Ambiguous Pronouncement

vreemd13

Several weeks ago a thai friend since 4years tell me next: "You are a thai-farang".

He explained to me (briefly):

1.) Farang:

a.) are expected to support the family financially

b.) but it is OK not doing this

2.) Thai:

a.) same as 1.a.)

b.) same as 1.b.)

same-same, but why different?

Have you ever experienced another such an ambiguous talk?

I think I'll take the dog for a walk, or should I let him go on his own.

This topic is far too exciting to take the dog out. Let him go out alone and find a lady soi dog while you watch this stimulating topic.

At least the dog would be happy ;)

I think I'll take the dog for a walk, or should I let him go on his own.

This topic is far too exciting to take the dog out. Let him go out alone and find a lady soi dog while you watch this stimulating topic.

At least the dog would be happy wink.png

Unlike this place, my dog has no nuts. ;)

• Like 1

I understood it......I have felt the same OP

I trust you were both consenting,I too feel of the land of thefree when sufficienly merry,then I see the stuffed bill and all thelocals who have charged me double price and realize I stick out like a Suckling Pig to be roasted at the Bar Mitzvah.

• Like 1

Farang are expected to support the family financially but it's okay not to do so.

Thais are expected to support the family financially but it is okay not to do so.

If the farang does not support the family financially then the wife loses face and the farang will lose his life as soon as the insurance policy comes through.,

If the Thai does not support the family nobody bats an eyelid cos there is no shock there.

So same same effect, totally different result.

So I think your pal was marking your card that you better start supporting the family or your getting it.

Just saying. smile.png

Pass me The Times crossword Mildred, I'm on fire here whistling.gif

the only thing i can make out from your post is you seem to possess the local talent for moving the air in the vicinity of your mouth without actually saying anything of import.

Thainess absorption.

OP - I think your friend was trying to tell you that it is now OK for you to:

i) stay in the outside lane, even though you are driving more slowly than everyone else

ii) double park outside the 7-11, even though there are parking spaces just 15m walk away, and

iii loiter at the bottom of the escalator whilst you finish your conversation,

iv) etc.

Now you are Thai-Ferang.

Actually, this is what Mrs Chickenslegs calls me whenever I squeeze the SUV into a Mini-size parking space next to the doors at Tesco, rather than parking in a decent size space and walking 50 metres.

Edited by chickenslegs

the only thing i can make out from your post is you seem to possess the local talent for moving the air in the vicinity of your mouth without actually saying anything of import.

I very like these wise words ....

Farang are expected to support the family financially but it's okay not to do so.

Thais are expected to support the family financially but it is okay not to do so.

If the farang does not support the family financially then the wife loses face and the farang will lose his life as soon as the insurance policy comes through.,

If the Thai does not support the family nobody bats an eyelid cos there is no shock there.

So same same effect, totally different result.

So I think your pal was marking your card that you better start supporting the family or your getting it.

Thanks for the warning, I have NOT thought about it that way

Edited by vreemd13

Some con artist is trying to hand him a bunch of BS about he is actually part "Thai", because he keeps paying their bills?

Yes, that is the ambiguity!

Thai BS story & I am not paying the bill (that is probably 'blether' give me a 'true' warning????)

Edited by vreemd13