Big Fight Tomorrow Morning - Mayweather Vs Cotto

tropo

The fight is advertised to start at 10 pm (US EST). That would make it 9 am here. Perhaps the main fight will start around 11 am.

Does anyone know which Sophon channel in Pattaya will show this?

I just saw it advertised with a start time of 9 pm EST....making that an 8 am start here. Perhaps the main event could be showing at around 10 am?

Or how about you showing some appreciation?

Thanks very much for your kind assistance.

I've seen these big fights show up on different stations over the years. Best is Astro Supersports 2 which has English commentary. Thai channel 7 is lousy due to Thai only commentary and them showing commercial breaks which continue past the start of the rounds.

Does anyone know for sure where this will show?

What is interesting about watching two big men punch each other to a pulp? I've never understood

Never mind trying to understand it - just enjoy it.

I just saw it advertised with a start time of 9 pm EST....making that an 8 am start here. Perhaps the main event could be showing at around 10 am?

Or how about you showing some appreciation?

Thanks very much for your kind assistance.

I've seen these big fights show up on different stations over the years. Best is Astro Supersports 2 which has English commentary. Thai channel 7 is lousy due to Thai only commentary and them showing commercial breaks which continue past the start of the rounds.

Does anyone know for sure where this will show?

No worrys.

Why don't you go and have breakfast somewhere aand watch it on True Sports? That way you are guaranteed to see it and have English commentary.

What is interesting about watching two big men punch each other to a pulp? I've never understood

Well, you are obviously not a fight fan. What is interesting about answering a question asked by a man that has so little understanding of humanity, that he has to ask a question like this? Why on earth would you fault another man for having passions, that make life rich and interesting? Have you ever asked yourself that?

We were lucky - it showed on what they are calling the "stadium astro" channel via Astro Supersport 2. I hope this becomes the regular HBO fight channel.

Best Mayweather fight since his return in 2009 (vs Marquez). Made Cotto, who is great fighter in his own right, look ordinary. You can clearly see that Mayweather was trying his best to make the fight entertaining.

The Mosley vs Alvarez undercard fight was a treat too.

Edited by tropo

They are 2 small men. They are boxing not beating and for the great ones, it's more like a chess match where you have to be able to execute your plan not just move a piece. But if it's not for you, it' not for you. For me personally, I enjoy watching the greatest athletes do there thing, be it tennis, racing or boxing.

They are 2 small men. They are boxing not beating and for the great ones, it's more like a chess match where you have to be able to execute your plan not just move a piece. But if it's not for you, it' not for you. For me personally, I enjoy watching the greatest athletes do there thing, be it tennis, racing or boxing.

msg62 is lucky he wasn't born a few thousand years ago when gladiators graced the arenas. Can you imagine how unsatisfying professional boxing would have been for the spectators back then.

We were lucky - it showed on what they are calling the "stadium astro" channel via Astro Supersport 2. I hope this becomes the regular HBO fight channel.

Best Mayweather fight since his return in 2009 (vs Marquez). Made Cotto, who is great fighter in his own right, look ordinary. You can clearly see that Mayweather was trying his best to make the fight entertaining.

The Mosley vs Alvarez undercard fight was a treat too.

Yea it was all very enjoyable.

Mayweather was always gonna win this fight….. Cotto is slow, possibly brain damaged after the first Margarito fight, has a plodding style with no creativity, no Plan B, not to mention his extremely short reach and slow hands for a fighter at this level…..he was hand picked for this fight as Mayweather knew he could get an easy payday with no risk…..it was a “lock”……

Re the Alavarez fight, here we see another stage managed fighter coming up……Alvarez has no power, a non-athlete’s physique, cuts easily and has a glass jaw…..step in the over the hill Mosley who just happens to managed by the same guy De la Hoya and you get another yawn fest…Mosley is also starting to look punch drunk has no zip on his punches and may have the worst jab in history,,,,even the announcers kept calling it a shoe shine punch! I would call it more of a pawing action only to build up numbers ..... Even de la Hypo admitted after the fight that Alvarez would be no match for Mayweather

Edited by tailspin

..he was hand picked for this fight as Mayweather knew he could get an easy payday with no risk…..it was a “lock”……

What a load of BS, Cotto is a great fighter, a champion and except for Mayweather and Pacman there are not many better out there at the moment. This is a man that went 12 rounds with Pacman and 12 rounds with Mayweather, he is a superb fighter.

As for hand picking what more do you want him to do? Who else is out there? He keeps saying he wants the fight everyone wants, just take a test to prove your not on performance enhancing drugs and get your promoter to stop being greedy. Mayweather is fighting the best in the business right now, he is 34 years old himself, he is not getting younger and fighting people younger than himself who are current champions.

And cotto possibily brain damaged? How disrespectful.

..he was hand picked for this fight as Mayweather knew he could get an easy payday with no risk…..it was a “lock”……

What a load of BS, Cotto is a great fighter, a champion and except for Mayweather and Pacman there are not many better out there at the moment. This is a man that went 12 rounds with Pacman and 12 rounds with Mayweather, he is a superb fighter.

As for hand picking what more do you want him to do? Who else is out there? He keeps saying he wants the fight everyone wants, just take a test to prove your not on performance enhancing drugs and get your promoter to stop being greedy. Mayweather is fighting the best in the business right now, he is 34 years old himself, he is not getting younger and fighting people younger than himself who are current champions.

And cotto possibily brain damaged? How disrespectful.

I agree. Cotto is a great fighter and deserves respect. He gave Mayweather the toughest fight he's had in a long time.

About your comment that Mayweather is fighting the best out there - we all know that's not true - he's been avoiding the best man out there for years and they're both not getting any younger.

Mayweather wants the deal he deserves, he is the biggest box office asset out there and deserves 60% of his fights, more people pay to watch him than Manny and its not too much for BOTH men to take a performance enhacing drugs test before the fight its only right infact. The way they have played it was ideal, both building up to a mega fight, but that should have happened late last year, now its just dragging on. I feel it could happen late this year but I get the feeling Mannys promoter is too stubborn.

Mayweather wants the deal he deserves, he is the biggest box office asset out there and deserves 60% of his fights, more people pay to watch him than Manny and its not too much for BOTH men to take a performance enhacing drugs test before the fight its only right infact. The way they have played it was ideal, both building up to a mega fight, but that should have happened late last year, now its just dragging on. I feel it could happen late this year but I get the feeling Mannys promoter is too stubborn.

I disgree with pretty much everything you just posted .... but the boxing forums never stop debating this and its getting old so let's not get into a Mayweather vs Manny argument again.