Soliceter/lawyer For Condo Purchase Please

I will be purchasing a condo in the new year, could any one please leave a number/website for a lawyer to deal with the paper work, please only leave names that you have delt with and reccomend as good service., also a idea of costs would be most appreciated, I will be buying at around 1mil baht.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I will be purchasing a condo in the new year, could any one please leave a number/website for a lawyer to deal with the paper work, please only leave names that you have delt with and reccomend as good service., also a idea of costs would be most appreciated, I will be buying at around 1mil baht.

thanks

for these services and price....

"The relevant quotation therefore would be THB 20,000. (+7% VAT) for the items mentioned in my earlier attachment under "property transfer": due diligence; review of proposed sales purchase agreement; hosting of signing of same; Land Department formalities on the closing date.

I used....

Phillip W. Venne

Senior Advisor, Corporate Services

Cell-phone: 07-077-1371

[email protected]

If you are buying NEW then the contract will be in Thai and English so it is pretty straightforward.

I am currently buying one in BK and am not using a lawyer.

I think if I was buying second hand I would have to though.

My Wife's best freind and her boyfreind are buying in the same condo for 4 times as much as we are paying so I feel pretty confident that I can deal with it myself

I made them change a couple of things on it that I was not happy with. ie they promissed to complete the project within 24 months when they TOLD me when I bought it that it would be ready in 12!

I told them they would have to change it to 15 months or refund my deposit in full plus 15% interest. They agreed to do this so the contract has had an Annexe added to it.

They also stated that if the cost of materials went up or down then this would be reflected in the final price.

I said this was unacceptable as prices of materials never go DOWN do they? So they also agreed that the price I am paying now will be the final price.

Why do you feel you need a lawyer for a secon-hand condo purchase but not for a new condo? I would have thought the other way around. The new condo you often buy before any work has started while the second-hand purchase is just a transfer of ownership.

Is there any obvious pitfalls worth watching out for? Common scams?

What about the foreign ownership, does anyone actually check if it is exceeding 49% of the building?

I read somewhere that money used to pay for a condo has do be imported and declared for this purpose, is this true?

• 2 weeks later...