Thaksin Back In UK, Eyeing US

Lite Beer

Obama will NOT meet Thaksin with his current legal status. You can bank on that.

Thaksin calls up Mr O; says "heh, you know that seat you had trouble with last time, well I am thinking about starting a business there employing 20,000 people. Would you care to meet up and have a chat about it?"

Obama would felate him if he thought it would win him votes. All US politicians would.

more dribble ... u need a tissue

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obama will NOT meet Thaksin with his current legal status. You can bank on that.

Thaksin calls up Mr O; says "heh, you know that seat you had trouble with last time, well I am thinking about starting a business there employing 20,000 people. Would you care to meet up and have a chat about it?"

Obama would felate him if he thought it would win him votes. All US politicians would.

more dribble ... u need a tissue

Care to construct a counter argument, or are you actually agreeing with me by reverting to school playground behaviour?

He has no chance of ever entering the USA. They know who he is.

Perhaps. But denying him entry would be a diplomatic statement considering the reality of who is the PM of Thailand at the moment. That's why I say if he does enter the U.S. he might as well book a direct flight to Thailand.

Knowing how corrupt the current government in the US (my home country) is I don't think they would bat an eye. Obama might even bow to him like he does to leaders of other governments.

And not forget the big companies with their lobbyists. Weapons, Airplanes, Oil/Gas, Pharma Industry....etc, etc.

And he is alone able to sign or cut a deal. Even a honest government would have a problem explaining why they don't want the orders and jobs it creates.

• Like 2

You can pontificate all you want, but the facts remain, Obama will never meet with Thaksin as long as his legal problems remain active in Thailand. That is so obvious it isn't even debatable.

How can a prediction for the future be a fact? Surely something can only be a fact once it has happened or not happened up until that point in time?

My understanding that Thaksin was banned from the US. should he arrogantly show up he may be arrested by Homeland Security. that could be his plan, get arrested, by extradited to Thailand and then pardoned by his courts. On the other hand, I do believe Thaksin has a bit of a terrorist background and the power of the NDAA could backfire in his face. Somebody with his background going to the US to rally the people for his political gain could be dangerous, let's hope he goes for it. The US is pretty well known for stabbing "friends" and "businesses acquaintances" in the back.

Noppadon Pattama, former foreign minister who also acts as Thaksin's legal adviser, said the fugitive former PM...

I wager he doesn't call him "fugitive", nor even FF-PM for short...

cool.png

Never mind what term he uses, it's impressive he gets any words out with his head so far up his master's backside.

Perhaps. But denying him entry would be a diplomatic statement considering the reality of who is the PM of Thailand at the moment. That's why I say if he does enter the U.S. he might as well book a direct flight to Thailand.

Knowing how corrupt the current government in the US (my home country) is I don't think they would bat an eye. Obama might even bow to him like he does to leaders of other governments.

how corrupt is the current US government, let's say, in comparison to the previous US government?

Sorry, maybe it`s in the 4 pages writtern so far and I simply havn`t seen it but why has he not returned until now??

Why now that his sister is in power? Maybe he wasn`t allowed to enter while Thailand was being run by the previous government because the UK government were worried he would claim political asylum or something like that...

He didn't have a Thai government passport until his sister gave him one.

So previously he would have had to apply for a visa to visit the UK which might possibly have been refused.

Those holding a Thai Government Passport can visit any country in the west without a visa.

Note: The Thai government passport is not a diplomatic passport, but it's also not the passport normal Thais receive.

I didn't know there was 3 levels of Thai passports - Diplomatic, Gov't and normal Thai.

Are u sure about that ?

The Democrat MP said he believed that during her 35-minute meeting with Prem, the prime minister offered an apology on behalf of Thaksin, who had previously attacked Prem and accused him of being behind the 2006 coup that overthrew his government.

Gossip central : The Nation reports what A Dem MP "thinks" the current PM told the head of the privy council on behalf of Thaksin during their meeting ...

Does The Nation think we are to (1) believe this, (2) take this seriously, (3) consider it to be "news", or (4) just repeat it as if it were true (quack, quack)...

You can pontificate all you want, but the facts remain, Obama will never meet with Thaksin as long as his legal problems remain active in Thailand. That is so obvious it isn't even debatable.

How can a prediction for the future be a fact? Surely something can only be a fact once it has happened or not happened up until that point in time?

I also predict Obama will not go on national television and announce he was actually born in Kenya. FACT. Answered?

I didn't know there was 3 levels of Thai passports - Diplomatic, Gov't and normal Thai.

Are u sure about that ?

100%, a Thai friend just went on holiday to UK and Greece with one, no visa required.

Sorry, so, yr thai friend is a Gov't official ?

I also predict Obama will not go on national television and announce he was actually born in Kenya. FACT. Answered?

No, because he was not born in Kenya, so therefore it is a fact unless he is prone to be a liar. However, what if he is on the Leno show or what ever it is, and Leno makes a joke about that, and he, getting into the light hearted chat says "Yup, I can confirm I was born in Kenya".

So no, it is not answered.

I would say though that if the next election was close to the wire, and Thaksins money could help swing it for him he would take it in a heartbeat and proclaim Thaksin was convicted for political motives, and that even the "US ambassador there told us that...."

Again, you're tripping. There is NO way that is going to happen. Period. Bet the house.

This is sounding more like a way to diss Obama. No president would get involved in a situation like this. It's diplomatic insanity.

Edited by Jingthing

The Democrat MP said he believed that during her 35-minute meeting with Prem, the prime minister offered an apology on behalf of Thaksin, who had previously attacked Prem and accused him of being behind the 2006 coup that overthrew his government.

Gossip central : The Nation reports what A Dem MP "thinks" the current PM told the head of the privy council on behalf of Thaksin during their meeting ...

Does The Nation think we are to (1) believe this, (2) take this seriously, (3) consider it to be "news", or (4) just repeat it as if it were true (quack, quack)...

Of course there are many other things for which Thaksin could be apologising - his venality and corruption, his lack of morals, his indifference to the suffering of others.

Unfortunately in the mind of the psychopathic successful businessman these are seen as positive personality traits. Certainly not something requiring apology.

• Like 1

No civilised country would receive him.It was always of course complete nonsense, and in practice Thaksin travelled where he liked.

And of course, over the course of the past 5 years, it's only because he's just never "liked" to visit the UK, where he has property and business interests, that he's not returned in that span of time.

rolleyes.gif

No idea.He was certainly denied a re-entry visa by the UK at one point for reasons that were never made clear.

However since you were the foremost proponent of the case on this forum that he was only welcome in dumps like the Congo, Guinea-Bissau and Liberia a period of quiet reflection might be in order before exposing yourself to further humiliation.

You're lying as I never said he only welcome in those places, let alone was "the foremost proponent" of that.

What I have highlighted are the places he has gone... like Zimbabwe and Uganda.

The humiliation is yours in your ridiculous claim that for the past 5 years he's been welcome to go wherever "he liked," but oddly he's never "liked" to go to the UK in all that time.... explaining the gaping hole in your claim with a "no idea" why.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Again, you're tripping. There is NO way that is going to happen. Period. Bet the house.

This is sounding more like a way to diss Obama. No president would get involved in a situation like this. It's diplomatic insanity.

Really? So One member of a family launches an attack on New York. Nek minit, his family are flown out of dodge city with clearance from a president? Sound familiar?

And no, it's not about Obama, because I don't care about the US. It's not about Thaksin because I don't care about him. I am just responding to things that I do not find plausible.

Of course there are many other things for which Thaksin could be apologising - his venality and corruption, his lack of morals, his indifference to the suffering of others.

Unfortunately in the mind of the psychopathic successful businessman these are seen as positive personality traits. Certainly not something requiring apology.

I thought all the points you list are part of the job description for all Thai politicians, police, army, school head teachers, administrators within any thai business.... you name it.

The only reason some people don't like the little prick is because he was massively more successful at being a crook then all the other ones. It's pure jealousy. Nothing more.

Wonderful headline editing there.

Thaksin back in UK, eyeing US
"He will travel more frequently between London and Dubai. He feels comfortable while in England. He has a house in London and the city is a centre of the world's news and information. He is likely to travel more often to England but he will mainly live in Dubai, where people can meet him more conveniently," he said.
Asked if Thaksin had a plan to travel to the US, Noppadon said there was no clear plan. "But in the future, it is possible. He wants to go to every place that he used to go. After a positive political change, he wants to meet Thai people there," he said.

"Oh will he go? Uh, maybe, I dunno - I guess he'd consider it."

Stupid writing like this is why I've been told from time to time by yellow shirt types that Thaksin is hiding in the US who want to know why I and my government support him. Imagine how much more ridiculous the Thai Rath and Manager headlines are. THAKSIN TAKES REFUGE IN US, GUEST OF OBAMA.

Could you link us to those headlines please?

oh sure, so IF i was a politician all good then eh ... sure

Apparently it is. As I said, I am not saying it is right or wrong. Mandela was a convict after all.

Thaksin and Nelson are kindred spirits.... according to Thaksin.

Thaksin likens himself to Nelson Mandela

(Reuters interview Nov 11 2008)

-Thaksin likened his struggle to that of South African freedom fighter and statesman Nelson Mandela.

• Like 1

Really? So One member of a family launches an attack on New York. Nek minit, his family are flown out of dodge city with clearance from a president? Sound familiar?

And no, it's not about Obama, because I don't care about the US. It's not about Thaksin because I don't care about him. I am just responding to things that I do not find plausible.

They are completely unrelated situations. Those Saudi family members were not in trouble criminally in Saudi Arabia.

Posted A minute ago

The question is does Thaksin have his diplomatic passport back? It does not matter who you are or how much cash you have, a Thai still needs to jump through certain hoops to get their visa from the embassy. Me thinks he has just swanned in on a diplomatic passport. Now who gave him that??

I was just thinking the same

He already has a Nicaraguan diplomatic passport and an Ugandan diplomatic passport he could use.

how corrupt is the current US government, let's say, in comparison to the previous US government?

Probably best suited for that to be asked on usavisa.com/forum

It would have been very easy enough for her to preclude any speculation on their mutual discussion on the topic of "culture" if not for....

So a meeting with Prem was requested as Prem was a senior respected figure in the country and a former prime minister with extensive political experience. And they talked about culture?

No sale, lady.

and with their discussion on the topic of culture being of such great importance that the need for secrecy was paramount...

Security was tight and members of the press from both local and foreign news agencies were barred from recording the meeting.

http://www.thailando...?DataID=1054481

Posted A minute ago

The question is does Thaksin have his diplomatic passport back? It does not matter who you are or how much cash you have, a Thai still needs to jump through certain hoops to get their visa from the embassy. Me thinks he has just swanned in on a diplomatic passport. Now who gave him that??

He already has a Nicaraguan diplomatic passport and an Ugandan diplomatic passport he could use.

Please pay attention, I already answered tis question.

He is using a Thai government passport, not diplomatic but no visa hoops to jump through.

Posted A minute ago

Please pay attention, I already answered tis question.

He is using a Thai government passport, not diplomatic but no visa hoops to jump through.

blink.png

How is it that you know exactly which of his 4 passports (Montenegrin being the other) he used or will use to enter the UK?

As a separate but related issue, has there actually been any confirmation from a source, other than Noppadon, that he actually did enter the UK on Friday?

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in the United Kingdom on Friday night and would stay in that country for about a week, his spokesman said yesterday.

I would have thought his PR machine would be pouring out photos and news of such an event from the git go and I've not seen any.... except this Noppadon assertion.

It would be out of character for him if he had entered and maintained such a low profile.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1