Black Mail

shanshan

The first thing i would demand is a DNA test. I would'nt be trusting that bitch.

Totally stupid sentence... as many others I did see...

What do we know about the OP and his GF? Nothing, because he does not answer the questions like where he lives, whether he legally accepted the child... and I would like to know what the OP did to this girl... he seems to be the father (he says), but did he ask his GF to marry him?

Or did he tell his GF that he can not marry her but will want to see the child but not support her raising the kid??? Because in that situation, I would be completely on the girl's side...

So without further information, every comment about the girl might be completely false and wrongly insulting...

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing i would demand is a DNA test. I would'nt be trusting that bitch.

Totally stupid sentence... as many others I did see...

What do we know about the OP and his GF? Nothing, because he does not answer the questions like where he lives, whether he legally accepted the child... and I would like to know what the OP did to this girl... he seems to be the father (he says), but did he ask his GF to marry him?

Or did he tell his GF that he can not marry her but will want to see the child but not support her raising the kid??? Because in that situation, I would be completely on the girl's side...

So without further information, every comment about the girl might be completely false and wrongly insulting...

Keep it in the middle and..

Keep it basic its a bad situation in where the mother and the father should get to a solution together. TIT means this time the father should be responsible and the mother has to be taken care of.

• Like 1

This kind of thing is all about control. I seen it before with Thai gilrls...ya just got to let them know you won't take any shit.

No different to women anywhere. I'm sure there are women out there who would say the same too. Compromise and fair is good bullshit is not acceptable.

Applies to more than just this troll anyway...

Give her the bus fare home and tell her not to let the door hit her in the arse on the way out.

Then go to Soi Cowboy and find a replacement.

Then go to Soi Cowboy and find a replacement.

Why? So this scenario can repeat itself in a few years?

Strange that people who have those amazing stories to tell are always those who just discovered Thaivisa that very same day.

It's also strange that they post once and then do a runner...

No no he has to do the ironing...

Strange that people who have those amazing stories to tell are always those who just discovered Thaivisa that very same day.

Nothing strange about it. I was lurking and reading unregistered long before I registered here.

That IS a little strange but he maybe just busy dealing with his situation...

Something very similar happened to a guy I know in BKK and he did come to some sort of financial arrangement and kept the child.

For me the very idea of buying your own child is abhorrent but probably cheaper than getting lawyers, courts involved.

I would insist on full custody done legally before parting with any cash, a letter of authorisation from the Mother giving permission for the child to leave Thailand and as when is necessary and ensure he has his own western passport.

Good luck.

I'm aware of a case of a Thai couple, legally married at Amphur office, who realized they were totally incompatable and should divorce, one small child involved. This about 5 years ago.

The father was not prepared to allow the mother to have legal custody of the child (because he had strong concerns that the child would be neglected by the mother, plus he was very attached to the child).

The father told the wife: ' I will go ahead with legal divorce but you must sign that I have full custody rights but I will allow you to visit the child etc., and I wil pay you a settlement of 100,000Baht, but you must sign proper documents with all of this shown clearly'..

She agreed. They went to the Amphur office, luckily they got an officer who was mature and had some experience in these matters (but of course not a lawyer).

The officer said 'Are you sure you cannot fix your marriage?' Both say no. Officer made no further comments on this point.

Husband explained that they had already agreed about custody and a settlement and explained in detail to the officer. Officer made no comment.

Officer then prepared some simple forms but added some wording about the custody and settlement as explained by the husband plus she added some words indicating that both parties (by their signatures) realized that:

1. Upon signature the custody matter was fully settled and could not changed without both agreeing or by a court order.

2. The wife could not at a later date ask for any further settlement money or whatever.

Officer then asked both to read the document very carefully and be sure the words were completely as per their wishes.

Wife said she would sign when she saw 100,000 on the table, Husband put the money on the table.

Wife and husband both signed, wife also signed that she had received the 100,000.

Officer witnessed the signatures and added some words that she saw the wife aceept 100,000 Baht cash.

Extra info in this specific case.

- Mother has never made any attempt to spend any time with the child, never calls, never recognizs birthdays etc, and has never asked for any further money.

- Wife blew the 100,000Baht cash immediately, gave it to her new Thai boyfriend to put a deposit on a new car. New boyfriend then said 'realtionship all finshed, bye' and moved on.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Something very similar happened to a guy I know in BKK and he did come to some sort of financial arrangement and kept the child.

For me the very idea of buying your own child is abhorrent but probably cheaper than getting lawyers, courts involved.

I would insist on full custody done legally before parting with any cash, a letter of authorisation from the Mother giving permission for the child to leave Thailand and as when is necessary and ensure he has his own western passport.

Good luck.

- Wife blew the 100,000Baht cash immediately, gave it to her new Thai boyfriend to put a deposit on a new car. New boyfriend then said 'realtionship all finshed, bye' and moved on.

Welcome to Thailand ! thumbsup.gif

Not much unusual about this story, or maybe ive just heard it many times coffee1.gif

I'm aware of a case of a Thai couple, legally married at Amphur office, who realized they were totally incompatable and should divorce, one small child involved. This about 5 years ago.

Officer then prepared some simple forms but added some wording about the custody and settlement as explained by the husband plus she added some words indicating that both parties (by their signatures) realized that:

1. Upon signature the custody matter was fully settled and could not changed without both agreeing or by a court order.

2. The wife could not at a later date ask for any further settlement money or whatever.

Officer then asked both to read the document very carefully and be sure the words were completely as per their wishes.

Wife said she would sign when she saw 100,000 on the table, Husband put the money on the table.

Wife and husband both signed, wife also signed that she had received the 100,000.

Officer witnessed the signatures and added some words that she saw the wife aceept 100,000 Baht cash.

- Mother has never made any attempt to spend any time with the child, never calls, never recognizs birthdays etc, and has never asked for any further money.

Yes, that's how to do it here properly. I only granted my wife her freedom in exchange for the two babies and her swearing never to ask me for any money. Didn't have to pay her a dime, but of course I'm on the hook for two kids for the rest of my life. I try to get her to visit once in a while for the sake of the kids - I'd be happy never to see her again myself but they should know their mother - but best she can do is a day trip once every couple of months.

The usual thing here is after a divorce they never set eyes on each other again, kids or no kids.

-------------------

However if you're not married in the first place, or legally registered as the father then it's not so easy, would basically have to bargain with the girl (ideally together with her family) for her to sign over her rights for a lump sum.

And of course he has completely disappeared, waiting for the predictable replies whilst he laughs on his other identity or his mate's.

I may be wrong, probably a troll, but this is the way I see it. Man meets girl on holiday, in bar, pays cash, plays pool, spend a few weeks or months together, somewhere near a beach, they have sex, she gets pregnant. He flies home. She goes back to the village scared that he will be off with the next girl he sees when he lands in the land of smiles (probably has a bit of previous in that department.) She decides to hit him where it hurts and asks for a big cash advance to see the kid. She's playing hardball. He is deciding whether to keep playing or walk off the field and find another player. Nothing much to see here.

I may be wrong, probably a troll, but this is the way I see it. Man meets girl on holiday, in bar, pays cash, plays pool, spend a few weeks or months together, somewhere near a beach, they have sex, she gets pregnant. He flies home. She goes back to the village scared that he will be off with the next girl he sees when he lands in the land of smiles (probably has a bit of previous in that department.) She decides to hit him where it hurts and asks for a big cash advance to see the kid. She's playing hardball. He is deciding whether to keep playing or walk off the field and find another player. Nothing much to see here.

Why does 'bargirl' have to 'automatically' be part of this situation.

'mainstream' Thais are the populace of this country, there are plenty of examples of 'mainstream' Thais who marry and divorce and often these people met in their 'mainstream' workplaces: offices, factories, etc etc., nothing whatever to do with bars or anything similar.

Edited by scorecard

Why does 'bargirl' have to 'automatically' be part of this situation.

'mainstream' Thais are the populace of this country, there are plenty of examples of 'mainstream' Thais who marry and divorce and often these people met in their 'mainstream' workplaces: offices, factories, etc etc., nothing whatever to do with bars or anything similar.

Of course there are women that do not work in bars. Thanks for pointing that out. We learn something new everyday.

Let's have a closer look at the OP and see what we can see shall we.

Quote "hi im not sure if this is in the correct forum

my thai girlfriend has just issued me with an ultimatum either i pay her 200,000 baht or i never see her and our 9 month old kid again

no idication as to what the money if for, i did ask and the reply i got was "not your business"

Now this is interesting. What kind of woman would demand a large amount of money for no reason and use the phrase 'not your business' when asked what the money was for?

"anyway she aint getting a single baht so what happens happens.

im just interested if anyone else has had this happen to them i have heard of 2 farang in the same situation, maybe its the norm out here"

The phrase 'maybe it's the norm out here' suggests that the OP knows little about the country, language and culture. This kind of rules out your 'maybe they met at work' theory.

But hey hoe, what do I know.

If she aint a bargirl she's acting like one if this post is to be believed.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Assuming this isn't a troll post your first call should be to your embassy.

Or the lunatic asylum.

And BTW, it`s blackmail.

violin.gif

actually, its black male.

i have reason to believe she has run off with hardenedsoul

its your responsibility, provided the child is yours. 200k is cheap for a child, less than 7 grand. if you don't even have 200k in your savings and have a child, you are nuts. soi dogs mate with soi bitches without thinking about future of a kid as well.

pay her and get the child through some legal means. not sure how it will works but shall ask from the more experienced guys here

Edited by barefoot1988

This must be a newbie troll. I'm calling BS on this one...3 pages of responses and they don't care to respond. If true, swap the kid for the money and tell her to piss off. No woman deserves to be the mother of that child when they try to pull crap like this.

Perhaps the compassion and sage advice restores confidence?

If someone was in a pickle and sought advice only to be pissed on, why would the person hang around?

Assuming this isn't a troll post your first call should be to your embassy.

Or the lunatic asylum.

And BTW, it`s blackmail.

violin.gif

actually, its black male.

i have reason to believe she has run off with hardenedsoul

:D harsh