Is It Just Me Or Is The Noise In Massage Shops Getting Worse?

cathy211

Nor the fella groaning in the booth next door. Or two mates having a chat between booths. Two good reasons not to frequent this type of place. As I get older my tolerance gets less. So I choose not to use places like these. Ambiance and a bloody good massage is what I look for. But each to their own.

I go to to a real maw nuat and the massage is most excellent and healing. However all the massage students come in for tips and they chat during the whole massage.I am sure it is boring doing massage for hours at a time and hard work, but the price is quite cheap for the quality of the massage, so I put up with it - but it does get on my nerves.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever found a masseuse who does house calls? All shops on soi Buakow charge 100 baht. The girl gets 50%. If I were to offer 100 baht, do you think I would get many qualified takers from an advert?

*I'm in a relationship now with a masseuse so I'm getting them free and at home. However, my relationships here don't last too long...whistling.gif

To me, the words tranquil and massage go together.

There's one shop near the corner of soi 15 and Buakow which I've been a long time customer. I had a great relationship with the Thai owner who ran a tight ship. The girls were extremely respectful (fearful ?) around her and you could hear a pin drop day or night.

The owner sold to one of the girls and sadly now it's a case of the inmates running the asylum. I won't go in there unless I have my Ipod or I simply cannot relax due to the inane chatter. It's weird to me because it's not beyond the wit of man that massage = relax but to the bored girls and some customers, it's a time to ham it up. Now I see the lips moving but hear none of it "Somying, did you eat your papaya salad yet?" etc.

Has anyone ever found a masseuse who does house calls? All shops on soi Buakow charge 100 baht. The girl gets 50%. If I were to offer 100 baht, do you think I would get many qualified takers from an advert?

*I'm in a relationship now with a masseuse so I'm getting them free and at home. However, my relationships here don't last too long...whistling.gif

The home massages shouldn't last too long anyway. I reckon you're doing well getting her to massage you at home.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

To me, the words tranquil and massage go together.

There's one shop near the corner of soi 15 and Buakow which I've been a long time customer. I had a great relationship with the Thai owner who ran a tight ship. The girls were extremely respectful (fearful ?) around her and you could hear a pin drop day or night.

The owner sold to one of the girls and sadly now it's a case of the inmates running the asylum. I won't go in there unless I have my Ipod or I simply cannot relax due to the inane chatter. It's weird to me because it's not beyond the wit of man that massage = relax but to the bored girls and some customers, it's a time to ham it up. Now I see the lips moving but hear none of it "Somying, did you eat your papaya salad yet?" etc.

It's Mind over matter. They don't mind and you don't matter.

• Like 1

I'd like to go for a relaxing foot massage but all the ones I go to end up having chatter in them, so I refuse to go. The few foot massages I have had would be quiet until a customer and his/her friend also comes in or the workers are talking to each other. With all the massage shops in Pattaya competing with each other, an owner in order to get more customers would have a sign which said, "Quiet, relaxing massage. No one talking in room..." (and impliment it)

• Like 1

I went two times, and i was alone, and the girl second time was really sweet and cute, we talk all the time, she wanted upgrade of course, but who cares

go for oil massage, you will forget anybody talking around you

Edited by radiola

It's a matter of where you go... a Thai friend of mine is owner of several shops around Pattaya and her girls now very well that not only are they not allowed to chat with each other (or the customers) when their are other customers around, furthermore they also know how fast they are on their way out if they don't follow the rules...

and just to say... no moaning and groaning in the shop, as no "extras" are offered...

It's a matter of where you go... a Thai friend of mine is owner of several shops around Pattaya and her girls now very well that not only are they not allowed to chat with each other (or the customers) when their are other customers around, furthermore they also know how fast they are on their way out if they don't follow the rules...

and just to say... no moaning and groaning in the shop, as no "extras" are offered...

Would you please recommend these shops? Sounds amazing. Thank you.