Best Hangover Cure

phuturatica

Currently dying of what feels like the mother of all hangovers. I can just about focus on the computer screen long enough to type this message and I've already thrown up 10+ times today.

Please for the love of God send your hangover cures this way so I can SMS my friend and summon her to bring me the hangover cure which will sort me out.

Also, don't suggest hair of the dog. The thought and smell of alcohol right now is enough to make me gag. I know it's self-inflicted and all my fault however I wanna know what helps you get over it when you're hungover.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eggs contain cysteine which is an amino acid that steps up liver function and allows your body to break down the booze toxins faster.

Vitamin B nudges the liver into breakingdown the alcohol.

Fresh Fruit Juice contains the sugars t replace your lost nutrients

Bananas are excellent containing the potassium and natural antaci

Get better soon

sick.gif

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

Eggs contain cysteine which is an amino acid that steps up liver function and allows your body to break down the booze toxins fasteer.

Vitamin B n

udges the liver into breaking down alcohol. Just make sure you don’t take too much vitamin C

Fruit juice contains vitamins and sugar, which you’ll need if you want to replenish your lost nutrients and give your body an energy boost.

Bananas are excellent for hangovers incorporating a natural antiacid.

Get better soon

sick.gif

Had a banana and some scrambled eggs already but thrown it up already. Definitely didn't taste as good the SECOND time round. :/

Eggs contain cysteine which is an amino acid that steps up liver function and allows your body to break down the booze toxins fasteer.

Vitamin B n

udges the liver into breaking down alcohol. Just make sure you don’t take too much vitamin C

Fruit juice contains vitamins and sugar, which you’ll need if you want to replenish your lost nutrients and give your body an energy boost.

Bananas are excellent for hangovers incorporating a natural antiacid.

Get better soon

sick.gif

Had a banana and some scrambled eggs already but thrown it up already. Definitely didn't taste as good the SECOND time round. :/

The main thing is to keep yourself hydrated and tomorrow is another day.

I actually do find Resolve helps but you can only get that back in the UK.

Try some Ibruphen (not sure if that is the correct spelling). I used to use that all the time with good results. Must be the painkiller ingredient in it, as it is not made for hangovers.

Although you probably won't be able to get it, a couple of blasts of pure oxygen will help get the crap out of the blood stream. By far the best hangover cure!

Full Sugar Coke / Pepsi... That just gives me the energy I need to continue on. Luckily I don't suffer hangovers too badly if I'm careful what I drink so...

Black Label Whiskey is my hangover cure + if I'm getting too drunk, cut back and switch to water for a while or finish the night on water...

Hot tea with sugar, sipped slowly.. When you feel better try some nutritious food.

I don't eat eggs, but Mr. "edwinclapham" has a good point... For me pizza, or bread with cheese works a deal.

Try some Ibruphen (not sure if that is the correct spelling). I used to use that all the time with good results. Must be the painkiller ingredient in it, as it is not made for hangovers.

Although you probably won't be able to get it, a couple of blasts of pure oxygen will help get the crap out of the blood stream. By far the best hangover cure!

When i was working in Bahrain, the airplane pilot's would say they were still drunk walking on to the plane but as soon as they put the oxygen mask on, they would be perfect. Truth or not, i don't know.

Best thing to do, drink lots of water. A hangover is just dehydration.

I know medics who put a saline drip thing in and have a sleep, they wake up perfect. When i drink, i have a big bottle of water by my bed and i wake up nearly every hour, take a drink and go back to sleep. Good as new by the morning. Trust me, this works a treat, i'm in the navy, so i know what i'm talking about.burp.gif

When i was working in Bahrain, the airplane pilot's would say they were still drunk walking on to the plane but as soon as they put the oxygen mask on, they would be perfect. Truth or not, i don't know.

Best thing to do, drink lots of water. A hangover is just dehydration.

I know medics who put a saline drip thing in and have a sleep, they wake up perfect. When i drink, i have a big bottle of water by my bed and i wake up nearly every hour, take a drink and go back to sleep. Good as new by the morning. Trust me, this works a treat, i'm in the navy, so i know what i'm talking about.burp.gif

As above, clearance divers and medics were my best friends for the oxygen!! :)

• Like 1

I'm feeling for you, they get worse as you get older. Ibuprofen (plus plenty of water) usually helps me if taken when you get in from drinking before the hangover kicks in. Water is the key once the hangover has kicked in but don't gulp it down as it will come up again & again.

There are lots of bad people about. Some will steal, some will lie and some will kill.

And then there are the bastards who will say "I told you so." after a night out- when you're crouched, shaking over, a toilet bowl.

It is fully acceptable to punch these people in the face. You know, if you're capable of standing up just yet.

But it can't be denied that the best way to avoid a hangover is to not over-drink. No one really expects you to take that advice, mainly because they wouldn't.

If you can, try and drink some soft drinks as well as alcohol. Water is also good to drink to avoid a headache.

One of the reasons why you feel like crap is because ethanol dehydrates you.

Another reason is that Acetaldehyde, which is created when your body breaks down ethanol, is 10 to 30 times more toxic than the alcohol itself

Another reason is that God hates you.

Keep the head up, it will be gone tomorrow. sick.gif

Edited by thequietman

...nothing funnier than self inflicted damage (up to a point). I took 40 years to learn that if something hurts when you do it, stop doing it. duuuuh

get well soon.

Try

it may help