Half Helmet, Size Xl

Michaelaway

It's been a while since I checked out that mityon shop, but back then they only had a few helmets, all Thai sizes.

Not only is it difficult to find farang sized helmets here, they also have the wrong shape. Seems Asian heads are generally more circular while westerners have more oval head shapes (seen from above). To get a good fitting helmet you'd probably have to check out one of the big-bike shops on Sukhumvit road - but I think they will be very expensive!

There is one shop on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Soi Korpai (I think) that used to have a very large selection of (Thai) helmets, might be worth checking that out.

I picked up a similar one at Big C when it was Carrefour last year. They had a small selection of models but a huge number of sizes.

Big C/Carrefour has the sizes. I am not sure about that shape, I got one with a bit more protection on the back and sides of the head.

I picked up a similar one at Big C when it was Carrefour last year. They had a small selection of models but a huge number of sizes.

Big C/Carrefour has the sizes. I am not sure about that shape, I got one with a bit more protection on the back and sides of the head.

Yes, you're 100% right! I already have one of those- black, with 2 white stripes. It's very good; comfortable & only 389 baht... but hot! So, Id like to find one like I showed in the photo. It's usually called a half helmet.

cool.png

Checkout the touristy places on Pattaya Beach road. I've bought a few from several different places. Not available at a motorcycle shop. They are WWII German style helmets. If I recall the last time I bought one was 450 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Which shop would you recommend for full face helmets? I was at Mityon today, but after they tried to charge me 3% extra for using my credit card, the business relationship turned a bit sour.