Is It Just Me Or Are The Girls On The Datng Site Banner Ads Getting Hotter?

stevehaigh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin.png Are you upset that someone beat you to the funny picture post? Never mind, when funny pictures fail there's always the insightful '+1' posts to fall back on. biggrin.png

You do have a strong pull toward my posts for someone who doesn't like them that much. A little bit of forum stalking going on me thinks??

The women I met from the Internet were much much better educated, good looking and well behaved. They all wanted to marry me,

The first was a lecturer from tamasat, we got to bonk in her office in the post graduate campus near banglamphu, she lost her virginity late and would nt waste any opportunity to get done.

The second was on 90k monthly plus benefits, taught me to play golf.

I once met n investment banker, and there was a site party, and she decided I am gonna have him to myself without consulting me. she owns river front house in Sydney, she showed me how the super rich live and play, but she also made me suicidal.

I should write a book about my online escapades. The last online fling was first time chat around 5pm, met 7 pm, dinner and drinks and in her condo by 11pm, where she held me hostage till the next day.

^ Was that supposed to be a selling point for dating sites??

You didn't get married to any of these woman then? The one that made you suicidal sounded like a bit of a catch tongue.png

Sites for casual sex (if you need them) are a plenty but they're hardly a good place to find a long term partner are they!

All you have done is confirm that dating sites are on the whole (IMO) a terrible place to find a life partner and that would be 10 times more true of Thai dating sites, where a lot of the members will be lying and probably working as a prostitute at the same time as claiming to be miss goody two shoes.

Why don't your 2 just exchange PMs ....... Any more public bickering and your posts will be removed.

Offtopic, but suggestion for these personal battles which have become annoying trend lately.

1) Create a new Forum: Fight zone, (where rules are more relaxed)

2) When constant bickering happens, put these users to Keyboard Warriors - group for an week

3) Users on this group are allowed to post only to the Fight zone forum, nowhere else. Other users are not allowed to post to the Fight zone group, they can just watch it.

These users can vent out their steam on the group and come back to others when the time is up.

For others it might be fun for a start to see the fighting, but interest will soon fade out. This also means, that these users learn that they are not the heroes they think on the forum, they might change their style of writing.

As the punishment is less than banning the user, it can be used more often. A banned users might never come back to the forum, but when put to stand of the corner for an while, they are likely to come back to normal discussions.

Could that work?

^ What were you reading exactly because it certainly wasn't what I was writing. 'Venting out steam'!! 'Fighting', 'Keyboard warriors'?? Didn't see any of that myself.

I saw two people having a discussion based on the different way they interpreted another posters words. No one lost their temper or got aggressive in the slightest, and nobody got personal.

It's a subject that makes everybody touchy because it's so close to home, that's the only reason why the topic is quickly pushed to one side, because by this forums standards that wasn't bickering in the slightest IMO. Had it been a different topic matter I believe it would have been allowed to conclude which it pretty much had anyway.

People get confused when only two people are taking part in a conversation. They automatically assume it has to be bickering, or the old 'send PM's' post gets made. Re read this thread and tell me where the discussing was any different to how it is in any other thread.

Why not join in and share an opinion of your own or stop reading. Easy. thumbsup.gif

Edited by HongKongPhooey

^ What were you reading exactly because it certainly wasn't what I was writing. 'Venting out steam'!! 'Fighting', 'Keyboard warriors'?? Didn't see any of that myself.

I saw two people having a discussion based on the different way they interpreted another posters words. No one lost their temper or got aggressive in the slightest, and nobody got personal.

It's a subject that makes everybody touchy because it's so close to home, that's the only reason why the topic is quickly pushed to one side, because by this forums standards that wasn't bickering in the slightest IMO. Had it been a different topic matter I believe it would have been allowed to conclude which it pretty much had anyway.

People get confused when only two people are taking part in a conversation. They automatically assume it has to be bickering, or the old 'send PM's' post gets made. Re read this thread and tell me where the discussing was any different to how it is in any other thread.

Why not join in and share an opinion of your own or stop reading. Easy. thumbsup.gif

Off-topic continues, sorry.

Good discussion goes on and possibly creates some new ideas. Good discussion does not repeat it self like an broken disc. Good discussion have no pride of it's participants.

I will share my opinions when I have something meaningful to say, or at least something that at least I will be amused.

I would like to read the opinions and ideas of others for the subject. I do not wish to read spam like self promote posts how one person did interpreted some others posts.

I'm sorry but you simply bore me, and I do not wish to continue this discussion with you any further. You will obviously write an reply, but do not expect an answer to it.

Back to the topic:

One of the benefits of these date sites is that a person can get whole wider and personally filtered view to people who could be potential future partners. Naturally there will be some fakes and people who are not so great as they wish to present them selves. I could believe that normal media reading rules apply to the dating sites as well. One just need to learn to read what is likely to be true and what is not.

There are women on social sites that single and bored, they use it for other services it provides till someone's interests enough to chat. I have never been on an exclusive dating sites.

The good ones will like a normal person that does not want anything from them t least t the beginning. Just be their friend and share in their interests. You never know how much professional women like smart, clean, not so rich, funny guys. They are quite rare in Thailand.

I have seriously pulled above my weight twice, one from ICQ, we became food connoisseurs, and ate in every ethnic restaurant in Bangkok, and after six months, she had other ideas.

A lot of foreigners who pull a Thai Girl as you put it could not get

a decent woman in there home country

That argument is such a crock of crap.

Why not quote my entire post which finishes with

They only think they pull them until they stop paying

As you have been going to bars for 27 years you should know this

Why because the ladies tell you how handsome you are

Yes......but they're only speaking the truth.

When i first arrived here i new 2 ladies who had a beauty salon near

Bangla road where a lot of the bar girls went, they were quite open

in there discussions on how to rip of tourists, in 6 weeks i had learnt

all there schemes although i do not doubt there are new ones now and

i find there discussions boring

So what were you doing in that beauty salon Peter, having your nails done every day, meanwhile listening to Thai girls chatting in Thai, lots of Lao as well probably, and understanding it all?

Edited by stevenl

So what were you doing in that beauty salon Peter, having your nails done every day, meanwhile listening to Thai girls chatting in Thai, lots of Lao as well probably, and understanding it all?

I lived in a hotel close by and went there for a haircut

I called in regularly to say hello to the ladies who owned

the beauty salon they where nice people

Not only did a lot of the bar ladies speak English one also

spoke German and one spoke French,some have quite a high education

also some of them advertised on dating sites

Getting your nails done is something you might do

In regards to the OP. I don't know. I keep getting this one.

post-123755-0-64519500-1335069528_thumb.

C'mon Shot !

Quit making us all jealous by posting the picture of your girl.

GOM, you know me too well. Stunning, isn’t she?

I think you'll find that the photos used for all these dating sites is a classic cases of "bait and switch".

All professional models, not actually available.

I had a mate to met someone from a dating site

It was the same woman but the photo she used was 15 years old

So what your saying is, perhaps these people could get a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty in their own country but are deciding to blow that off for a much younger, far hotter girl they met in a bar in Thailand?

No, that is not what is being said.

I am saying that pretty much anyone can get a decent woman back in their home country just as you describe "a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty".

PC's statement implies that a lot of expats resident in Thailand can't.

What a lode of codswallop, a lot of the guys who hang out in bars here

could not get any women in there own country young, older, ugly or pretty

There is a lot more than looks to a good women as far as i am concerned

Interesting post from the OP because I noticed that the horizontal model for ThaiLoveLinks was recently used in one of my wife's magazines as an underwear model; no "dirty old man" digs, please, she was on the cover and I only wanted to check. But uncle had a good look and he agreed.

Can it be possible that these sites use beautiful women who are not actually available?

Edited by pastitche