Shirtless Farangs Abundant In Sois In Town, Would You Tolerate Them In Your Premises?

sharky1

Just wanted your opinions on the growing number of shirtless guys parading themselves around town particularly around Buakow/ Diana etc... so prob most wil be fellow Brits am ashamed to say who think its same as Benidorm or Ibiza.

Would you let these guys come wandering into your bar/ restaurant/ cafe and serve them?

Have seen guys wander into banks/ air con pubs and Macdonalds in the evening as well and try to get served, and the thais will willingly as it means money, but you can tell they look un-approvingly on.

To me its bad manners, ignorance and impolite in Thailand to do this, same as putting your feet up on a stool in a cafe that i witnessed yday too by some loud italian guy who hugged his coffee for about 2 hrs before moving on.

Even felt like saying it to some pratt in Macdonalds the other day but my thai partner pulled me away.

Your opinions welcome.

• Like 1

get some business cards printed explaining the situation. Languages: English and Russian.

Years ago I got some made saying that people that don't answer when you say good day (wishing them a good day) are doomed to go to hell.

I have T-shirts saying I don't want an^y Plastic bags, thank you. Go on, do something!

Edited by Rimmer

Being shirtless (or shorts-less for that matter) should not be permitted anywhere away from the beach. They should be arrested and fined on the spot.

Hahaha!

This is not the kind of place you would expect to find prudish people. It's ok to have ladyboys displaying their fake tits all over town and ladies to parade around half naked, but the shirtless Farang who pay for it all are not tolerated.

I suggest the OP find a conservative town somewhere or take a chill pill.

• Like 2

In Bangkok, it is not tolerated and I think even against the law to walk around shirtless in the street.

Pattaya being a beach resort is a bit more lax but once off the beach, I still think it could still be considered an offence. It is indeed insulting to others and in places like the police station they do get told to go out and get a shirt and I would like to see more places tell them the same thing. It is culturally wrong almost anywhere in the world to stray off beaches half naked.

. It is culturally wrong almost anywhere in the world to stray off beaches half naked.

LOL. You should visit a beach resort in Australia. I'm sure there are plenty other places where people are cool about it too. You certainly aren't true to your handle are you?

. It is culturally wrong almost anywhere in the world to stray off beaches half naked.

LOL. You should visit a beach resort in Australia. I'm sure there are plenty other places where people are cool about it too. You certainly aren't true to your handle are you?

So you can enter a government office, bank or shopping mall with no shirt in Australia ? That surprises me. As to my "handle", I can stay cool with my shirt on and find it no cooler with it off.

I have lived by the sea for most of my life and do not see a real problem with people walking around with no shirt on during the daytime. You pop into a shop to buy an ice cream, a bottle of pop, water or a newspaper and it is no problem at all. Walking down the street, on a bus no problem. Sitting at a seaside bar with no shirt on? No problem either.

Going to the bank, doing the weekly shop, into a mall or similar. Wear a shirt. Going for a night out, wear a shirt.

I am not slim but even I am sometimes taken aback by the sheer size of some fat men here who must really must have to fumble around to find their dick beneath those massive stomachs when going for a piss.

To see these huge overhangs wobbling down the street with no top on is very off-putting. Some need to lean backwards to stop themselves from toppling forward and that pushes their massive protrusions out even further. sick.gif

What is just as bad are those women with sags down to their navels and wrinkles, walking around in bikinis or bathing suits. The same has to go for those huge women with too little on and too much wobbling flesh on show.sick.gif

A wee bit of common sense and some pride should tell these people what to wear.

A young, slim man or woman walking about with less clothing seems much more natural.

So you can enter a government office, bank or shopping mall with no shirt in Australia ? That surprises me. As to my "handle", I can stay cool with my shirt on and find it no cooler with it off.

Yes, everything but the government office. Girls with bikinis, guys without shirts - same same. I wonder if this isn't just about someone's repulsion for fat bodies.

You also can't get into a public office here without a shirt.

I came here to get away from people like the op, I dont wear no shirt but plenty of Thais do and the op can go take a heart attack if he wants to get so stressed about it

Yeh, but you live in the jungle eh. w00t.gif

This is not the kind of place you would expect to find prudish people. It's ok to have ladyboys displaying their fake tits all over town and ladies to parade around half naked, but the shirtless Farang who pay for it all are not tolerated.

Indeed. Some things are just too disgusting to contemplate. Shirtless oinks are one of them.

Being shirtless (or shorts-less for that matter) should not be permitted anywhere away from the beach. They should be arrested and fined on the spot.

Hahaha!

I suggest the OP find a conservative town somewhere or take a chill pill.

Well said, couldn't agree more. I'm aware that Thais are expected to dress appropriately but we are merely farang and this is a beach resort.

Perhaps these people didn't get used to the temperature. Live and let live!

I have lived by the sea for most of my life and do not see a real problem with people walking around with no shirt on during the daytime. You pop into a shop to buy an ice cream, a bottle of pop, water or a newspaper and it is no problem at all. Walking down the street, on a bus no problem. Sitting at a seaside bar with no shirt on? No problem either.

Going to the bank, doing the weekly shop, into a mall or similar. Wear a shirt. Going for a night out, wear a shirt.

I am not slim but even I am sometimes taken aback by the sheer size of some fat men here who must really must have to fumble around to find their dick beneath those massive stomachs when going for a piss.

To see these huge overhangs wobbling down the street with no top on is very off-putting. Some need to lean backwards to stop themselves from toppling forward and that pushes their massive protrusions out even further. sick.gif

What is just as bad are those women with sags down to their navels and wrinkles, walking around in bikinis or bathing suits. The same has to go for those huge women with too little on and too much wobbling flesh on show.sick.gif

A wee bit of common sense and some pride should tell these people what to wear.

A young, slim man or woman walking about with less clothing seems much more natural.

very good post totaly agree

charlie

A couple of days ago I was going into Foodmart and just outside the door there was a guy putting on a t-shirt. I don't know if the staff had asked him to do that or if he was doing it out of common sense, but either way I thought it was a good thing. In a beach resort like Pattaya, it is relatively understandable that people do that in open areas (although I personally dislike it), but I think it is not acceptable in any buildings, specially if food is sold/served there.

I agree its against Thai culture, but really Pattaya is an international zone, for all that implies both good and bad.

Quite a few things in Pattaya are against Thai culture. Walking around shirtless would be one of the lesser offenses. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

A couple of days ago I was going into Foodmart and just outside the door there was a guy putting on a t-shirt. I don't know if the staff had asked him to do that or if he was doing it out of common sense, but either way I thought it was a good thing. In a beach resort like Pattaya, it is relatively understandable that people do that in open areas (although I personally dislike it), but I think it is not acceptable in any buildings, specially if food is sold/served there.

Must agree, as the shirtless folk do not realize they smell. bah.gif

A friend from the States who was about to visit Pattaya for the first time, sent me an eMail asking what type of wardrobe he should bring - "Does Pattaya have a dress code?"

I told him, as long as he had at least a wallet strapped to his dick, he'd be welcome almost anywhere . . . laugh.png

clap2.gif