Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Got a reply form the VFS this morning -

"The UK Border Agency aims to process 90% of non-settlement visa applications in not more than 3 weeks, and 95% of settlement visa applications in not more than 12 weeks. However, the unique circumstances of each individual case and referrals to other units within the UK Border Agency may result in longer decision times.

Your application falls outside of the UK Border Agency published processing targets, and therefore your enquiry has been forwarded to the UK Border Agency Correspondence Team, who will respond to you directly."

Its got me worried "unique circumstances" I guess its wait and see what the UKBA say

What are your circumstances, with my wife and me i earn £21k but its only me and her we married last year applied straight away...... She has a masters degree from the uk and supported herself before when she lived here and stuck by the rules when she was here i thought this would be clear and cut case but still takes forever....

Think it might be down to job front - I lived in Thailand until Sept 2011. When I got back i had a couple of low paid jobs until Jan 2012 and that point I got a job and earning above the threshold. However, I resigned in Sept 2012 and I got new job earning a lot more money. Therefore, I have had three jobs in 14months - mind you I'm earning 2.5times more money from when I first got back!! I did explain this in the application so hopefully be OK.

Good luck mate i wanna know what the other guy who applied on 22nd situation is..... Its really frustrating because my wife stopped work because i thought she would be here by now

Cheers mate my missus in the same boat - I keep saying we should know any day but been saying that for weeks Lol. Its difficult to explain a lot worse for her than me!

I applied on the 22nd November, still not heard anything, been 64 days now, there is another post on here, where a member has recieved a reply from UKBA dated 14 Feb, saying that they are not meeting the 12 week turnaround, and that extra resources are being drafted in over the next couple of weeks, to try and meet the 12 week turn around, so we are no better off in getting a date. I know the feeling my GF not happy to lol, We pay a small fortune for them to provide a service, with which they are not complying, reminds me of furniture company who promises to deliver before Xmas IF ONLY CARLSBERG DID VISAS,

My missus got a call from the UKBA today - Asked her few questions about the company i work for (which she didnt have a clue). Anyway, they want to see some more information - Nov to Jan back statements a bit surprised requesting this information but its probably to do with changing job in September.Also, wanted more details on my previous job - dont understand what they want here as I sent them all the details i had - headed paper confirming my salary -original wage slips - plus the details required on the application.

I will need to confirm with them direct what information they need - Does anyone know an email address to do this?? The missus was asleep at that time so maybe picked something up wrong. We have 10 days to supply the information.

For you guys waiting the current timescale would be 14w-3days if there are no questions.

Magic this is the general email [email protected] They have a fax which is +66 (0) 2 254 9579 Visa or you can phone on the general line, which i would imagine they would put you through +66 (0) 2 305 8333. I am on 13 week now but going to Thailand on Saturday, need a hoilday also hope I can fetch her back lol. But good luck I will keep watching this space.

Hi im annoyed with this british embassy.... Did you submit wage slips and bank statements first time.... I dont know why if its there fault for delay do we have to update the information...... And if you already supplied a p60 which will be 2011-2012 you wont get a new p60 till april which will be 2012-2013

Edited by Phillsb

Hi im annoyed with this thai embassy.... Did you submit wage slips and bank statements first time.... I dont know why if its there fault for delay do we have to update the information...... And if you already supplied a p60 which will be 2011-2012 you wont get a new p60 till april which will be 2012-2013

Yes supplied them with wage slips from jan 2012 to Oct 2012 although my bank statements werent fully upto date - long story. They asked for my last 3 wage slips (covering time they had my application) and last 6 months bank statements. My p60 would be useless as I was still living in Thailand for most 2011/2012. Have they phoned your missus?

I think you have another week left because you never added the holidays mate ..... Do they ask everyone for this information

As long as its by 8th March - Its the Wife's birthday :-).....Im surprised they are asking for information to cover the period they have had the application. Why bother sending it when you have got to do it again anyway!!!