How To Remove Th.V9.Com Browser Hijacker

phuturatica

I appear to have had my browser hijacked by v9.com browser hijacker.

Is there an easy way to remove this from my computer? I am on Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1 if that is of any use.

Thanks in advance. :)

That's quite interesting to me. Just today I noticed that on my computer. I have no idea how it got there. I went to control panel and it was listed in the programs, both a program and a tool bar. I uninstalled them both and ran both Spy Bot, and my antivirus program. Neither found anything. So far, so good.

That's quite interesting to me. Just today I noticed that on my computer. I have no idea how it got there. I went to control panel and it was listed in the programs, both a program and a tool bar. I uninstalled them both and ran both Spy Bot, and my antivirus program. Neither found anything. So far, so good.

I have just tried that and I'm currently running antivirus now. When I googled it, there seems to be talk of delting certain registry files and I didn't wanna delete anything I wasn't supposed to so I thought I'd ask on here first. Hopefully this will work though!

Same here.

Even though I have ThaiVisa set as the home page Chrome always opens with V9.

Cannot seem to find a way to get rid of it.

You should try and do what @Gary A did as it appears to have gone away on mine. Just running antivirus programs now. Also... You have your home page set to ThaiVisa? whistling.gif

I had this with windows XP two weeks ago. I draged the internet Explorer Icon from the start menu onto desktop page then deleted the Icon with V9.

Might not work for you but it did for me.

Just go Computer ... Control Panel ... Programs ... Uninstall a Program and it will more than likely be the last program, has a V9 in the name. I think now you get a response in Thai ... Just uninstall it and then go back and put your home page to what you want.Using Computer ...Control Panal ... Netwirk and Internet ... Internet Options ... Change Your Home Page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

v9.com virus is a typical browser hijacker that bundles with free software downloaded
from internet and installed in system without user concern. once
this virus enters in your system results in the automatic redirecting of
browser on unexpected URL, which means whenever you will search for anything in
Google or any other reputed search engine, you will not get the correct result
instead you will be directed to v9.com or to some other malicious web sites,
from where many other infections can be caused to your browser and system. This
dangerous hijacker program also monitor your internet activities and collect
personal information , which is send to cyber criminal for further destruction
process, it also make your system very slow and of poor performance by
utilizing lots of system resource. Hence it is advised to you to remove “v9.com” redirect virus from
your pc as fast as you can.

Edited by smith1989