holiday and travel 8k

True, cable, internet 3k

various 3k

Edited by greenwater

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you live on the street to paknam sea food? 10k for 1/2 rai in phuket town? even for a rundown horror movie style house thats cheap

Oh, I've got one of the sweetest deals going... I'm fully aware of that. My house is actually fairly new. I lived right at the road, but my landlord built a mini mart where my house was and built a new house for my Mrs and me in what was our huge back yard.

I reckon I'm about halfway to Paknam Seafood on the same side.

So you live on the street to paknam sea food? 10k for 1/2 rai in phuket town? even for a rundown horror movie style house thats cheap

Oh, I've got one of the sweetest deals going... I'm fully aware of that. My house is actually fairly new. I lived right at the road, but my landlord built a mini mart where my house was and built a new house for my Mrs and me in what was our huge back yard.

I reckon I'm about halfway to Paknam Seafood on the same side.

There are loads of houses in Phuket town for between 3k and 10k. Condos next to Robinsons for 3k, thought about renting it just for somewhere to crash when I've been out in Phuket town. Great location.

I'm extremely happy with where I live. The only thing annoying is the traffic. My road used to be really quiet. Now, at almost any time of the day, traffic can be backed up for a kilometer! The powers-that-be also decided to put in a traffic light just down from me. There WASN'T a traffic problem there. There is now. Geez, I wish someone would come a see what they've created. Traffic lights are not always the answer.

Anywho, back on track... I often go for a whole week without starting my truck as everything I need is within walking distance. I do fire up the Mrs' bike from time to time to hop down to SuperCheap. Come to think of it, the rains have stopped and I'm out of wine. thumbsup.gif

I'm extremely happy with where I live. The only thing annoying is the traffic. My road used to be really quiet. Now, at almost any time of the day, traffic can be backed up for a kilometer! The powers-that-be also decided to put in a traffic light just down from me. There WASN'T a traffic problem there. There is now. Geez, I wish someone would come a see what they've created. Traffic lights are not always the answer.

Anywho, back on track... I often go for a whole week without starting my truck as everything I need is within walking distance. I do fire up the Mrs' bike from time to time to hop down to SuperCheap. Come to think of it, the rains have stopped and I'm out of wine. thumbsup.gif

oh ya that great light. Everytime you want to turn right going uphill and the light turns green, its actually to go straight and me and most people i have seen keep turning right into oncoming traffic because usualy lights dont do that in thailand. Pretty much the only light in thailand where you have a going forward and an different one to turn right.

It seems like the rent some of you pay for property is pretty high compared to what's on this site: http://www.ddproperty.com/

You can select to search for Phuket housing and set a maximum rent amount, many are 10-12k too.

Galong is getting a sweat deal. Most houses for under 15k most people from western countries would not set a foot in. Condos in phuket town on the other hand are quite decent starting 7-15k baht but still whats the point of moving to a third world country if you're going to live like the poorest of them? Most people would rather live in good comfort and saving money elsewhere.

oh ya that great light. Everytime you want to turn right going uphill and the light turns green, its actually to go straight and me and most people i have seen keep turning right into oncoming traffic because usualy lights dont do that in thailand. Pretty much the only light in thailand where you have a going forward and an different one to turn right.

Traffic backs up for as far as I can see in the morning. It NEVER did this before the light. Why can't they just put a cop there during peak times?

It seems like the rent some of you pay for property is pretty high compared to what's on this site: http://www.ddproperty.com/

You can select to search for Phuket housing and set a maximum rent amount, many are 10-12k too.

Galong is getting a sweat deal. Most houses for under 15k most people from western countries would not set a foot in. Condos in phuket town on the other hand are quite decent starting 7-15k baht but still whats the point of moving to a third world country if you're going to live like the poorest of them? Most people would rather live in good comfort and saving money elsewhere.

I would expect to pay close to twice what I'm paying honestly. I haven't counted, but I've got to have 15 or so fruit trees on in my yard too. I've got five rescued dogs that love to run around and I don't have to worry about them venturing off, as everything a dog wants is right here.

This deal is all thanks to my wonderful Mrs.

A bit too general IMO. I think a huge amount of Farang live in property that's 15k or under and are very happy. The cheapest I've lived in Phuket is 8K a month and I was much happier than I would have been in a 60k a month mansion in Isaan. Location and money to enjoy life are more important to me than a huge pad.

A lot of people choose to downsize as they get older if it means they can retire earlier and free up some spending money, it's the same principle.

If you think 15k per month is how the poorest people live in Thailand then you are very much mistaken.

• Like 1

Loads of lights like that here.

Rang Hill.

Chao Fah West, lights before Central.

Chao Fah West near the temple.

Phuket Merlin intersection.

A couple on Chao Fah East.

Maybe you're just not noticing?

At least a couple of others I can think of in Phuket Town.

Rawai

Free standing house 8 k (been there a couple of years) 2 bedroom, 2 living room, big kitchen, big bathroom, sep. toilet. Only airco in bedroom, no traffic.

Water, 200--

Food, drinks (at home) smokes, soap and stuff, 15.000--

Bar and eating out, 10.000--

TV, internet, 850--

GF mother THE REST wub.png