Rent For A Week Or Two?

n00b

I would like to rent an apartment for a week or two for any time in the period between now and the 21st of May in Central/South Pattaya or Jomtien Beach area. This is mainly because I have been in Thailand for six weeks now and I am tired of leaving the room every time we go eat and the complete lack of good pizzas in Thailand. I am craving a good pizza like nothing else right now so I need a place with an oven, not just a microwave which seems to be the standard everywhere I look online. Budget is up to 7000 a week.

Many good apartments available for 7000 THB a week, but the problem will be the oven as they mostly stock a simple Microwave.

Alternative could be, why not rent a Hotel Room and buy a cheap oven, and after you leave give it to the chamber maid.

Edited by MJCM

I have been looking at apartments all day. Never mind the oven. I gave up, it seems they are non existent in Thailand.

I settled on a 600/night+ electricity (50-150?) studio apartment with a kitchen, lcd tv and a decent microwave. But I have no ambition of making any decent food in that microwave. They are useless for making good food. My girl can cook Thai food but I need good western food, especially pizza. I am so tired of soups and anything that involves rice.

Next quest. Where can I order a good base pizza? I just want to order the best cheese pizza with nothing else on as I will put the toppings on myself. I am craving pizza with beef slices, black olives and jalapeños. Not the super thin Italian style where the slices can't be held and everything falls off when you try.

I found two of the three ingredients in NY Pizza House but they lacked beef and did not know what garlic sauce was (they came with some blank sauce). Also their pizza was sweaty and soft under and when I asked for the extra cheese to be put on top of the toppings they just filled the top with parmesan(!). Apart from that they have the best pizza I have eaten so far in Asia.

Don't give up on the oven. Try one of these ovens.

1000 baht at Big C, in North Pattaya.

It's a convection oven with a built in fan. One of the best things that I have purchased here.

It is supplied with a couple of racks of varying heights and has temperature settings from 100 to 250 degrees Celsius and a timer.

We now have crisp and fluffy croissant in the mornings, crispy chicken and/or honey baked ribs that we may have purchased the night before, cakes....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on the ovens. Will have a look at it next time I'm in Thailand, going back in September. Will rent for three months in one place then. Right now I am already settled in an apartment in View Talay 2A. It's okay. I can manage without good pizza until I get home.

Thanks for the info on the ovens. Will have a look at it next time I'm in Thailand, going back in September. Will rent for three months in one place then. Right now I am already settled in an apartment in View Talay 2A. It's okay. I can manage without good pizza until I get home.

Your a 2 minute walk from La Bocca , best Pizza in Pattaya IMHO