Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Others' experience in this is not an accurate guide

It seems to be at the moment, 44, 43, 42 working days.

I agree, my fiancee was contacted today by the embassy (verifying some information) and they informed her that a decision will be made shortly.

3 applicants collecting passports on 18th May, all submitted 16th March.

Sod it! Where's ours?

It's coming dude, my fiancee had a call today (verifying some infos) - decision, she was told will be made VERY soon, imminently. remember, we and you applied on the same date. You're up soon!

Sod it! Where's ours?

It's coming dude, my fiancee had a call today (verifying some infos) - decision, she was told will be made VERY soon, imminently. remember, we and you applied on the same date. You're up soon!

I don't know about you, but it's driving me absolutely crazy

Sod it! Where's ours?

I don't know about you, but it's driving me absolutely crazy

I've got to say ... i dont feel like i'm being driven crazy anymore as I am about to be put out of my misery (waiting, fear of unknown, etc) soon. hopefully the news will be good, But I'm not feeling as confident as before though (since getting the call asking questions) as the embassy would not have called if they were sure about our application. but ... my fiancee gave honest answers, so we should get a positive result.

Just a point. In the March figures 14% got their approval within 15 days. How come they got preferencial treatment?

They didn't. It's almost certainly that they simply got their applications in before the rush started and were at the top of the pile.

I was surprised to see that they contacted Simmsc's fiance for more details. From previous posts I understood that they only worked on info before them. I guess it shows that these people have some compassion and aren't just robots

I was surprised to see that they contacted Simmsc's fiance for more details. From previous posts I understood that they only worked on info before them. I guess it shows that these people have some compassion and aren't just robots

spot on ... the lady was very friendly, curtious and understanding - they are indeed normal people trying to do their jobs. thumbs up for the embassy (but give me a positive result please). I'm fed up with 8 hours of skype every day. no exaggeration there ... it's probably more. she even watches me work, bless her. i love her dearly but I'm looking forward to seeing her in the flesh, as opposed to on cam.

Got an email. But still waiting for an sms or call! My email said decision has been made but can't tell you the answer until you get your passport. You should hear within a few days and be able to collect all your documents then. This was wednesday.

spot on ... the lady was very friendly, curtious and understanding - they are indeed normal people trying to do their jobs. thumbs up for the embassy (but give me a positive result please). I'm fed up with 8 hours of skype every day. no exaggeration there ... it's probably more. she even watches me work, bless her. i love her dearly but I'm looking forward to seeing her in the flesh, as opposed to on cam.

What info did they require, pm me if don't want to post on here.

By the sounds of it they call you if they need more info. I just called the VFS they said my passport is still at the embassy! I think they just keep using the application tracker,which has not been updated for 2 months!! They told me to call back after 12. Maybe the embassy sends a whole load of passports back to the VFS,who then send them on to us. Basically the decision has been made about our visa,but the passport is sitting on somebody's desk somewhere!

By the sounds of it they call you if they need more info. I just called the VFS they said my passport is still at the embassy! I think they just keep using the application tracker,which has not been updated for 2 months!! They told me to call back after 12. Maybe the embassy sends a whole load of passports back to the VFS,who then send them on to us. Basically the decision has been made about our visa,but the passport is sitting on somebody's desk somewhere!

1pm to 4.30pm to pick up passport, I think send a whole batch of passports to VFS. Did you the sms service?

I've been an observer up to now - thank you to the main contributers that have helped to keep our sanity during the waiting period!

To update our statistics: Submitted: 19 March received email, decision made: 18 May (sorry Retard it appears our application queue-jumped a little bit)

Pick up Monday afternoon. Will be a long weekend waiting to find out the decision as we didn't have the strongest application possible.

Good luck to those still waiting.

passport has been now sent to the messenger postal service. you should get passport today

Thanks. I presume that will go to the agency. So, all we do is wait for the verdict.

It will go to the address you, or rather the applicant, asked it to go to.

If you used an agency and asked for it to be returned to them, that is where it will go.

I've been an observer up to now - thank you to the main contributers that have helped to keep our sanity during the waiting period!

To update our statistics: Submitted: 19 March received email, decision made: 18 May (sorry Retard it appears our application queue-jumped a little bit)

Pick up Monday afternoon. Will be a long weekend waiting to find out the decision as we didn't have the strongest application possible.

Good luck to those still waiting.

Noted. Our settlement visa also submitted 19 March. No reply. No approval. Shame about the passport wait and return to applicant.

If anyone is in the same boat as us, with children or are self-employed, or even have third-party support, please pm me for discussion.

If anyone is in the same boat as us, with children or are self-employed, or even have third-party support, please pm me for discussion.

Why not start a topic to discuss this in the open forum where others can join in and benefit?

Not in this topic, though; it has wandered off topic enough.

I applied before you. So i don't know people are playing at down at the embassy! People getting visas now before me is very strange and people before me still waiting.

Although applications are processed in the order in which they are received, some take longer to process than others, for a variety of reasons. For example, the ECO needs to make enquiries of a third party and is awaiting a response to those enquiries.

Others' experience in this is not an accurate guide

It seems to be at the moment, 44, 43, 42 working days.

Other's experience in this is not an accurate guide. Enquiries into the applications can be made made.

The UKBA say up to 120 days for settlement as explained to you here http://www.ukba.home...sultTableAnchor

Posting on this thread will not change the answer or give you accurate information for your case.

Therefore, this topic has no worthwile use, just as the other threads on waiting times.

Edited by Rimmer
Font

<snip>

Posting on this thread will not change the answer or give you accurate information for your case.

Therefore, this topic has no worthwile use, just as the other threads on waiting times.

Actually I believe that this topic is of great use to both the posters and the members who read and decide not to post.

Sometimes a focal point is required by people who are frustrated by what they see as unnecessary bureaucratic delays and this topic provides a sounding board for same.

• Like 2

Don't rely on the sms service. Many have said its unreliable. I just used to check the online tracker every day rather than waiting for an sms. The tracker message will not change at all until the decision has been made. It will say "your application is currently at the embassy......" or whatever until the decision is made. It will then update to read something along the lines of "your application has been processed and forwarded to courier" depending on if its being posted to your address or if you chose to collect