Best Hangover Cure

phuturatica

I have read all of the previous suggestions with interest. Ultimately if it works for you - then that is the main thing.

However ,I will share wih you something that I learnt in my youth after a humdinger of a night on ouzo and raki n Corfu.....

The following morning drink a small glass of the Italian liqueur made from various herbs and alcohol called Fernet Branca. In fact don't drink it.... throw it back in one gulp. After the nuclear explosion has ceased.... give it 5 minues and you will start to feel human again and within 30 mnutes... ready for off to the races.

The German drink Underberg is a close second.

I acknowledge that neither is easly obtained in Thailad. but Ladies and Gentlemen well worth looking for I assure you

Totally agree with you on Underberg.

220px-Underberg_4442963885_e200c994e2_t.jpg

I have just discovered I can buy this in Australia $6 for a wee bottle, but could come in handy at celebration time.

Hah.

You get my vote !!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcdonalds Big Mac set - more coke followed by more coke , several sponsors, a bottle of milk, mars bar if can be found here, Spicey larb moo and a blowjob for starters.

I disagree with everything you have listed except the blowjob, one would suspect thia would do wonders for a hangover, or at least take you mind off the pain...w00t.gif

• Like 1

Mcdonalds Big Mac set - more coke followed by more coke , several sponsors, a bottle of milk, mars bar if can be found here, Spicey larb moo and a blowjob for starters.

I disagree with everything you have listed except the blowjob, one would suspect thia would do wonders for a hangover, or at least take you mind off the pain...w00t.gif

Instead of coming.... he went....

ps The last time I spoke to Barrs ( manufacturers of Irn Bru ) they told me they had an enquiry from a business in Phuket. I think they were quite close to doing a deal. I can't be bothered getting involved at the moment but if the contract is still available in a couple of years I'll get it imported. It gives me an excuse to fly Business Class at my companies expense instead of me paying for the flights out of my own pocket. cunning huh?

Oddly enough, there's a shop round the corner from me in TEDA Tianjin that sells Irn Bru - it also carries Dandelion and Burdock which I don't think I've seen on the shelves anywhere for about 40 years +

• Like 1

You can get it up with a massive hangover? Crikey!clap2.gif

I suspect this piece of advice is not going to help the topic starter though. :lol:

Lots of water and Vitamin B (which is where the Berocca comes in). Drinking more alcohol the next morning is a stupid idea, IMHO. Anybody who does that is actually, or potentially, an alcoholic.

Another smart thing to do is to drink lots of water during the evening, one glass of water between every drink.

Next time you get the sudden urge to communicate with god via the big white telephone, get some KFC chips, really hot and salty,and dip them into the delicious brown gravy made from chicken leftovers.

This works better than the milkshake stunt. thumbsup.gif

That would be a great conversation through the big white telephone!

That makes me feel bad just thinking about it and I haven't had a drink! I can foresee nightmares tonite..........bah.gif

Depends what sex you are. As the OP is female, don't think that would do much for the hangover

Depends what sex you are. As the OP is female, don't think that would do much for the hangover

how do you know have you tried it...whistling.gif

• Like 2

I think the op have survived the day.

I think we should celebrate that, the OP is a star 402.gif

Haha! I did indeed survive the day in the end! Lots of water, coconut water, electrolytes and sleep did the trick. Then after waking up I went all out, had som tam with 5 chillis and sweated that baby mother of a hangover out! Then I went out with some colleagues and drank soft drinks. ;)

Cheers for all the tips and advice guys! Some of them were interesting. Not sure why anyone would want to eat a McDonalds though. Ugh *shudders*

I'm also aware that anti-inflammatories are good for hangovers, however I cannot take them due to my kidney problem, and whilst I understand that it sounds ironic that I would go out and drink with a kidney problem (I only do it once in a blue moon anyway) I wouldn't wanna take the piss on my kidney and feed it anti-inflammatories which are bad for my kidney as well!

I suppose that 5 Chili Som Tam will be cause for another thread for tomorrow, as your nether regions might be a bit warm

• Like 1

how do you know have you tried it...whistling.gif

Advise from the missus..............wink.png

Bloody Mary. Plenty of pepper and a good shake of Worcester sauce extra tabasco. The Crossbar do an excellent version on Soi 23.

Repeat until feeling human. Until 4 of them. If that don't work then send Sheryl a PM. tongue.png

A good bloody mary is a very hard thing to find inThailand.

Up until recently the best bloody mary i had was a Zabha Jazz Bar in Chaloklum Koh Phangan

Sasha the bar keep is painful to watch as he exactly measures every thing into a shaker full of ice, shakes the hell out of it and then strains, because there is no ice and at least 3oz of Vodka in each, they are pretty dam_n filling. 2 is pretty much saturation.

One of the most pleasant Bloody experiences i have ever had is recentlly at Rayavadee on Railay Krabi.

A different animal entirely, 1oz of vodka and very expensive, it was small and perfectly spiced and about 5 went down one afternoon.

The common factor in a good bloody is of course quality tomato juice, neither too thick or too thin, but more important is it hashave at least as much pure lime or lemon juice in it as it does vodka.

I always order with salt on the rim, and send it back if i dont get it. This naturally causes some consternation amongst bar staff, and there are more thasn a few places on the islands and bkk, where i just go behind the bar and make my own.

Bkk burger company does a good bloody, they put some sort of sauce or gravy in the tomato juice that gives it an interesting tang. I have found them to be hit and miss though and its not some where i would necessarily go hungover.

That said, a bloody mary is a pale shadow of a bloody ceasar. Made with clamato and very popular in Canada. Ceasars truly are the beverage of the gods. In fact i like clamato so much i can drink gallons of the stuff without booze.

The one caveat on ordering a bloody mary in the kingdom, is if the bar tender or staff look at you like you like you are stupid when you order, forget it, it is going to suck. Have a beer instead.

I think the op have survived the day.

I think we should celebrate that, the OP is a star 402.gif

Haha! I did indeed survive the day in the end! Lots of water, coconut water, electrolytes and sleep did the trick. Then after waking up I went all out, had som tam with 5 chillis and sweated that baby mother of a hangover out! Then I went out with some colleagues and drank soft drinks. wink.png

Cheers for all the tips and advice guys! Some of them were interesting. Not sure why anyone would want to eat a McDonalds though. Ugh *shudders*

I'm also aware that anti-inflammatories are good for hangovers, however I cannot take them due to my kidney problem, and whilst I understand that it sounds ironic that I would go out and drink with a kidney problem (I only do it once in a blue moon anyway) I wouldn't wanna take the piss on my kidney and feed it anti-inflammatories which are bad for my kidney as well!

I suppose that 5 Chili Som Tam will be cause for another thread for tomorrow, as your nether regions might be a bit warm

I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to chilli actually. ;)

not sure what this has to do with thailand

and perhaps needs to be in the health forum

but while you are at it

(and yes call this a thread hijack)

BEST MIGRAINE CURE???

she got pissed in thailand and was hungover in thailand

• Like 1

Go out and buy one of those green bottles of oxygen that includes regulator and face mask.

Leave the mixture setting on 100%, don't smoke and place mask on face and inhale. Your

hangover will vanish in about 3 minutes, then keep breathing the O2 normally for around

another 5 minutes.

This works 100% of the time. For everybody.

I keep a scuba tank size bottle at home...for those "daze after".

Note...please wash your face with a non moisturising soap before doing the O2 inhaling or else

the stuff you puked up that contains oils in it will cause you to have a face fire fed by 100 %

pure oxygen...whether you have fur on our face or not.

The high stress Vitamin B complex horse size pills are also good and so is pure fruit juice.

Take these after doing the O2 treatment.

You'll be fine in about an hour...or less.

Go out and buy one of those green bottles of oxygen that includes regulator and face mask.

Leave the mixture setting on 100%, don't smoke and place mask on face and inhale. Your

hangover will vanish in about 3 minutes, then keep breathing the O2 normally for around

another 5 minutes.

Note...please wash your face with a non moisturising soap before doing the O2 inhaling or else

the stuff you puked up that contains oils in it will cause you to have a face fire fed by 100 %

The high stress Vitamin B complex horse size pills are also good and so is pure fruit juice.

while i am interested in the benefits of this treatment, i fear that purchasing an oxygen rig would be tantamount to admitting i am an utter ale cart and should perhaps be looking more towards curtailing my drinking.

the caveat against smoking made me chuckle. Yes, i would imagine that this is not a treatment to be enjoyed with a cigar or cigarette, or even a joint for that matter.

Edited by nocturn

For me, the cure is Berocca.....available in all pharmacies. Dissolve one before hitting the sack, and have another when you wake up, But if you're that messed up I'll bet you can't even remember getting into bed! As others have said, loads of water works very well.

Bu by far - if you have the stomach for it - is something like a full English breakfast..eggs, bacon, bangers, mushrooms toast - or a pad thai/khao pad with prik nam pla thumbsup.gif

Barrs Irn Bru!!........guaranteed to work. I don't know where your going to get it in Thailand though so I agree with the previous post for Pocari Sweat.

What a stupid name for a drink though. blink.png

and Irn Bru is not a stupid name ?...whistling.gif

Nah, that's what he's talking about ;-)

Clean your teeth and mouth thoroughly.

Floss, brush, & then do it all again. Use a strong mint t'paste like Colgate green.

Best if you do it before you go to bed, but do it ASAP -

Chok dee.

P.S. Not a hangover cure, but knocks it down by about 10 dB, or 10 points on Richter - from my experience. Try it, worst thing that can happen is GF can kiss you in am w/o gagging.

To avoid a hangover drink a bottle of water before bed to make a hang over better drink a bottle of water when you get up, i no longer ever feel ill after drinking water after a night on the town as one poster stated keep yourself hydrated.

Bloody Mary. Plenty of pepper and a good shake of Worcester sauce extra tabasco. The Crossbar do an excellent version on Soi 23.

Repeat until feeling human. Until 4 of them. If that don't work then send Sheryl a PM. tongue.png

Up until recently the best bloody mary i had was a Zabha Jazz Bar in Chaloklum Koh Phangan

Sasha the bar keep is painful to watch as he exactly measures every thing into a shaker full of ice, shakes the hell out of it and then strains, because there is no ice and at least 3oz of Vodka in each, they are pretty dam_n filling. 2 is pretty much saturation.

One of the most pleasant Bloody experiences i have ever had is recentlly at Rayavadee on Railay Krabi.

A different animal entirely, 1oz of vodka and very expensive, it was small and perfectly spiced and about 5 went down one afternoon.

The common factor in a good bloody is of course quality tomato juice, neither too thick or too thin, but more important is it hashave at least as much pure lime or lemon juice in it as it does vodka.

I always order with salt on the rim, and send it back if i dont get it. This naturally causes some consternation amongst bar staff, and there are more thasn a few places on the islands and bkk, where i just go behind the bar and make my own.

Bkk burger company does a good bloody, they put some sort of sauce or gravy in the tomato juice that gives it an interesting tang. I have found them to be hit and miss though and its not some where i would necessarily go hungover.

That said, a bloody mary is a pale shadow of a bloody ceasar. Made with clamato and very popular in Canada. Ceasars truly are the beverage of the gods. In fact i like clamato so much i can drink gallons of the stuff without booze.

The one caveat on ordering a bloody mary in the kingdom, is if the bar tender or staff look at you like you like you are stupid when you order, forget it, it is going to suck. Have a beer instead.

I add a drop of sherry.... l learnt from the bartender at Harry's in Paris

another 5 minutes.

while i am interested in the benefits of this treatment, i fear that purchasing an oxygen rig would be tantamount to admitting i am an utter ale cart and should perhaps be looking more towards curtailing my drinking.

the caveat against smoking made me chuckle. Yes, i would imagine that this is not a treatment to be enjoyed with a cigar or cigarette, or even a joint for that matter.

The whole idea of buying oxygen just to get rid of a hangover sounds ridiculous! Whilst I am not debating that the cure does not work... I just have this odd image of me lugging an oxygen cannister around getting prepared for the day after the heavy session!

I add a drop of sherry.... l learnt from the bartender at Harry's in Paris

I cannot stand tomato juice so the idea of a Bloody Mary makes me gag even when I am not hungover! sick.gif

Sorry if already mentioned as I did not read the whole thread.............

At this point it is too late for a cure as the high amounts of alcohol have been through you.

It has sucked the moisture out of you & your brain.

But for next time.....if there is one.......After a night of heavy drinking tank some water before bed.

Then put two or more bottles next to the bed.

During the night when you wake from time to time take as much water in as you can.

Hope you feel better soon....your body & brain is dehydrated & re-hydration takes time.

If your desperate an IV with saline will help & be quicker but cost you wink.png

Edited by flying