Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Mekong Bob

Anybody know where one can buy freshly-squeezed orange juice in Chiang Mai these days?

There is a small roadside shop in the Mae Hia Market Area (next door to 7-11) that has had delicious orange juice, bottled and on ice, squeezed fresh each day, no syrup, no sweeteners, for past month. Alas, it looks like their season has now come to an end. I still see lots of oranges in the markets, but the juice vendor whom I have been patronizing has rejected the current supply for reasons unkown to me.

Has anyone found an orange juice vendor still in business? What about that vendor on Nimmanhemin Road (near Starbucks) with the giant plastic orange logo on his stall? Where has he gone?

There's a juice vendor at Suthep Market (Ton Payom) with 100% fruit juice on one end of his stall, from 40 Bt, I recall. Cheap selections at the other end all have water or sugar syrup added.

Why not squeeze your own?

• Like 1

The small old fashioned coffee shop on the left side of the parking lot in front of DK Book squeezes oranges for you. Also the restaurant on the left side of Ratchdammoan just inside the gate a couple of doors past the corner Canyon Coffee has freshly made juice. Both are very tasty as is their coffee.

I'll be curious to read what others respond to your comment of oranges not being on the market -- is it seasonal, a bug in the crop, or ???

Dada Kafe on Ratchamanka road nearby the corner with moon muang road has very good healthy juices of any kind.

You can order how you like it. Regular price is 60 baht but served in a large glass.

Too much hassle

So there is no "hassle" going to the other side of the city to buy a bottle of orange juice? whistling.gif

Probably yes as I forgot to add that the girl at the juice shop is a very good looking lady. (Her mother is nice too but might be in her late 50s)

Too much hassle

So there is no "hassle" going to the other side of the city to buy a bottle of orange juice? whistling.gif

Probably yes as I forgot to add that the girl at the juice shop is a very good looking lady. (Her mother is nice too but might be in her late 50s)

And what, actually, is wrong with a mature woman with experience ?! rolleyes.gif

For what you pay for someone to squeeze your oranges for one drink, you can buy a kilo (and pick your own quality of orange). Not to mention the cost of gas, going out in the heat to get it... How difficult is it to slice some chilled oranges and squeeze them with a hand juicer you can buy anywhere?

There's a juice vendor at Suthep Market (Ton Payom) with 100% fruit juice on one end of his stall, from 40 Bt, I recall. Cheap selections at the other end all have water or sugar syrup added.

Just bought 5 bottles, 200 baht. No luck - too bitter - all 5. Puured down sink. Will try another vendor tromorrow. Perhaps I am just too used to a good thinh. The Mae Hia Market lady has great tasting orange juice, naturally sweet.

post-131333-0-16409800-1334919389_thumb.Really good ones near three kings monument as in map attached

Aristide,

Your map is neat - what program did you use? I appreciate your efforts.

If I read it correctly, the multi-shop building on the corner is the same building that includes the super blueprint & oversize scanning shop which I frequent often. That print shop is on the main street (Phrapokklao), opposite Yuppharat High School. I walked to the end of that building, on street between that building and the Three Kings Museum. Same street block. Unable to find a shop selling that great orange juice, although I asked a couple of shopowners. Can you please identify these streets for me, and (if possible) the name of shop? Many thanks!

Unreal! Just pick yourself up a few kilos of oranges at Muang Mai Market, a hand juicer at any Thai market or an electric one at Siam, etc. keep the oranges in the fridge and slice and squeeze 'em. There, you have O.J. that tastes better than the sweetened ones they sell. (Some sellers also add salt!)blink.png

I can't imagine spending the time and gas you have spent looking for something as simple as O.J.!

• Like 1

post-131333-0-73627200-1335243359_thumb.Hi Mekong Bob I think you were pretty close, here is google street view. I think it's Intawarorot Road.

post-131333-0-24883100-1335244046_thumb.

I use google sketchup, happy to help.

As of today I just had several bottle of juice, watermelon, coconut, and orange. No sugar added. They operate the juicer in front of you.

post-131333-0-16409800-1334919389_thumb.Really good ones near three kings monument as in map attached

Aristide,

Your map is neat - what program did you use? I appreciate your efforts.

If I read it correctly, the multi-shop building on the corner is the same building that includes the super blueprint & oversize scanning shop which I frequent often. That print shop is on the main street (Phrapokklao), opposite Yuppharat High School. I walked to the end of that building, on street between that building and the Three Kings Museum. Same street block. Unable to find a shop selling that great orange juice, although I asked a couple of shopowners. Can you please identify these streets for me, and (if possible) the name of shop? Many thanks!

Edited by ARISTIDE

Just bought 5 bottles, 200 baht. No luck - too bitter - all 5. Puured down sink. Will try another vendor tromorrow. Perhaps I am just too used to a good thinh. The Mae Hia Market lady has great tasting orange juice, naturally sweet.

I think you bought from the left side guy- he sells the plain orange juice that is very acidic.

The right side guy (arm's length away across the aisle) sells the fresh squeezed mandarin orange juice that is nectar of the gods.

120 THB for 1.5 L. Very spendy now, I know. Used to be 90 THB a year ago.

Go in at the connecting entrance nearest the Lotus Express; just to your left maybe 10 meters on the outside/front of the market stalls.

Either the middle aged older guy, or his nice daughter. Definitely not the dour couple to the left- their demeanor is as sour as their juice.