New Helmets Available At Sumet Cycle

We now have a large selection of new helmets here at Sumet. Most sizes are available and prices range from 1,000 baht to 7,500 baht. Feel free to come by the shop and check them out. If you have a particular size and model in mind, we can also provide shipping. Thanks.

Brian

It lists the co-ordinates, which is helpful for those of us who don't speak Thai.

My question: Do you stock the coloured lid panels for the Shad 45...or do they have to be ordered in?

Out of curiosity, are any of those brands (Bilmola, LS2, and Rider) DOT, Snell, or ECE certified?

Nope, to the best of my knowledge they are only Thai certified which is why they are cheaper than the import helmets, Shark are the only helmets made in Thailand and serviceable within Thailand that are DOT and ECE certified. Just sent my Shark EvoLine 2 helmet in for service to replace the sunshield due to mechanical induced scratches - will be returned to me in 1 week, no issues, no import tax, just good service.

Of note, I think that Bilmola and LS2 is trying to achieve certification but all the others not so sure, seems to me they are just another version of APEX helmets.

Edited by commande

Out of curiosity, are any of those brands (Bilmola, LS2, and Rider) DOT, Snell, or ECE certified?

Nope, to the best of my knowledge they are only Thai certified which is why they are cheaper than the import helmets, Shark are the only helmets made in Thailand and serviceable within Thailand that are DOT and ECE certified. Just sent my Shark EvoLine 2 helmet in for service to replace the sunshield due to mechanical induced scratches - will be returned to me in 1 week, no issues, no import tax, just good service.

Of note, I think that Bilmola and LS2 is trying to achieve certification but all the others not so sure, seems to me they are just another version of APEX helmets.

You forgot to mention REAL brand. Made in Thailand, cheap and DOT certified :) (Unfortunately they don't fit my farang-shaped head very well...) :(

You forgot to mention REAL brand. Made in Thailand, cheap and DOT certified smile.png (Unfortunately they don't fit my farang-shaped head very well...) sad.png

Yea sorry about that, REAL helmets are definitely DOT certified and not to bad for the money but like you they don't fit me well at all due to my strange shaped farang head LOL...

The LS2 models we sell all have ECE certification. Most of the Bilmola models also have ECE certification. A couple of them also have DOT certification. The Rider helmets only have TIS certification though. I'd probably only use the Rider for short trips on my scooter, but would be comfortable using either the Bilmola or LS2 on my CBR 1000 RR.

It lists the co-ordinates, which is helpful for those of us who don't speak Thai.

My question: Do you stock the coloured lid panels for the Shad 45...or do they have to be ordered in?

I'd have to order, but could have them in a day or two. What color do you want? Thanks.

Brian

You forgot to mention REAL brand. Made in Thailand, cheap and DOT certified smile.png (Unfortunately they don't fit my farang-shaped head very well...) sad.png

Yea sorry about that, REAL helmets are definitely DOT certified and not to bad for the money but like you they don't fit me well at all due to my strange shaped farang head LOL...

I bought a Real here in Chiang Mai size XXX and was very suprised that is very comfortable and when moving it is very good ventilation. It is a full face came with 2 shields and a bag to store in for a bit over 3,000baht

I bought a Real here in Chiang Mai size XXX and was very suprised that is very comfortable and when moving it is very good ventilation. It is a full face came with 2 shields and a bag to store in for a bit over 3,000baht

Yep, just replaced my full face Index with a full face Real, and bought my gf a full face Real too - same deal with 2 shields and a bag for each - 2000 baht each. Fits my head pretty nicely - much nicer than the Index.

I'd have to order, but could have them in a day or two. What color do you want? Thanks.

Brian

Not sure what bike I will be buying yet. But I will be buying a PCX 150 on my return from Oz in 3 weeks (2 weeks vacation due)...so maybe the lid panel will be gloss black.

Brian, looks like alot of changes since I was last in your shop. I need to come up, I am in need of a new helmet. Do any of your helmets have an internal retractable sun visor?

Also, are you organizing any rides any time soon?

Edited by floridaguy

Brian, looks like alot of changes since I was last in your shop. I need to come up, I am in need of a new helmet. Do any of your helmets have an internal retractable sun visor?

Sure, a few of the Bilmolas have retractable sun visors. The Explorer model is really nice. My wife just started using it and loves it.

We are thinking of doing a run to Kao Yai on our next trip. We are still working out the details. I'll let you know when I have more info. Thanks.

Brian

Sure, a few of the Bilmolas have retractable sun visors. The Explorer model is really nice. My wife just started using it and loves it.

We are thinking of doing a run to Kao Yai on our next trip. We are still working out the details. I'll let you know when I have more info. Thanks.

Brian

Well, I just picked up a new (to me) little Honda VFR400 today and was going to ride up to look at your helmets, but it looks like rain, and I don't like riding in the rain. I guess I will head up tomorrow morning.

For sure let me know about the Khao Yai trip, I have been trying to get some friends together and go there, maybe we can tag along on your run. Will you take your new CBR1000, or another bike?

That's quite a good, and important question. smile.png Unfortunately I don't know the answer to it. I'd guess at one M and one L.

I'll probably be in later today for an oil change anyway.

Ok, sounds good. See you later today. Thanks.