Best Hangover Cure

phuturatica

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every hotel I ever managed had oxygen. Stood in the walk in cooler breathing oxygen for 30 minutes. Alternative go to the hospital. They will hook you up to an IV and oxygen.

• Like 1

i had some dr freinds who, while in med school, used to wake up and run a bag o' saline into their arms. claimed it worked wonders.

pure O2 should also help.

Next time you get the sudden urge to communicate with god via the big white telephone, get some KFC chips, really hot and salty,and dip them into the delicious brown gravy made from chicken leftovers.

This works better than the milkshake stunt. :thumbsup:

i had some dr freinds who, while in med school, used to wake up and run a bag o' saline into their arms. claimed it worked wonders.

Did this a few times in the army, only problem was sometimes the medic was out with us the night before and his hands were shaking more than ours when he was putting the needle in, so it did work wonders once you got over the bleeding out from the veins he stuck the needle though...biggrin.png

• Like 1

Barrs Irn Bru!!........guaranteed to work. I don't know where your going to get it in Thailand though so I agree with the previous post for Pocari Sweat.

What a stupid name for a drink though. blink.png

and Irn Bru is not a stupid name ?...whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

Try some Ibruphen (not sure if that is the correct spelling). I used to use that all the time with good results. Must be the painkiller ingredient in it, as it is not made for hangovers.

Although you probably won't be able to get it, a couple of blasts of pure oxygen will help get the crap out of the blood stream. By far the best hangover cure!

When i was working in Bahrain, the airplane pilot's would say they were still drunk walking on to the plane but as soon as they put the oxygen mask on, they would be perfect. Truth or not, i don't know.

Best thing to do, drink lots of water. A hangover is just dehydration.

I know medics who put a saline drip thing in and have a sleep, they wake up perfect. When i drink, i have a big bottle of water by my bed and i wake up nearly every hour, take a drink and go back to sleep. Good as new by the morning. Trust me, this works a treat, i'm in the navy, so i know what i'm talking about.burp.gif

Not advisable if using bunkbeds ......unless the bloke underneath has an umbrella:)

• Like 2

I'm feeling for you, they get worse as you get older.

Yeah, that's what I've found. Up until my mid 20s I wouldn't get hangovers, I could drink like a fish and be fine the next day as long as I slept in a bit. Now it takes 2 days to fully recover. Really takes a lot of the fun out of drinking, which is why I've become a much lighter drinker. Kinda sad actually as it used to be a lot of fun but now there is too big a price to pay the next day.

Next time you get the sudden urge to communicate with god via the big white telephone, get some KFC chips, really hot and salty,and dip them into the delicious brown gravy made from chicken leftovers.

This works better than the milkshake stunt. thumbsup.gif

and even more important! Don't eat noddles. If the big white phone is calling and you just close your mouth to prevent a nice decoration of your home, the noodles can pass the nose.....than it may happen that you have noodles in your nose, half outside half inside your body....

You would vomit if you wouldn't already vomit.....

OP, didn't you write on the Health Forum that you suffer from a few different things, all of which make me think you need to keep away from alcohol

Yes I did and do. I have chronic kidney failure. Of course I shouldn't drink alcohol. However I'm in this world for a good time not a long time and I very rarely drink, only on special occasions. I get drunk quite quickly and my hangovers are horrendous.

Some greasy food will give you small temporary relief. Otherwise you're screwed, basically. Next time drink truckloads of water before you go to sleep. Only thing that works.

I did! I drank a whole litre of water with electrolytes and had some charcoal tablets! I thought that would help!

Paracetamol + coffee + pizza never fails for me (plus loads of fluids, milk is great).

[cow's] Milk is not good for your bodily systems in the best of times, less to stave off a hangover.

Edited by zzaa09

I very rarely drink, only on special occasions

This is why you get the "horrendous hangovers", it's like playing badminton once or twice a year. One can hardly walk or sit for a couple of days.

This is why you get the "horrendous hangovers", it's like playing badminton once or twice a year. One can hardly walk or sit for a couple of days.

Or even better, borrow the custom of drinking only when the flowers boom. wink.png

Paracetamol + coffee + pizza never fails for me (plus loads of fluids, milk is great).

[cow's] Milk is not good for your bodily systems in the best of times, less to stave off a hangover.

milk is one of the only things that will calm my stomach after a lot of whisky induced vomiting

Barrs Irn Bru!!........guaranteed to work. I don't know where your going to get it in Thailand though so I agree with the previous post for Pocari Sweat.

No because it is "brewed from girders" :)

• Like 1

I get the pukes after seriously heavy sessions. I've always found the best thing is to have lots of regular small sips of water. Resist the urge to gulp it down, you'll only bring it back up. If you can stomach it get some electrolyte powder from the pharmacy, and drink that. Eat a small amount of food, nothing greasy/salty/spicy etc when you feel ready. Again, don't scoff anything.

I completely understand where you are at the moment, you have my sympathy.

Now i'm off for a beer lao......burp.gif

Or even better, borrow the custom of drinking only when the flowers boom. wink.png

Do you mean flowers explode? In that case I would be completely TT.

No because it is "brewed from girders" smile.png

Correct!!, by the way Soutpeel you have a cheek talking about stupid names???? blink.png

Anyway, Scottish rite of passage.................

Saturday night ( aged approx 13 ) ............get pal to buy you a cairry oot, ( it was Skol lager, or Old English in my day, bad boys drank Buckie ), get rolling drunk, have fight, jump fence into graveyard, jump the bones of a monster, ( always the real ugly monster from third year ), spew your guts, collapse, get taken home by the police, wake up in the morning, get a slap from your Mum, watch your Dad smirking behind the Sunday newspaper, go out, buy Irn Bru, meet your pals, feel embarrassed about jumping the monster until you find out all your pals did it too, put down your jacket, play football, spew your guts again, drink some Irn Bru, hopefully win the game 14-12 or something like that, go home and watch Glen Michaels Cavalcade, get your Sunday dinner, listen to Radio One to see who is top of the charts, collapse into bed.

Next Saturday........repeat. This is how children are brought up in Scotland. Just so you know. wai.gif

ps. With a bit of luck you never grow out of it. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Correct!!, by the way Soutpeel you have a cheek talking about stupid names???? blink.png

Anyway, Scottish rite of passage.................

Saturday night ( aged approx 13 ) ............get pal to buy you a cairry oot, ( it was Skol lager, or Old English in my day, bad boys drank Buckie ), get rolling drunk, have fight, jump fence into graveyard, jump the bones of a monster, ( always the real ugly monster from third year ), spew your guts, collapse, get taken home by the police, wake up in the morning, get a slap from your Mum, watch your Dad smirking behind the Sunday newspaper, go out, buy Irn Bru, meet your pals, feel embarrassed about jumping the monster until you find out all your pals did it too, put down your jacket, play football, spew your guts again, drink some Irn Bru, hopefully win the game 14-12 or something like that, go home and watch Glen Michaels Cavalcade, get your Sunday dinner, listen to Radio One to see who is top of the charts, collapse into bed.

Next Saturday........repeat. This is how children are brought up in Scotland. Just so you know. wai.gif

ps. With a bit of luck you never grow out of it. biggrin.png

Irn Bru is quite clearly the best thing to ever come out of Scotland. I miss it loads! It was my favourite soft drink in the UK and it always made me feel better on hangovers too!

Irn Bru is quite clearly the best thing to ever come out of Scotland. I miss it loads! It was my favourite soft drink in the UK and it always made me feel better on hangovers too!

I set up a deal to sell it into China, the British Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai had their annual St Andrews Night Ball in November 2010, and I donated a case of full strength Irn Bru ( 24 x 330ml cans ) to the charity auction. The case sold for approx 13 000 baht, and I sold out the next day.

It truly is our other National Drink. wub.png

ps The last time I spoke to Barrs ( manufacturers of Irn Bru ) they told me they had an enquiry from a business in Phuket. I think they were quite close to doing a deal. I can't be bothered getting involved at the moment but if the contract is still available in a couple of years I'll get it imported. It gives me an excuse to fly Business Class at my companies expense instead of me paying for the flights out of my own pocket. cunning huh?

• Like 1

If thats the case then they cant spell north of Hadrians wall then... "Irn"...is spelt "Iron" and "Bru" is spelt "Brew".....If our hairy arsed, dress wearing, haggis eating bretheren north of the wall wish to use the queens English...gentlemen please use it properly or i am going to set a the TELF'ers English Nazi's on to you...

(and before someone points out any spelling or grammatical mistakes I may have made, I dont profess to be an English teacher, dont give a toss and get over it) thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel