Thai Gang

Danny32

Does Thai immigration check my passport upon entering Thailand to see if I am wanted by the police.

Here is the problem, the last time I was in Thailand I had a slight problem with a Thai gang,, yes there was some fighting and 1 british subject was hurt, I received minor cuts and other small injuries but at least one Thai was injured.

If I am granted a visa how can I be sure that the immigration Police or local police are not waiting for me to return ??? I get a retirement visa before I enter Thailand so the visa is already approved but does immigration do more checking after we get to the airport ??

Is there a black list of some sort that the immigratioon checks when we pass through immigration at the airport ???

It is a computerised system that is used at Immigration. Links between the computers at Immigration and those at the Embassies and Consulates would be minimal, you might have a problem if the Police were involved and the case was still outstanding.

Were charges laid against you after the incident and were you bailed to appear before the police/court at a later date., or did you do a runner. ??

Passports are checked at the airport and there is a black list, but if no court case you are probably not on it.

Although you may have a visa for any country there is, of course, no guarantee that they will let you in when you arrive at immigration.

If the "incident" was minor and the police did not take any actual statements or a small fine was levied you should be ok.

You will be arrested and locked up directly on arrival.

But that would be for your retirement visa that you got outside the country.

" I get a retirement visa before I enter Thailand so the visa is already approved but does immigration do more checking after we get to the airport"

If you already have a retirement visa, why would you be asking:

"If I am granted a visa how can I be sure that the immigration Police or local police are not waiting for me to return ???"

Just sayin'

Were charges laid against you after the incident and were you bailed to appear before the police/court at a later date., or did you do a runner. ??

Passports are checked at the airport and there is a black list, but if no court case you are probably not on it.

Although you may have a visa for any country there is, of course, no guarantee that they will let you in when you arrive at immigration.

If the "incident" was minor and the police did not take any actual statements or a small fine was levied you should be ok.

I didn't wait around to see if the police were involved. I was out of there and fast. So I do not know if a report was filed and charges were made. Should be a way to check.

...your on a retirement visa and you still fighting with Thai gang?

aren't you a bit old for fisticuffs?

Excellent.

I'm 65..Not to old, never to old to protect yourself,,, yes I have been on a retirement visa for the last 5 years.

" I get a retirement visa before I enter Thailand so the visa is already approved but does immigration do more checking after we get to the airport"

"If I am granted a visa how can I be sure that the immigration Police or local police are not waiting for me to return ???"

Just sayin'

you do not know what you are talking about,,, retirement visa can be obtained inside Thailand or from your country of record where you obtain your passport,,, the advatage of obtaing it from your own country is that it's good for 2 years not 1 year.

you do not know what you are talking about,,, retirement visa can be obtained inside Thailand or from your country of record where you obtain your passport,,, the advatage of obtaing it from your own country is that it's good for 2 years not 1 year.

No, the O-A visa is only valid for one year and it gets a 365 day permission to stay stamp when entering. You can get a reentry permit, leave and reeneter just before the visa expires which keeps the 365 day permission to stay stamp valid for the entire year.

It is pretty well recognized (except by the people that insist on getting the O-A) that just getting the extension in Thailand is easier and more convenient

TH

No problem.

Providing you meet the criterion of the Immigration department you can walk straight in with practically no questions asked. Hardly anyone is ever vetted at Immigration

They’re all here, drug dealers, paedophiles, wanted fugitives, murderers, terrorists, fraudsters, illegal workers, thieves, cutthroats and the scum of the Earth, all living in peace and harmony in Thailand.

Most felons are usually caught when pressure regarding the activities of an individual is brought to the attention of the Thai authorities by the law enforcements from the home countries. So don`t worry, just walk in, you will not be investigated or challenged.

The Thai way of combating the problems of undesirable foreign nationals in the Kingdom is to tighten up the Immigration regulations for those already here. So you have the benefit of knowing that whatever criminal acts you may have committed, major or minor, we will all share the burden and eventually will pay the price with you.

• Like 1

First, there is no such thing as a "retirement visa'. The O-A , only available outside of Thailand is a "pre approved long stay visa". You will receive a one year permission to stay on arrival. If, and only if, it is a multi entry O-A will you be able to depart at any time before the visa use by date on re-entry to Thailand will be given a further 1 year entry. This can therefore be good for almost 2 years, but check the enter before date. During the second year a reentry permit will be required before departure to keep the permission to stay alive,( available at local immigration, single 1000 baht, multi 3800baht).

Back to your original problem. Unless the other people involved provided all your personal details to the police or the incident was serious enough for the police to make further inquiries seems very unlikely any difficulties retuning....but you will only really know when you stand in front of the immigration officer...

Excellent.

I'm 65..Not to old, never to old to protect yourself,,, yes I have been on a retirement visa for the last 5 years.

I like your style Danny. A bit of biffo now and again keeps you young.

If you ran away, why do you think they would have your name, let alone passport details?

No problem.

Providing you meet the criterion of the Immigration department you can walk straight in with practically no questions asked. Hardly anyone is ever vetted at Immigration

They’re all here, drug dealers, paedophiles, wanted fugitives, murderers, terrorists, fraudsters, illegal workers, thieves, cutthroats and the scum of the Earth, all living in peace and harmony in Thailand.

Most felons are usually caught when pressure regarding the activities of an individual is brought to the attention of the Thai authorities by the law enforcements from the home countries. So don`t worry, just walk in, you will not be investigated or challenged.

The Thai way of combating the problems of undesirable foreign nationals in the Kingdom is to tighten up the Immigration regulations for those already here. So you have the benefit of knowing that whatever criminal acts you may have committed, major or minor, we will all share the burden and eventually will pay the price with you.

this is funny but actually true ,there is so many european and american people in thailand with arrest warrants out for them in other places the fbi and interpol were supposed to be opening an office in jomtien to start catching them ......i dont know if it ever got off the ground though or it was just another PR stunt ...........

i know people who are still sitting drinking in bars that are overstayed for 10 years or more and nery a visa run made ,proabably only had a tourist visa in the first place

come to think of it ,its cheaper to do it that way as long as the maximum fine is 20,000 thb and if caught you get kicked out for a month or two and then back in to do it all again rolleyes.gif

Excellent.

If you ran away, why do you think they would have your name, let alone passport details?

I've lived in that area for 5 years so everyone knows my name, country and it is very easy to obtain your passport number. You provide that everytime you rent an apartment , motorcy, and other reasons.

Was nicked few years back for drink riding my Honda dream, arrested next day in front of the beak and paid my fine and off I trundled, no harm done or trouble since though, The OP sounds a bit of a "paranoid pete" though and <deleted> rolling about at 65? Give it up old time you gotta let them things go FS

Excellent.

I've lived in that area for 5 years so everyone knows my name, country and it is very easy to obtain your passport number. You provide that everytime you rent an apartment , motorcy, and other reasons.

Thai police usually spend about 5 minutes "investigating a crime "

Usually ,if theres no-one to arrest at the scene (to get a fine from ) ,they decide its too much work

and proceed to a bar with a pool table and girls ..........

Ive seen fights on khao san kick off before and the "suspects " run a few metres up the street and start drinking in another bar

and the police get there and decide they cant find them or its too much work to bother trying .......

i think youre worrying about nothing .........unless the incident was a lot more serious than youre telling us :)

Edited by wana

Just sayin'

Hey Danny, if I misread your post, my apologies. Couldn't understand if you already had a visa, why you would be asking if you were granted another visa.

Anyway, best of luck. IMO, it depends how much damage was done to the other bloke and obviously if he pressed charges. Unless it is a serious incident, I would doubt if you got flagged at the airport, especially if you have already been given a visa. I would be more worried about the local police and the Thais you had the problem with.

First, there is no such thing as a "retirement visa'. The O-A , only available outside of Thailand is a "pre approved long stay visa". You will receive a one year permission to stay on arrival. If, and only if, it is a multi entry O-A will you be able to depart at any time before the visa use by date on re-entry to Thailand will be given a further 1 year entry. This can therefore be good for almost 2 years, but check the enter before date. During the second year a reentry permit will be required before departure to keep the permission to stay alive,( available at local immigration, single 1000 baht, multi 3800baht).

Back to your original problem. Unless the other people involved provided all your personal details to the police or the incident was serious enough for the police to make further inquiries seems very unlikely any difficulties retuning....but you will only really know when you stand in front of the immigration officer...

Here you are,, copied and pasted from the Royal Thai Embassy Web Site For the purpose of retirement (Type “O-A”) ie, retirement visa

C'mon danny, you try to act all tough by mentioning the thai gang. But in order to get your questions answered you are using TV. I think you are chickening out. In other words: If you are brave enough to confront a thai gang in a fight you should have the heart to face thai customs. Would you, danny? Would you...

C'mon danny, you try to act all tough by mentioning the thai gang. But in order to get your questions answered you are using TV. I think you are chickening out. In other words: If you are brave enough to confront a thai gang in a fight you should have the heart to face thai customs. Would you, danny? Would you...

what does customs have to do with anything ????

Here you are,, copied and pasted from the Royal Thai Embassy Web Site For the purpose of retirement (Type “O-A”) ie, retirement visa

Yes, for the purpose of retirement, but there is still no such thing as "a retirement visa", but up to you, not as important as to whether they will let you in the country or not.

Yes, for the purpose of retirement, but there is still no such thing as "a retirement visa", but up to you, not as important as to whether they will let you in the country or not.

You're being pedantic as well as off topic.

Edited by loong
  • Like 1