Pattaya To Bearing Bts Station

rmicheald

I need to go to a company close to the Bearing BTS station in Bangkok. I was planning on taking the bus to the airport and then the sky train to the Bearing station.

Is this a good plan or is there a better way to go? Thanks in advance.

The bus to the airport doesn't go near the Skytrain. The bus to Ekamai however does. It will let passengers off at the first BTS station it passes once it turns on to Sukhumvit.

So you just got to the Northern Bus terminal in Pattaya (The Roong Ruang operated one) and take a bus to Ekamai. They leave every 20-30 minutes.

• Like 1

^^^^^

This, but coaches will drop off on the junction of Bang Na - Trat and Sukhumvit once over the bridge where you may as well just pick up a cab or even a bus on the other side of the road or probably you might be better off getting of when they stop ( you may need to request it) before the junction and pick up a cab from there.

Udom Suk BTS is only about 400m from here, but if the traffic is bad it can take 15 minutes just to get there with the tailback started on the bridge crossing over Sukumvit.

You can avoid all street traffic by taking the bus to the Airport, then the airport linked train into Bangkok which hooks up with the Skytrain. Then simply get on the Skytrain for a 15 min. ride to Bearing.

True enough, but it takes you pretty far out of the way, to the other side of town, in fact. Then you have to walk down to the Phaya Thai BTS, and it's a ride of more than a half hour to get back to Bearing, more like 40 minutes. The post about the Ekkamai bus was more on the mark. Usually (as long as it's not morning rush hour) it only takes a couple of minutes to get to the Udomsuk station once you're on Sukhumvit, then hop on BTS and go 2 stations back to Bearing. Or take a cab. But you'll be nearby when you get off the bus.

You can avoid all street traffic by taking the bus to the Airport, then the airport linked train into Bangkok which hooks up with the Skytrain. Then simply get on the Skytrain for a 15 min. ride to Bearing.

Don't let me stop you, but you're adding roughly a full hour doing that. (Wait for airport train on average 7 minutes, then to Phaya Thai about 25 minutes, wait for Skytrain 3 minutes, then another 20+ minutes on the Skytrain.)

Also buses to the airport are less frequent.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Don't let me stop you, but you're adding roughly a full hour doing that. (Wait for airport train on average 7 minutes, then to Phaya Thai about 25 minutes, wait for Skytrain 3 minutes, then another 20+ minutes on the Skytrain.)

Also buses to the airport are less frequent.

Ok, on the other hand it takes about 2 hours or more to take the regular bus to the first BTS station, that is only if the traffic is light. The Jomtien Airport bus has never, for me, taken longer than 90 minutes.

Also if you have the unfair advantage of living in Jomtien and are only a 5 minutes walk to the Jomtien Bus Office, such as I, then you avoid the 30 minute plus multi-songthaew ride to the Pattaya Nua bus station ( or having to park your bike at the 30 baht a day parking lot). So for me it works out to about the same amount of time, and I avoid any chance of being stuck in teeth grinding, stop and go traffic.

Not hijacking but is there still a passenger train service out of Pattaya? I wonder how stressless (or otherwise) taking the rot fai into Bangkok would be. I assume that it would go all the way to Hualumpong with no opportunity to get off earlier and try the other 'rapid' transit alternatives to one's chosen final destination.

I think it depends on where you live. If you stay in Jomtien then for sure the airport bus is a better way to go and because you are never sitting in BKK traffic I find that way to be the least stressful and the buses are typically better than the Ekamai-Pattaya route buses

The Pattaya-Ekamai bus dropped me (and about 10 other people) off last week directly at the Udom Suk BTS Station, so then you are only a couple of stops from Bearing. Just let the driver's assistant know when you get on the bus that you need to get off there. It only took one hour and 35 minutes from North Pattaya bus station to Udom Suk.

Edited by Barefoot

The Pattaya-Ekamai bus dropped me (and about 10 other people) off last week directly at the Udom Suk BTS Station, so then you are only a couple of stops from Bearing. Just let the driver's assistant know when you get on the bus that you need to get off there. It only took one hour and 35 minutes from North Pattaya bus station to Udom Suk.

Udom Suk is a regular stop now.

• 2 months later...

Udom Suk is a regular stop now.

I want to get off the Pattaya - Ekkamai bus here (Udom Suk BTS station) tomorrow. Should I mention to the driver I need to get off here or will it be an obvious stop - perhaps the first one?

Will this save much time getting to the Siam BTS station compared to getting off the bus at Ekkamai?

Edited by tropo

Not hijacking but is there still a passenger train service out of Pattaya? I wonder how stressless (or otherwise) taking the rot fai into Bangkok would be. I assume that it would go all the way to Hualumpong with no opportunity to get off earlier and try the other 'rapid' transit alternatives to one's chosen final destination.

This would be OK ,as long as you had 10 years to spare

Yepp it's one train a day... 14:20 leaving and 17:45 arriving in bkk

• 2 months later...

Probably you have figured out by now about Bell Travel - http://www.belltravelservice.com/

200 baht, they pick you up almost anywhere in Pattaya (except Jomtien probably but I'm not sure) in a mini-van to the North Pattaya bus station, then a decent bus to the airport. They know where every place is in Patts, very convenient.

Yes, they do cover many locations in Jomtien also. You can use them for the Pattaya/Jomtien <---> Suvarnabhumi travel and also for Pattaya/Jomtien <---> Bangkok travel. Hotel door to hotel door service. I used them this spring to travel from Jomtien to Bangkok. The only negative at the Bangkok end is if you arrive during the "rush hours", the Bell minivan trip can crawl in the horrible Bangkok traffic. But it is still a decent option, especially if you have some heavy luggage that you don't want to haul around BTS stations and such.

On 1 October 2012, they are also starting service Pattaya/Jomtien <---> Don Muang Airport. Three trips a day according to their website.

I done exactly what the OP proposed on Thursday.

I parked on 1st Floor of Airport Car Park, crossed the road and down to Rail link train.

Paid 45 Baht to get to Phayathai station Bangkok (Took about 20 minutes)

And then transferred to the BTS which would Take you to bearing.

All in all I found it was very convenient.

You could get 1 of two busses to the airport, Jomtien Bus or the Bell bus from North Pattaya.

I have used the bell bus and it is quick and efficient, but you must pre-book your return journey with them.