Idea Of Prices Rising A Misconception: PM Yingluck

webfact

If they did control the prices, (and who is going to police it? ...

Red shirts can make themselves useful for a change - form patrols, get armbands on and roam the neighborhoods enforcing People's Party price controls.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they did control the prices, (and who is going to police it? ...

Red shirts can make themselves useful for a change - form patrols, get armbands on and roam the neighborhoods enforcing People's Party price controls.

And kicking the tripe out of a food cart operator because his omelettes contain B12.98 of ingredients instead of B13.07

What other country in the world talks about the cost of a bag of curry and rice, chicken on a stick or a plastic bag of Jok. This country is nuts and getting nuttier by the day. I'm glad I'm back in the US now, I don't care how crazy it is here, Thailand is the King of crazy, hands down.

• Like 1

Oh dear I just remembered this conversation with a friend, his wife likes Thaksin and voted PTP.

"My wife said everything was expensive under Abhisit, and now cheaper under PTP" This was days after the fuel subsidy was removed cos it was a democrat policy. I said "I hate to tell you, but diesel has gone up over 2 Baht/litre. I'm sure you know what that will do for the PTP's cheap prices"

Anyone notice that she looks pretty desperate and close to tears?

A stark contrast to the background picture expressing the confidence of those halcyon days long gone.

That might be because the skin whitening cream price really has gone up?

The idea of her as anything other than a little flat face show pony bimbo is a misconception. We can clearly see prices rising. And around Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and Phuket they're soaring. Someone plase slap her silly.

She lost quite a few supporters with this argument, that's for sure, and it should have been obvious at least to all the 'experienced' old politicians in her cabinet and her dear brother. Since I don't believe one second she's allowed to make such statements all on her own, makes one wonder if she maybe got a bit too popular recently for the taste of the old guard (recent poll results)?

I suppose if Yingluck says it is-- then it must be after all she said that Bangkok wouldn't flood and when it did, that the worst was over. More words of wisdom from Yingluck the glove puppet.

What other country in the world talks about the cost of a bag of curry and rice, chicken on a stick or a plastic bag of Jok. This country is nuts and getting nuttier by the day. I'm glad I'm back in the US now, I don't care how crazy it is here, Thailand is the King of crazy, hands down.

Thailand can be crazy I agree...... but no country does crazy better than the good ol' U S of A...!

I wonder if she'd say the price of going siam to bang chak on the bts with a smartpass has also gone down (despite the fact that it has risen from ~20 to 35 baht). I think I understand, I am paying 75% more just for living one stop past on nut, but in reality it is just me misconstruing the overall figures.

Oh dear I just remembered this conversation with a friend, his wife likes Thaksin and voted PTP.

"My wife said everything was expensive under Abhisit, and now cheaper under PTP" This was days after the fuel subsidy was removed cos it was a democrat policy. I said "I hate to tell you, but diesel has gone up over 2 Baht/litre. I'm sure you know what that will do for the PTP's cheap prices"

I think you've hit the nail on the head - the PM's statement addresses the fact that raw materials have remained the same, yet consumers are being charged more and the government intends to regulate the prices of certain dishes. Fuel prices are the driving factor behind retailers raising prices.

Strange isn't we aren't seeing the normal rhetoric from the assorted government supporters here in this particular topic.

Yeah, come on phiphidon, where's your "But Abhisit..!" rhetoric?

I'll stand in while he's away at the Hitler Youth camp.

This is a politically motivated story pushed by the criminally negligent editorial staff of the world's worst coupist newspaper. Inflation was much higher under the Dems inferior economic management and had the army not illegally coupist thrown coupist the democraticaly coupist government out, we would all be living in Nirvana right now.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Those who struggle the most are also those who voted her in, so they got what they deserve. The last thing the Thai oil dependent economy needs, is a populist and corrupt government. But, hey...................(in a way) Som Na Na!

The joke is on the whole country and has been now for a good half century.

How the hell do you control the price of food at street vendors?

Good question. When I read this...

"The government will control the price of fast food at Bt25-30 for popular menu items such as pork fried rice with basil, red curry chicken with rice, and Chinese fried noodle to reduce the cost of living for low-income consumers," said the source.

I am thinking to get prices to 25-30 baht, the government doesn't need to "control the price", they need to "roll back the price" as the number of establishments that still sell at 25 baht is small.

With the thousands of street food entrepreneurs, dictating to them what they charge is a pipe-dream.

The soggy dreams of a populist control freak.

"...A Misconception: PM Yingluck"

So, if this attempt to pull the wool over the publics eyes fails,

is it a 'Misdeception ' coming from Miss Deception?

Edited by animatic

Strange isn't we aren't seeing the normal rhetoric from the assorted government supporters here in this particular topic.

Yeah, come on phiphidon, where's your "But Abhisit..!" rhetoric?

This is a politically motivated story pushed by the criminally negligent editorial staff of the world's worst coupist newspaper. Inflation was much higher under the Dems inferior economic management and had the army not illegally coupist thrown coupist the democraticaly coupist government out, we would all be living in Nirvana right now.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

I think you threw in a bit of Calgaryll.

clap2.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

I think you threw in a bit of Calgaryll.

clap2.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

I miss CalgaryII, a bit like going to the range at the gun club every week ;)

• Like 1

In a way it is the only answer within thai patriarchal thinking she can give. Oil and gas prices are beyond her control but the apparent omnipotence of the pooyai cannot be questioned or debated. So tell the people they are mistaken rather than make then start to question your power or ability to make it all ok, or that u are being dictated to. Oh, the shame.

I wonder if they teach the story of the emporer with no clothes in thailand. I am pretty sure not.

she's right my new private jet cost 5% less than old one and is better. My new BMW is actually 20% less than one 2 years ago and I just booked a week at London Hilton for 50% less than I paid last year and most important oysters at Harrods is cheaper than 2 years ago. Whats all fuss im saving millions. Our maids cost 1/2 what they did 10 years ago.

But then in real world my maids rice bill has increased by 50% in 1 year her son's transport to school gone up by 50% and he now needs 30 baht for his lunch when 20 baht was enough before and he gets less food but not to worry everyone will get 300 baht a day soon and that will solve everything bah.gif

The thing is that she might be right - if you present certain numbers in a certain way they might show that prices are actually dropping.

The underlying logic behind employing these particular methods is that they reflect the "actual situation" better than hearsay and personal anecdotes that ordinary people use to form their opinions.

The counterargument is that "actual situation" has so many facets that personal perceptions might very well matter more than hard numbers.

Economists studying the markets know that markets are irrational, you might have all the right numbers and the best strategy but no one can go against the market sentiment long enough to prove himself right.

Yingluck, or govt planners, thought that if they can keep certain numbers within certain range then people would feel happy and content. Now she has found out that they aren't and she blames them for not complying with her theory. Childish, really, but I hope she learns from it and demands better assessment methods when considering government policies like wage hikes or VAT increases.

• Like 1

serves all supporters of Taksin right for voting for this lot and sorry but my Thai wife and to some extent are going to cheer when chickens come home to roost idiots. Maybe when those who voted for this most corrupt bunch of clowns see they are totally screwed they might at last learn something but im not holding my breath

serves all supporters of Taksin right for voting for this lot and sorry but my Thai wife and to some extent are going to cheer when chickens come home to roost idiots. Maybe when those who voted for this most corrupt bunch of clowns see they are totally screwed they might at last learn something but im not holding my breath

Sorry I had to check up on my brand new Toyota Truck with all the goodies that I paid 300,000 Baht for.

Did you say something?

Is there an echo in here?

What inflation? says Yingluck. The cost of living for all Thais are dropping due to her excellent leadership. Another victory like the zero songkran campaign, now she will tackle world peace.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Is there an echo in here?

What inflation? says Yingluck. The cost of living for all Thais are dropping due to her excellent leadership. Another victory like the zero songkran campaign, now she will tackle world peace.

It just shows how little she understand of the real world and real peoples problems, the lady is pathetic.

Edited by Skywalker69