek or engage in income producing activites whilst in the UK, will have all her living expenses paid by you, will have her accommodation provided by you and will leave the UK on or before the due date.

You also need to convince the embassy that your relationship with her is genuine and on-going. This is required from both of you.

You didn't state WHY your first application was refused. I can only assume that it was something that she didn't cover properly in the application.

Providing the basics sometimes is not enough, you should provide as much as you can to support each important point in your application.

Statutory declarations from friends and family assuring the embassy that the relationship is genuine also helps.

Place yourself in the shoes of the person making the final decision re your visa. What would you regard as convincing evidence?

Hi Peter,

It seems we are in very similar situations, sad to hear your G/F did not get visa, but is sort of confirms a lot of the advice on this Forum. I am going to LOS on 31 Dec, less than one week, can't wait, where I will take loads of photos as suggested by this Forum, for a possible future visa application. My G/F and I have put plans for a visa on hold for now, it would seem it's not that straightforward, however if we can work through this it is more proof for me of a worthwhile relationship.

I would also love to move to LOS on a permanent basis and have spent some time and money gaining a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) although any employment in Thailand seems to be relatively poorly paid compared with UK. I have no degree though, and although not impossible to find work could prove difficult. Again parts of this Forum can help.

I would like to share my thoughts as these may be of interest to you. I posted a thread some time ago, and have read a few similar ones on http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=13 , and got some interesting replies. I then prioritised as much as possible.

1. Pension, long way away for you, and for me to at 45 but must be considered.

2. Earning, difficult in Thailand:

a. Own business, not for me no exceptional business plan.

b. Teaching, not well paid by UK standards, a possibility, worth following up.

c. The part-time route, work UK part year, live LOS part year, not ideal but may suffice temporarily.

3. Remain UK wait until suitable time for G/F to get visa. G/F would rather stay in Thailand and only wants to come to UK to please me, not a permanent solution.

As you can probably gather I'm not sure what to do, but I feel better for sharing, will keep you posted in case my experiences/ thoughts are of any help to anyone.

The experiences and knowledge of others help me make my decisions.

All the best for Christmas and good luck for whatever you choose.

Neil