Idea Of Prices Rising A Misconception: PM Yingluck

webfact

Pretty hilarious. A thread full of Westerners upset with the Thai government about higher prices. If only Yingluck could get some advice from the EU Central Banks and Ben Bernanke on monetary policy.

The monetary policies are enacted to enrich the few that is 'in the loop' and not make the nations nor the populations prosperous. So being from a western nation, perhaps some of us have a better understanding of how wrong you can drive things...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all idiots anyway and common people are too busy to run their lives to really care what she says no matter how idiotic it may be. Thaksin did this for more than six years before country wised up and got rid of him

Let's see what will happen to her

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by givenall
  • Like 1

According to the other paper, ONLY the prices of vegetables, fruit and meat are going up. blink.png So, as long as you only eat palm oil & rice you won't be affected by this inflation!

BTW, I asked my wife about palm oil, when the price was going up so much. She told me that she never cooks with it anyway - it's too high in chloresterol. She uses rice bran oil for Thai food and olive oil for Farang food.

The other paper's article also details that the public were complaining to her about the very real, as opposed to a "misconception" on their part, rise in prices.

So, at last, she's hearing the truth, as opposed to whatever "misconception" her advisers were telling her.

Edited by Buchholz

BoT: Private sector expects 4% inflation

BANGKOK, 7 May 2012 (NNT) – Private entrepreneurs said their production costs have increased by 4.6% and expected the inflation rate to hover at 4%, according to the Bank of Thailand (BoT)’s survey.

The survey conducted among Thai entrepreneurs has indicated that most of them see around 2-4% inflation in the next 12 months; however, some companies believe the rate will be upwards of 4%.

Product and service price index has also risen; the production costs in the next 12 months are expected to rise by 4.6%. More entrepreneurs are worried about the difficulties in adjusting their product prices while the production costs are on the rise.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-05-07 footer_n.gif

BoT: Private sector expects 4% inflation

BANGKOK, 7 May 2012 (NNT) – Private entrepreneurs said their production costs have increased by 4.6% and expected the inflation rate to hover at 4%, according to the Bank of Thailand (BoT)’s survey.

The survey conducted among Thai entrepreneurs has indicated that most of them see around 2-4% inflation in the next 12 months; however, some companies believe the rate will be upwards of 4%.

Product and service price index has also risen; the production costs in the next 12 months are expected to rise by 4.6%. More entrepreneurs are worried about the difficulties in adjusting their product prices while the production costs are on the rise.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-05-07 footer_n.gif

BS, they are imagining it!

The other paper's article also details that the public were complaining to her about the very real, as opposed to a "misconception" on their part, rise in prices.

So, at last, she's hearing the truth, as opposed to whatever "misconception" her advisers were telling her.

Wifey is reading a Thai site online now. Yingluck now says she never said there's a misconception about prices. People misquoted her and I guess she almost started crying at the market when they grilled her on this. Wifey laughed and said she probably learned that trick from her brother.

She did say eggs were higher, but it's because it is summer and chickens are dying. So egg prices will be higher.

UGH.

"People's feelings that prices are rising are an aftermath effect of the floods. In fact, prices are declining, but this does not satisfy them. Also, every April brings the hot season reflecting their high expenses, and the back-to-school season makes them sensitive to the high cost of goods," she said.

Misquoted really ?.

Edited by siampolee

Loveto travel #218, you said wifey said eggs were higher because of summer""" Maybe she got the eggs on Higher perches.  (the old ones are not always the best) haha.    All the given ups and downs, the real truth is the collection of goods -normal everyday usage-are a few percent higher now FOR SURE. the P.M. is speaking porky pies.

Loveto travel #218, you said wifey said eggs were higher because of summer""" Maybe she got the eggs on Higher perches. (the old ones are not always the best) haha. All the given ups and downs, the real truth is the collection of goods -normal everyday usage-are a few percent higher now FOR SURE. the P.M. is speaking porky pies.

Not my wife, but Yingluck. It's a new items being reported now...she's blaming the higher egg prices on the heat

Loveto travel #218, you said wifey said eggs were higher because of summer""" Maybe she got the eggs on Higher perches.  (the old ones are not always the best) haha.    All the given ups and downs, the real truth is the collection of goods -normal everyday usage-are a few percent higher now FOR SURE. the P.M. is speaking porky pies.

Not my wife, but Yingluck.  It's a new items being reported now...she's blaming the higher egg prices on the heat

Egg prices have been high for how many months---meaning in the cold season the chickens were hot, Ha Ha Ha years ago I used to watch the 'Comedians' on u.k. tv. it was hilarious, but not a patch on the P.Ms excuses for not attending- decisions made by cabinet-nothing forthcoming from election promises. In the U.K. we call all these lame dog sick pig excuses. The cabinet ought to bathe in Dettol each night to cleanse themselves.

You know Yingluck is absolutely right. Prices are going down.

I was quoted 50k less than the asking price of three months ago for a new Benz today. That is a huge saving for anyone on 300 baht a day.

You lucky Thai people have never had it so good.

The biggest factors in higher prices are oil and the impact of several years of interest rates trailing inflation. Do you think Thais have been keeping their money in banks at 2% interest this whole time or do you think they have been racking up loans at low interest rates and investing this money? You have seen this over and over again. The Thai stock market has more than doubled since the last crisis 4 years ago. Property prices soaring. Bangkok absolutely choked with growth.

Thailand is just a pawn in the global spectrum. We have seen the rioting in the Middle East and now the inflation is spreading to Asia. China has seen plenty of rioting.

The bottom line is that the debtor nations export paper money and the developing nations export products. The paper money is not consumed. Nobody eats paper. The paper money is invested. Costs of everything go up.

The 300b minimum wage and farmers subsidies play a role in this but it is NOT the underlying factor. The real inflation creater is Western monetary policy and artificially low interest rates.

Rubi,  I'll do it for 40 bht. thats 10 bht dearer than my local hair stylist/Salon trained....done in a shed in a side street, but I have a shave included in the price. He is 10 bht up this year as well Ha Ha Ha

Rubi, I'll do it for 40 bht. thats 10 bht dearer than my local hair stylist/Salon trained....done in a shed in a side street, but I have a shave included in the price. He is 10 bht up this year as well Ha Ha Ha

I really appreciate the kind offer, but my barber has his shop just around the corner where I live.

Also remember, I'm in Bangkok, khet Dusit and as all here seem to know, Bangkok is much more expensive that upcountry. Mind you, along Sukhumvit Rd. the price might even be around 250 wink.png

Prices vary so much in this country, it's difficult to know what % increases have been in the last 5 months. I have an Idea wherever you live law of averages there has been at least 20% +.  To try to get ministers to check is a joke.

Looking back in time in government U.K. Asking a Higher executive officer to do it would be a crime in itself.  They are too busy to do this work, it is delegated to responsible officers to deal with.  These government officials seem to have too much time on their hands. Ha Ha I could imagine Linda Chauker or Claire Short popping to the local market to check on prices.

For what it's worth. I just had my monthly haircut, still 60 Baht. Mind you a few months ago it was only 50!

That is a 20% increase!

AND.... there's 25% less lawn for the gardener to mow three months later.

Tattoo-Explains-It-All.jpg

You know Yingluck is absolutely right. Prices are going down.

I was quoted 50k less than the asking price of three months ago for a new Benz today. That is a huge saving for anyone on 300 baht a day.

You lucky Thai people have never had it so good.

clap2.gif Good one.

For what it's worth. I just had my monthly haircut, still 60 Baht. Mind you a few months ago it was only 50!

That is a 20% increase!

AND.... there's 25% less lawn for the gardener to mow three months later.

Tattoo-Explains-It-All.jpg

I've lost most colour, but I've still got all of it, thank you. Even my father at almost 85 now still has his fair share at more than you see in the picture you posted.

It's good I just bought a beer a bit further down the road (75 Baht for two big bottles of Archa, 7/11) otherwise I'd be tremendously offended tongue.png

Edited by rubl

I can only say that today I went with my wife to Makro and the price of beer is less than the last time (months ago I must admit - it's been too hot to do other than send her). So one of these women has been responsible for my overspending several hundred baht. Should I blame Yingluck or Mrs P?

It's a surprise this government has a leg to stand on,

since they keep running out of places to shoot themselves in the foot.

They're walking on thier hands, because both feet are stuck firmly in thier mouth.

Makes it easier for her handlers to blow smoke up her skirts I guess. ;)

That is a 20% increase!

My haircuts were 40 Baht for many years and they are now 60 Baht, and the even includes the barber in Yasothon, as well as in Samrong.

That is a 20% increase!

My haircuts were 40 Baht for many years and they are now 60 Baht, and the even includes the barber in Yasothon, as well as in Samrong.

Obviously due to the rising cost of fuel.