Snail Mail,

phomsanuk

Lots of letters seem to go missing.

Some time ago, I sent a number of parcels via domestic post to the same address. Despite each individual parcel being paid for, the Thai post would not deliver to the addressee, they just delivered a note instructing that they should be collected from the main office. Very inconvenient and it wasn't a case of them being unable to deliver because the recipient was at home at the time. Also a number of arcels looked like the staff had been playing football with them, a lot of breakages

This subject has been done to death on numerous occasions. For my own part I've never lost anything either coming into this country or going out and any delays have usually been in the 'other' country. I think Thailand post is cheap and a very good service.

This subject has been done to death on numerous occasions. For my own part I've never lost anything either coming into this country or going out and any delays have usually been in the 'other' country. I think Thailand post is cheap and a very good service.

Agree entirely farbetter than UK Royal Mail that still havent repaid 500 pounds worth stolen(insidejo)at heir Birmingham sorting ofice despite endles Police reports etc.I regularly post toEurop eandOz and chaep efficient service.If sending passports vsas etc can use EMS service with a tracking number.I do not think I would use for jewellry or breakables but nor would I use other agnets.If sufficiently irreplaceable or uninsureable a courier or hand delivery can be used pm fr details

I used to think it was dependable as I had bought quite a few watches from Ebay and all arrived without a problem. However, a month ago I bought three MP3 players, a flash drive, batteries for my car remote, earphones, and a memory card, all from different sellers and from different locations, the UK, HongKong, and China. NONE of these items have arrived. The watches I'd received previously had to be signed for, no signature required for the items I didn't receive. Where these items disappeared is anyone's guess, the sorting dept., the postman, who knows? I must admit I'm not quite so confident with Thai Post any longer.

thai post is good for international posting...using EMS never a problem...and friendly folks at the local post office...

got a wristwatch delivered from amazon.com with no hassles except for customs tax paid at the counter...thb1000 on a USD200 declared parcel...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Got fed up of having mail missing, so I tried to send a letter to my self, 5km away from my house

Took 12 days to travel 5 kms rolleyes.gif

So I'm not the only one. I haven't seen a postman in our village (over 50 houses) in more than two weeks. Surely someone would have had mail in that time?

i have 3-4 items ordered from ebay in various countries around 3 weeks ago

i can only presume there is a huge back log somewhere because all the accumulated mail

over songkran must be stacked up somewhere.........

There still on catch up from the floods. biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Every time i send a birthday card from the UK or Belgium it never arrives to the person in Thailand. I have sent documents and they arrive very fast.

i have 3-4 items ordered from ebay in various countries around 3 weeks ago

i can only presume there is a huge back log somewhere because all the accumulated mail

over songkran must be stacked up somewhere.........

Maybe if they didn't have a bloody public holiday every 10 days something might get done!

Just as a follow-up, I received a package today sent from the UK on the 27th of last month! That's less than 7 days in total. Not bad.

Edited by giddyup

Just as a follow-up, I received a package today sent from the UK on the 27th of last month! That's less than 7 days in total. Not bad.

just as another follow up ,i still didnt recieve any of four packages ordered on the 12 and 14 th of last month

from mainland china ,hong kong ,singapore and manchester :)

just as another follow up ,i still didnt recieve any of four packages ordered on the 12 and 14 th of last month

from mainland china ,hong kong ,singapore and manchester smile.png

I was surprised to get the package from the UK so quickly, as I'm still waiting on 4 items sent on the 12th last month from China and HK.

When I first moved to my current address I didn't receive packages, cards etc. sent from abroad. Since then however, as far as I know, I have received everything sent (except the earlier missing post). Perhaps it just took a while for the postman to find where I live? I am a bit 'out of the way'.

Its often late though... Most times I receive my bills past the 'pay by' date and have realised they 'save' my mail until there are a few to deliver.

Posting things abroad from here? So far, so good.