Are The Russians Getting A Free Ride.....

CiaranO

Firstly this is my first post on Thai Visa. I have been reading for a while now and really enjoy the topics of discussion and the general banter between members. I moved to Phuket about 6 months and I am currently working full time for a large hotel chain teaching English. Today I happened to finish my lesson early and when this happens I normally go down to reception to watch the staff in action using there new language skills. At just after 6pm a bus full of Russian tourists pulled up and they all disembarked the bus to check in to the hotel. This is not unusual at all but as I watched closer something struck me. The only person Thai on the bus was the driver.....The tour guide was and assistant where both farangs....and Im guessing Russian.... because of the language used. My point is I have read countless stories on here of genuine people doing a hard days work and running a legitimate business being harassed by immigration constantly and from my understanding and reading this situation of only farangs being on board the bus is completely illegal............where are immigration police cracking down on these guys. Do either of these people have work permits to be doing this type of work....the answer I would think is no...as this activity clearly comes under the occupations foreign people cannot work in. It just annoys me that people get away with this.....when so many of us have to bend over backwards to live a legitimate life and keep our papers in order.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I kindly suggest the next time you find yourself with some free time from 'teaching' you brush up on your English spelling.whistling.gif

May I kindly suggest the next time you find yourself with some free time from 'teaching' you brush up on your English spelling.whistling.gif

Who me ? w00t.gif Must admit l failed English, and I'm English. laugh.png .

• Like 1

Well 4 posts in and the English Nazi's kick off well done thumbsup.gif

To the OP, if you feel so strongly about this issue may I humbly suggest you do your civic duty and report these despicable criminals to immigration and DOL without delay, if you are not prepared to do this and they are not affecting you personally...stop bleating....biggrin.png

It just annoys me that people get away with this.....when so many of us have to bend over backwards to live a legitimate life and keep our papers in order.

This attitude has no place in Thailand IMHO. Do you constantly walk around pissed off, thinking "Why is that guy not wearing a crash helmet?", "Why is that store selling alcohol during prohibited hours?", "Why is this shop willing waive VAT"...

If you wanted Big Brother nanny state constantly crawling up everyone's ass...might be best to board a plane.

You have chosen the security of doing things the right way; others haven't... you made your choice, they made theirs.

No need to be so flippant. The guy has a point the Russians are running ragged the immigration and business laws. I see it daily in Pattaya, but nothing will happen because as we all know. Money talks!

To the OP, if you feel so strongly about this issue may I humbly suggest you do your civic duty and report these despicable criminals to immigration and DOL without delay, if you are not prepared to do this and they are not affecting you personally...stop bleating....biggrin.png

I can think still quicker than I can type so speeling sometimes happens! Rules bend here same as anywhere else but you know I to wonder where did all those Russians suddenly come from? 3 or 4 years ago I dont remember them!

The OP is moaning about immigration "cracking down on these guys". Maybe it's time they started "cracking down" on these so-called 'teachers' smile.png

• Like 1

No need to be so flippant. The guy has a point the Russians are running ragged the immigration and business laws. I see it daily in Pattaya, but nothing will happen because as we all know. Money talks!

He's not just "pointing it out", he's stating that it "annoys him"...and I'm saying that how someone else conducts their own personal matters, which have absolutely no affect on the OP, are none of his business and certainly nothing for him to be "annoyed" about.

• Like 1

Interesting posts so far.....lovelaos...my spelling ????????? If my spelling is not 100% my apologies and as for paragraphing well its not so easy while on the staff bus and a blackberry in hand. Its amazing that people cant come on here and have a conversation about a topic. If you don't have anything interesting to say well then don't.........

I was merely making a point that crosses many peoples minds. Its terrible to think because I have an opinion about something I should get back on the plane and go home. Are opinions not allowed in LOS or on the forum??????

• Like 2

If he's going to go on a public forum and announce that he's an English teacher, he should at least show some mastery of the language.thumbsup.gif

But you know as well as I do that they are not real teachers, more like play play ones

Interesting posts so far.....lovelaos...my spelling ????????? If my spelling is not 100% my apologies and as for paragraphing well its not so easy while on the staff bus and a blackberry in hand. Its amazing that people cant come on here and have a conversation about a topic. If you don't have anything interesting to say well then don't.........

I was merely making a point that crosses many peoples minds. Its terrible to think because I have an opinion about something I should get back on the plane and go home. Are opinions not allowed in LOS or on the forum??????

Ignore the Good English police, they are actually breaking a forum rule by bringing up your misspelling.

Lovelaos you're a very naughty boy mellow.png

Feel free to state any opinion you like, don't let facts get in the way of a good opinion. Just let it all out and we'll all have a good fight about it then go get a beer and fulminate about things. drunk.gif

Welcome to Thaivisa welcomeani.gif

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

Its terrible to think because I have an opinion about something I should get back on the plane and go home. Are opinions not allowed in LOS or on the forum??????

I'm just saying you might enjoy it more in a country where you can spend all day grassing your neighbors in for not paying their TV license.

• Like 1

He's not just "pointing it out", he's stating that it "annoys him"...and I'm saying that how someone else conducts their own personal matters, which have absolutely no affect on the OP, are none of his business and certainly nothing for him to be "annoyed" about.

It also annoys me when I am walking on Jomtien beach road and I am approached by a Russian tout offering me a tour. I bet that it annoys the legitimate Thais more than me or the OP.

Its terrible to think because I have an opinion about something I should get back on the plane and go home. Are opinions not allowed in LOS or on the forum??????

I'm just saying you might enjoy it more in a country where you can spend all day grassing your neighbors in for not paying their TV license.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Low blow.

I love it. biggrin.png

It also annoys me when I am walking on Jomtien beach road and I am approached by a Russian tout offering me a tour. I bet that it annoys the legitimate Thais more than me or the OP.

Why does it annoy you more if the tout is Russian? Russian tout, Thai tout, Nigerian tout...makes no difference to me...

I did that........got bored of it..........do they have TV licenses here???????

and if so........do you have yours?????

Why do you assume it will not or does not affect him ?

Organized shit eventually affects us all in some way or another.

Ignore the Good English police, they are actually breaking a forum rule by bringing up your misspelling.

Lovelaos you're a very naughty boy mellow.png

Feel free to state any opinion you like, don't let facts get in the way of a good opinion. Just let it all out and we'll all have a good fight about it then go get a beer and fulminate about things. drunk.gif

Welcome to Thaivisa welcomeani.gif

and Thank you SIr......
  • Like 1

If you think about this more.....there is something that we are all missing.....there will come a point when the Thai's get fed up with the Russians and some of there shady dealings as stated by a few posters.........what will happen then ?

If you think about this more.....there is something that we are all missing.....there will come a point when the Thai's get fed up with the Russians and some of there shady dealings as stated by a few posters.........what will happen then ?

Nooooooooooooo, LOS is full of shady dealings, that's the way it is, and strangely, it's OK. Doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. smile.png

As long as the cash flows in the right amounts, Thai's will never get fed up with the Russians

• Like 1

I guess the OP has passed the test and showed he does have a sense of humour, he has managed 24 posts without splitting the dummy.

OP are you Irish by any chance ?...if you are, dont carry balloons on the BTS in BKK...thumbsup.gif

yes I am ........ and no i will stay away from balloons I reckon........they're bloody dangerous....