Children'S Entertainer

misterfloppy

Can anyone recommend a good children's entertainer for my daughter's birthday party, which will take place at the pool of a local hotel?

She has just turned nine-years-old, and most of the kids attend attend an international school where English is the language used. Four or five boys will be among those invited.

:partytime2:

We used Robin ( Num ) a few times, he does a magic show and has some colleagues that do face painting, balloon tieing in fancy dress he can also arrange bouncy castles etc although we used someone else for that. The number is below, chok dee!

Clown Eckie, he does many of the International Schools, the Dusit Thani Hotel, Ploenchit Fair etc. He's on Facebook... He's also a very nice guy and genuinely cares about the kids.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

I hope I don't sound like a stick in the mud, but why do you need an entertainer for a children's party? I never in my childhood saw such a thing, we all just played together and had a great time every time. OK, maybe I am behind the times, but why do we need to manufacture entertainment for the most imaginative souls on the planet, who naturally know how to enjoy themselves? It really isn't hard to steer them if needed, plenty of info online, just a thought but maybe better that dad is the star.

• Like 1

We once hired a Thai clown for my son's birthday. He arrived in full regalia in a tiny red Mira, chain smoking, barking orders at his assistant. Krusty would have been proud. He was great with the kids though, very talented and professional.

• Like 1

I hope I don't sound like a stick in the mud, but why do you need an entertainer for a children's party? I never in my childhood saw such a thing, we all just played together and had a great time every time. OK, maybe I am behind the times, but why do we need to manufacture entertainment for the most imaginative souls on the planet, who naturally know how to enjoy themselves? It really isn't hard to steer them if needed, plenty of info online, just a thought but maybe better that dad is the star.

Aye lad, I ad it ruff we I be knee igh ta grasshopper.

Stale biscuit and cracked mug of cold tea was all I ad fur birthday treat, and ad to share with dog down our aunties coal bunker out sight and quite.

Kids today dunt know ow good they ave it.

Tis right ya know. Give nippers a 5 baht piece and tell em, ya get nout more outa me fa birthday and be ya glad of it.

• Like 1

I guess you folks have never heard of Nickey Fynn!

A mickey finn? not suitable at a kids party ! smile.png

I believe the chap you are referring to went to the states a few years ago (maybe he's back?) Personally I think you should book Beetlejuice...

Edited by ChiangMai2

He's been back and has been for 9 years!

Nick Wisznyski (NickW) aka now Nickey Fynn? NickW could it be you? :)

It was Nick Wiszynski that put me onto Num a few years ago ( definitely not 9 ) because he was in the states.. Since then we have used Num 2 or 3 times, if you are in the business please PM me as we would like a change this year..

All the best CM2

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointingly, I wasn't able to be at the party, which was held at the Vdara Resort pool, as I am back in the UK.

But photos and first hand reports tell me that they had a great time - best party, ever! - and Nickey Fynn (www.nickeyfynn.com/) , who had been recommended, went down a storm.

So did the chocolate cake!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Disappointingly, I wasn't able to be at the party, which was held at the Vdara Resort pool, as I am back in the UK.

But photos and first hand reports tell me that they had a great time - best party, ever! - and Nickey Fynn (www.nickeyfynn.com/) , who had been recommended, went down a storm.

So did the chocolate cake!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

thanks for the feedback...