Do You Really Care...?

HeavyDrinker

And as for the 'likes' system ....... most people find it gratifying to get one of those!

I "liked" your post to gratify you

Yet you won't lend a fiver or give a hug. You emotionally backward cheapskate. rolleyes.gifwink.png

For a tenner ask me what I'd do for you ... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a couple of topic matters, I like to think that people find me informative.

Other than that, don't really give two hoots, to paraphrase a former BKK post entertainment writer (who I didn't rate too much as it so happens).

By your own measure, rate as you will but if you discount the opinions of others why bother expressing an opinion of your own.

I myself don't buy the udea of people not being bothered about the opinion oyhers have of them.

There's far too much evidence to the comtrary in the words and deeds of everyone here on TV and in the people around us.

Every single person on the planet has a self image - I've never ever met anyone who is not affected by when others critcise or question that self image.

To be honest, I read the OP as caring very much how others see him, only wishing he did not.

I certainly don't care when people *don't* like me, and I wouldn't modify the thoughts I express. The occasional acknowledgement that my wacko ideas sometimes makes sense is appreciated, but best of all is when someone challenges my premises, engages in thoughtful rational debate and both of us learn something from the experience.

Other than that, don't really give two hoots, to paraphrase a former BKK post entertainment writer (who I didn't rate too much as it so happens).

By your own measure, rate as you will but if you discount the opinions of others why bother expressing an opinion of your own.

I myself don't buy the udea of people not being bothered about the opinion oyhers have of them.

There's far too much evidence to the comtrary in the words and deeds of everyone here on TV and in the people around us.

Every single person on the planet has a self image - I've never ever met anyone who is not affected by when others critcise or question that self image.

To be honest, I read the OP as caring very much how others see him, only wishing he did not.

yeah, but this is an online forum..

In the real world, yeah sure, we care about our self image. I'd be the first to admit that.

Online, a bit different. I won't lose sleep over an insult someone has made at me, and over the years, there have been a few, especially when I used to be a mod.

Differences of opinion happen, but I don't lose sleep over them either. I do like to engage in a good discussion though, and will think about a thoughtful reply if one can be given.

Having said that, have I just contradicted my self in 'not giving two hoots' by replying to you??? 555

Edited by samran

There is no need to prove myself.

But yes, I do give a F. I give a F about other people, I hope other people give a F about me.

I don't interfere with other peoples lives and I don't expect others to interfere with mine, but a I do give a F. I give a big F because I like and generally care about and have a good feeling for others. I give a F and I would stop to help someone in genuine need, I will also respond positively to a genuine and well written thread on TV.Com; a website which I believe brings useful information and benefit of some form to my life.

I give a F about a lot of things, if I didn't I would not be part of humanity, instead I'd be an arrogant observer judging life itself. So Yes, I do give a F, and so should everyone....

What does the F stand for?

Fiver

"Lend us a fiver."

"As I am a reasonable guy, I am willing to consider your request if you provide me with further information.

As I am an empathetic guy, I understand that sometimes people have cash-flow issues.

As I am a generous guy, I often lend or give money to those in need.

However, as I am an honest guy, I can't promise anything."

Is that a no then ?

You're beginning to learn about face, aren't you?

I sometimes feel guilty about accidentally offending people on this forum.

Sometimes I consciously amend my behaviour to suit my own self-image, so that others may share it.

SC

I give a F about a lot of things, if I didn't I would not be part of humanity, instead I'd be an arrogant observer judging life itself. So Yes, I do give a F, and so should everyone....

The question wasn't "do you care about other people" it was "do you care about what they think about you". Big difference.

I care about many things, including the well-being of other people, but what they think about me is of no concern to me whatsoever. I know that my karma is fine and that's all that matters.

Pretty much everyone thinks their karma is fine...

I am what I am. I am who I am. I have my faults as do you.

I do NOT have to prove myself to anyone as long as I am happy within myself and with my conscience.

Do I really care how others see me? Not really. Take me as I am - or not. I cannot change now.

• Like 1

Remember, judging people isn't good. People who judge people are very small-minded. So why care about what judgmental people think of you?

Also, people can think what they want. People who think in a judging way don't just judge one person, they probably judge everyone in some way. It's not your problem if someone judges you. It's theirs.

Also, remember, that you are not the only one that might be afraid of what others think of you. There are loads of people, who mostly think about themselves, and just...don't care about you.

If people try to put you down, ignore them. Make comments in your mind to yourself to perk you up. Don't look like you notice them either, or they'll know you're afraid.

If someone is spreading rumors, they aren't your friend, and neither is any one that believes them.

If someone is going to be mean and call you names and try to make you someone you aren't they are not worth being friends with.

By being yourself, you will get a lot of people who are either jealous, or genuinely think you're stupid, which is why it's important to not care what others think of you in the first place. So you can be yourself and not worry about what anyone else thinks.

The older you get the more you will realize a lot of people in this world do not deserve your investment, and you will only last a moment on their mind before they forget about who you are. So do yourself a favor, let them go. Don't take anything personally, whether it's a compliment or judgment because you have your path to go and they have theirs wai.gif

How right you are. smile.png

I have to agree 100 %.

Personally i have a great esteem of people who think highly of me whistling.gif

But i try to be honest and accept the criticism, in fact a true friend is not afraid to criticize you.

And as for the 'likes' system ....... most people find it gratifying to get one of those!

I enjoy a different type of gratification, can you lend me a hand here? whistling.gif

Despite my desire to be regarded as reasonable, empathetic and generous, I must be honest and say GO F YOURSELF (and F does not stand for fiver)

I enjoy a different type of gratification, can you lend me a hand here? whistling.gif

Despite my desire to be regarded as reasonable, empathetic and generous, I must be honest and say GO F YOURSELF (and F does not stand for fiver)

Would if I could biggrin.png

"Lend us a fiver."

"As I am a reasonable guy, I am willing to consider your request if you provide me with further information.

As I am an empathetic guy, I understand that sometimes people have cash-flow issues.

Is that a no then ?

Sometimes I consciously amend my behaviour to suit my own self-image, so that others may share it.

SC

Face....book ? Can you explain that bloody timeline thing please ?

"Lend us a fiver."

Is that a no then ?

SC

Face....book ? Can you explain that bloody timeline thing please ?

That's easy, it's an attempt by Facebook to p*ss off everyone over 30 years of age by making it hard for us to find any content we are interested in, and while we are spending ages looking for it there they are raping our personal details so they can sell us the " One magic secret to losing weight " blah blah.

I hate Timeline. Basically stopped using FB now.

• Like 1

I care enough to think that you have recently experienced an emotional trauma that triggered your post. I have a Phd. in ET, not that it makes any difference, but I wish you well, truly

What a pair of old fogeys. I've got a 27 year old cousin who moaned like you pair and he got the same treatment.

OLD FOGEYS!!

laugh.png

This is probably true.

I concur, but I still hate timeline, so nah nah nah nah nah.

once you have children you realize that family is all that matters. you will gain greater love and appreciation for your own parents. friends become fewer and fewer. giving a f what people think goes out the window. sure, we still try to be polite and friendly but the general ego play now appears silly and childish.

Not a very well thought out answer, but what do you expect from someone who calls themselves "farang?"

1st, if having a family causes you to not to care what people think, does that mean your family are not people? Or does it mean you don't care what your family thinks (if they are people).

If you'r daughter is upset that kids are making fun of her etc., does that mean you don't care? Will you tell your 7 year old daughter "I don't care what people say about you?"

Everyone cares what people think about them to some degree. Remember the serenity prayer...change the things you can and accept the things you can't, and have the wisdom to know the difference!

Edited by Kilgore Trout