Fitness First Personal Trainer

chillem

Remember Fitness First is basically insolvent and on the verge of Bankruptcy right now.....might want to wait and see if they manage to restructure before handing them any money or signing up.

On the plus side, i dated a girl in Bangkok who was a PT for them and she really knew her stuff...however she left as it was a bad company to work for who treated the staff like machines/robots and paid sod all.

Remember Fitness First is basically insolvent and on the verge of Bankruptcy right now.....might want to wait and see if they manage to restructure before handing them any money or signing up.

On the plus side, i dated a girl in Bangkok who was a PT for them and she really knew her stuff...however she left as it was a bad company to work for who treated the staff like machines/robots and paid sod all.

Are you not mixing california wow and fitness first up. I believe california wow is the one on the verge of bankruptcy.

Are you not mixing california wow and fitness first up. I believe california wow is the one on the verge of bankruptcy.

No, FF is too for sure, it's over half a Billion Quid in debt.

California Wow is not the only gym in financial troubles...

Fitness First globally reportedly has USD900 million in debt...

first sign of trimming down...24 out of 97 Fitness First gyms in Australia are being sold off...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-01/fitness-first-to-sell-clubs-in-restructure/4047740

hope Thailand is not next on the chopping block...

yes...in addition to trimming down in Australia, in the UK (home country), Fitness First is selling a massive 67 gyms! (and will re-negotiate the lease terms of its remaining 80 gyms)...this is all a struggle to get the company into financial health

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/01/fitness-first-loans-idUSL5E8H18VD20120601

I am really hoping this does not effect the Fitness First gyms in Thailand!!

It will affect all gyms in all countries they opperate if they can't sort themselves out. The casue of their problems stems from too fast expansion into foreign markets on borrowed money. I'm sure a good deal of off the books tea money in certain countries was involved too to secure prime sites and premises etc (Terminal 21 anyone?).

Edited by Shaksey

Hello, sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but I'm thinking of joining fitness first, mainly for the scheduled classes as I actually use the gym in my apartment block! In the UK I did fitness classes like combat/kickboxing, dance and zumba and they offer these in the membership....

So I was quoted the following prices (which were 'knocked down' from much higher starting prices):

Joining fee 499 thb

Admin fee 1600 thb

Body First (personal trainer) 1600 thb for first month only

monthly membership 2065 + 7% vat

Looking at your other posts, this looks quite normal, but I really don't need a personal trainer and was told that the 'body first' thing was not optional. Is that right? Has anyone else been told that?

Basically, I think it's a lot for what I want, as I really don't think I'll be going every day (possibly 2 classes and 1 workout per week) but she offered for me to come in a try 2 classes so I can see if they're worth it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for fitness clases etc apart from fitness first/california wow?

Thanks in advance.

I think that's way too much, especially if it's for a one-year contract.

You definitely shouldn't pay joining fee and admin fee, and I've never heard of the mandatory personal trainer!

And the monthly fee is also too much, unless you only pay month by month and not have to commit to a one-year contract.

It's a money earner, nothing more. The/your key is motivation, no more, no less. You can pay your hard earned to hear a guy say, ''WOW, you did great today''. You go home happy, but look in the mirror and nooooo difference. BEST thing is a buddy to shout in your ear that your a girl (sorry ladies) and try harder. BUT, it depends what you want, stay fit, which doesn't require paying someone, or getting big w00t.gif , you can do it.

I am a senior bah.gif (old guy), that goes to a Thai Sports Uni gym, costs 50bht a visit and they have everything. I get respect from the young Thais cos as an oldy do serious stuff for my age, just wish my face matched my body. laugh.png

It's a money earner, nothing more. The/your key is motivation, no more, no less. You can pay your hard earned to hear a guy say, ''WOW, you did great today''. You go home happy, but look in the mirror and nooooo difference. BEST thing is a buddy to shout in your ear that your a girl (sorry ladies) and try harder. BUT, it depends what you want, stay fit, which doesn't require paying someone, or getting big w00t.gif , you can do it.

I am a senior bah.gif (old guy), that goes to a Thai Sports Uni gym, costs 50bht a visit and they have everything. I get respect from the young Thais cos as an oldy do serious stuff for my age, just wish my face matched my body. laugh.png

Well... plastic surgeon can re-attach a penis, i am sure they can do something with your face to match the bodytongue.png

On a more serious note, yes it is motivational, BUT if you have personal trainer who achieved real results, it can also be very educational, because pro's can write great diet program, show certain exercise which work on certain body parts, correct your form so you do not injure yourself etc etc etc.

Saying that, i do not think there are too many pro's working in gyms in Thailand. A few i met, had no idea what "rear delts" were