Best Hangover Cure

phuturatica

Bloody Mary. Plenty of pepper and a good shake of Worcester sauce extra tabasco. The Crossbar do an excellent version on Soi 23.

Repeat until feeling human. Until 4 of them. If that don't work then send Sheryl a PM. tongue.png

A good bloody mary is a very hard thing to find inThailand.

Up until recently the best bloody mary i had was a Zabha Jazz Bar in Chaloklum Koh Phangan

Sasha the bar keep is painful to watch as he exactly measures every thing into a shaker full of ice, shakes the hell out of it and then strains, because there is no ice and at least 3oz of Vodka in each, they are pretty dam_n filling. 2 is pretty much saturation.

One of the most pleasant Bloody experiences i have ever had is recentlly at Rayavadee on Railay Krabi.

A different animal entirely, 1oz of vodka and very expensive, it was small and perfectly spiced and about 5 went down one afternoon.

The common factor in a good bloody is of course quality tomato juice, neither too thick or too thin, but more important is it hashave at least as much pure lime or lemon juice in it as it does vodka.

I always order with salt on the rim, and send it back if i dont get it. This naturally causes some consternation amongst bar staff, and there are more thasn a few places on the islands and bkk, where i just go behind the bar and make my own.

Bkk burger company does a good bloody, they put some sort of sauce or gravy in the tomato juice that gives it an interesting tang. I have found them to be hit and miss though and its not some where i would necessarily go hungover.

That said, a bloody mary is a pale shadow of a bloody ceasar. Made with clamato and very popular in Canada. Ceasars truly are the beverage of the gods. In fact i like clamato so much i can drink gallons of the stuff without booze.

The one caveat on ordering a bloody mary in the kingdom, is if the bar tender or staff look at you like you like you are stupid when you order, forget it, it is going to suck. Have a beer instead.

I add a drop of sherry.... l learnt from the bartender at Harry's in Paris

i will try that. perhaps today. i am stinking hung over

Edited by nocturn

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Mary. Plenty of pepper and a good shake of Worcester sauce extra tabasco. The Crossbar do an excellent version on Soi 23.

Repeat until feeling human. Until 4 of them. If that don't work then send Sheryl a PM. tongue.png

A good bloody mary is a very hard thing to find inThailand.

Up until recently the best bloody mary i had was a Zabha Jazz Bar in Chaloklum Koh Phangan

Sasha the bar keep is painful to watch as he exactly measures every thing into a shaker full of ice, shakes the hell out of it and then strains, because there is no ice and at least 3oz of Vodka in each, they are pretty dam_n filling. 2 is pretty much saturation.

One of the most pleasant Bloody experiences i have ever had is recentlly at Rayavadee on Railay Krabi.

A different animal entirely, 1oz of vodka and very expensive, it was small and perfectly spiced and about 5 went down one afternoon.

The common factor in a good bloody is of course quality tomato juice, neither too thick or too thin, but more important is it hashave at least as much pure lime or lemon juice in it as it does vodka.

I always order with salt on the rim, and send it back if i dont get it. This naturally causes some consternation amongst bar staff, and there are more thasn a few places on the islands and bkk, where i just go behind the bar and make my own.

Bkk burger company does a good bloody, they put some sort of sauce or gravy in the tomato juice that gives it an interesting tang. I have found them to be hit and miss though and its not some where i would necessarily go hungover.

That said, a bloody mary is a pale shadow of a bloody ceasar. Made with clamato and very popular in Canada. Ceasars truly are the beverage of the gods. In fact i like clamato so much i can drink gallons of the stuff without booze.

The one caveat on ordering a bloody mary in the kingdom, is if the bar tender or staff look at you like you like you are stupid when you order, forget it, it is going to suck. Have a beer instead.

I add a drop of sherry.... l learnt from the bartender at Harry's in Paris

I cannot stand tomato juice so the idea of a Bloody Mary makes me gag even when I am not hungover! sick.gif

you poor thing, a good bloody mary is truly one of life's little pleasures

Everybody is recommending drinking heaps of water before passing out on the bed, however, when you are really drunk this has quite serious consequences, ie. like pissing the bed.

I dunno whats worse, having a headache, or covered in urine. :o

Go out and buy one of those green bottles of oxygen that includes regulator and face mask.

Leave the mixture setting on 100%, don't smoke and place mask on face and inhale. Your

hangover will vanish in about 3 minutes, then keep breathing the O2 normally for around

another 5 minutes.

This works 100% of the time. For everybody.

I keep a scuba tank size bottle at home...for those "daze after".

Note...please wash your face with a non moisturising soap before doing the O2 inhaling or else

the stuff you puked up that contains oils in it will cause you to have a face fire fed by 100 %

pure oxygen...whether you have fur on our face or not.

The high stress Vitamin B complex horse size pills are also good and so is pure fruit juice.

Take these after doing the O2 treatment.

You'll be fine in about an hour...or less.

while i am interested in the benefits of this treatment, i fear that purchasing an oxygen rig would be tantamount to admitting i am an utter ale cart and should perhaps be looking more towards curtailing my drinking.

the caveat against smoking made me chuckle. Yes, i would imagine that this is not a treatment to be enjoyed with a cigar or cigarette, or even a joint for that matter.

The whole idea of buying oxygen just to get rid of a hangover sounds ridiculous! Whilst I am not debating that the cure does not work... I just have this odd image of me lugging an oxygen cannister around getting prepared for the day after the heavy session!

I can just see me walking into the pub with an aqualung on my back

That would be a a right giveaway you were planning on stopping out all night, wouldn't it?

SC

• Like 1

Vitamin B complex tablets available in any pharmacy for next to nothing, Milk Thistle extract/Samarin 70/equivalent, lots of water, rice soup with lots of black pepper.

If you can remember to take the vit B and Samarin 70 before sleep, also works wonders.

Everybody is recommending drinking heaps of water before passing out on the bed, however, when you are really drunk this has quite serious consequences, ie. like pissing the bed.

I dunno whats worse, having a headache, or covered in urine. ohmy.png

I don't know about you but when I get drunk I don't get completely obliterated to the point that I lose all bladder control and piss myself. Surely the liquid intake from the alcohol would make you piss more anyway? Are you a regular bed wetter by any chance? :P

I haven't wet myself since I was a wee babby.

I think there is some confusion here?

Drinking a pint of water, OK Half a litre will do, and taking a 600mg IB Profen before retiring is prevention not a cure .

To be a cure as requested by the OP, one must have the hangover in the first place.

Tip: Place said glass or water and IB Profen on the night stand or bedside table or wherever convenient BEFORE going out or starting ones binge. Then you won't forget.

Forgot? See pictures in my post #112 above.

Edited by VocalNeal

Tip: Place said glass or water and IB Profen on the night stand or bedside table or wherever convenient BEFORE going out or starting ones binge. Then you won't forget.

I don't forget, ever, to bring a bottle of water upstairs, but quite often I fall asleep before drinking enough of it.

My favorite prevention/cure is mixing a bottle of M-Sport (or other electrolyte beverage) with a small bottle of green 'Hang' and a bottle of water. Then drink the lot of it, with some paracetamols or ibuprofens.

Sharing the Eurostar back from Paris with the (male and female) colleagues who watched you pull down your pants and run around the nightclub after the wine-tasting event the previous night... I sobered up pretty quickly and haven't been drunk again since

Mcdonalds Big Mac set - more coke followed by more coke , several sponsors, a bottle of milk, mars bar if can be found here, Spicey larb moo and a blowjob for starters.

I disagree with everything you have listed except the blowjob, one would suspect thia would do wonders for a hangover, or at least take you mind off the pain...w00t.gif

reminds me of a story involving a friend of mine. he was staying on one of the islands in one of the small beach huts, went out and got monumentally rinsed. when he didnt appear the following day, an english girl he had pulled during the evening popped round to see how he was doing.

long story short, she offered him some "hand relief," but he said he had to decline as he couldnt spare the fluids! cheesy.gif