Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

UKBA aim for not over 15 weeks. So take the bank holidays into consideration then this is within their target. However something like 85% of decisions are made within 12 weeks. A friend of ours got her decision on friday after submitting on the 16th of Jan. Our application is in now. So looking at 16 weeks also, with easter and songkran taken into account. Not building my hopes up for 12 weeks as the suspense would drive the missus and me crazy. Don't know about you guys? Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the reply

So when you submit the application do they give you a tracking number ? and did you put your e-mail address in ? My wife never uses an e-mail address so im wondering if i can just put in my e-mail address ?

Just out of interest how long after did you put in for the expected travel date for ?

Cheers

To be frank, the expected travel date will have little, if any, effect on how long the application takes to be processed.

ECOs process applications in the order they are received, unless there are urgent, compassionate reasons for someone to jump the queue.

Of course, some applications may take longer to process than others; if a phone interview is required or some document needs to be checked or is missing.

It does seem that since the introduction of the new rules that the average processing time has increased; which is not surprising considering the extra information the ECO now needs to check.

I suspect that they give priority to non settlement applications over settlement ones, for the obvious reasons.

Hi There,

Just to answer a couple of questions:

The embassy tried to contact my partner on the 5th March in order to ask for some further documentation. Unfortunately she did not check her emails and it wasnt until they phoned her on the 21st (last Thursday) that we found out what they wanted. After I scanned though the relevant paperwork to them on the Friday 22nd, she received an email confiming that a decision had been made on the following Monday. After that she had to wait for her passport to arrive on Friday 29th for confirmation that the Visa had been granted.

I reckon that the holidays had a fair deal to do with the wait (as well as her not checking the emails).

We put in our travel date as the 4th of March, so that didnt run too well.

They give you an APET number which throughout the process just tells you that your application has been submitted to the Embassy. Checking that every day just adds to the agony. And it only changes after the email has been sent confirming that a decision has been made so its more or less a waste of time.

I believe that they will communicate with whichever email you submit, and its apparent that if we had used one that was checked more frequently the process should have been a lot quicker.

The main thing I have taken away from all of this is, dont take anything for granted and get ready for an anxious wait for when the passport arrives back.

All the best of luck to anyone else out there that is tring to get this done.

Gerry

• Like 1

7by7,

Fully agree with everything you have just posted. They are human beings and are open to too much criticsm at times, without being able to reply. I Would like to thank yourself however, for all of the sound advice which you given both directly an indirectly over the past 3 years that gave me the confidence to go forward with our application.

All the best and keep it up.

Gerry

• Like 1

mines been 5 weeks lol its so boring not being with the other half! getting there though :D

as someone had already askd, what was the documents that needed to be sent in? was they something you missed or extra for example the guy in this thread who had to put in more wage slips. if its slips and bank statements they keep asking for then i can be prepared

Hotwinter,

They required a P60, reference letter, letter from my landlord proving rent payments. And not the actual BULATs certificate but the 3 seperate documents that showed her pass marks.

All quite basic and nothing too sinister.

Kind Regards,

Gerry

And not the actual BULATs certificate but the 3 seperate documents that showed her pass marks.

Gerry, slightly off topic but seeing as you mention it, do you recall how long it took to receive the 3 blue coloured BULATS test results? Did you use Vantage Siam?

And not the actual BULATs certificate but the 3 seperate documents that showed her pass marks.

Gerry, slightly off topic but seeing as you mention it, do you recall how long it took to receive the 3 blue coloured BULATS test results? Did you use Vantage Siam?

My Mrs did hers in January. Came within a week.

Edited by tullynagardy

Hotwinter,

They required a P60, reference letter, letter from my landlord proving rent payments. And not the actual BULATs certificate but the 3 seperate documents that showed her pass marks.

All quite basic and nothing too sinister.

Kind Regards,

Gerry

thank you for the reply gerry, i think i have covered all that in my application anyway :)

i believe my wife used vantage siam, it took about a week for the blue documents to come then they sent her another (gold) certificate a week or two after that

i believe my wife used vantage siam, it took about a week for the blue documents to come then they sent her another (gold) certificate a week or two after that

Thanks hotwinter. That helps my planning. The wife is there for her test as I type.......

The current fee is 39648 baht. Check again here before you go as it does vary from time to time due to fluctuations in the exchange rate (the actual fee is set in Sterling).

From Applying for a UK visa in Thailand

Paying your visa application fee

You can pay your visa application fee in three different ways:

• You can pay by visiting any of the 25 selected branches of Bank of Ayudhya Branches - you can download this from the right side of this page, and obtain a cashier cheque made payable to ''The British Embassy, Bangkok''. There is no charge for this payment service. You should bring the cashier cheque with you to the visa application centre when you submit your visa application.
  • If your bank account is held at a bank outside Bangkok, you can pay the visa application fee by Bank draft from any bank made payable to ''The British Embassy, Bangkok''. Bank charges for this service may vary. You should bring your bank draft with you when you visit the visa application centre to submit your visa application.
  • If your bank account is held at a bank in Bangkok, you can pay the visa application fee by ''cashier's cheque'' or ''bank draft'' from any bank made payable to ''The British Embassy, Bangkok''. Bank charges for this service may vary. You should bring your bank draft or cashier's cheque with you when you visit the visa application centre to submit your application

Posts from other members suggest the simplest way is to obtain a bank draft from the bank inside Regents House; they know the procedure and current fees.

Could someone please help me? My wife and I's application is in at the moment. However, i have just been offered a job opportunity with better pay and perks. Would i ruin the application if i were to accept the offer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How do i relay this information? When the job is confirmed? and where should i send the message? I was just worried that this would show insecurity within my job? Although, i have been poached for this job.

Thank you for your advice

Edited by narak86

Could someone please help me? My wife and I's application is in at the moment. However, i have just been offered a job opportunity with better pay and perks. Would i ruin the application if i were to accept the offer? Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is one of the many contradictions of the immigration rules that you only have to prove that you meet the requirements on the day that your wife applies for the visa. So, your wife's application will be decided on the basis of the documents that you submitted. There is no obligation on you to inform the UKBA of any change, but there is no harm in your doing so, and it does then become a matter of record ( which is no bad thing in your case). It is possible that the visa can be cancelled, or your wife could be refused entry to the UK if there is a change of circumstances after the visa is issued, but that change must be a material change that removes the basis of the visa. That is, basically, if you lost your job, then that would would be a material change of circumstances, but if you change your job for a job with higher pay, etc, that would not be considered to be a change of circumstances that is material enough to remove the basis of the visa.

If you have been offered a job, at this time, and haven't accepted it, then you don't need to do anything at all. If you accept it, then it is up to you whether you inform the UKBA or not, but if it was me I would do so. It shows "good faith", on your part, in the application process. Also, the ECO could, of course, contact your current employer to confirm your employment if wanted to, and it could cause problems if they said that you had resigned or changed jobs, etc. If you decide to inform UKBA, then you would need to provide more documentation, of course, and it is likely to delay the processing time of the visa slightly.

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 1

I was reading the UKBA rules. They say if i were living outside the UK and looking to go back to the UK and settle with my wife i must supply a signed contract of employment stating my salary and start date for a new job i would be starting in the UK. Therfore, looking at this it may suggest i should take the offer of a better job and then supply a contract of employment and salary to the UKBA?

P.s. Thank you all for the advice

Edited by narak86

Our Application was submitted yesterday, every thing went ok , arrived an hour early had to wait an hour for the wife to come out.

And now i guess the long wait starts , though its a relief to finally be free of those documents , i have an anxious feeling that the decision is now out of my hands , but heres hoping they grant the visa.

Thanks to the help of all the people that offered advice and guideance with the process, your help has been excellent.

If anyone needs any help or advice just give me a shout

Cheers

Raven0099

Our Application was submitted yesterday, every thing went ok , arrived an hour early had to wait an hour for the wife to come out.

And now i guess the long wait starts , though its a relief to finally be free of those documents , i have an anxious feeling that the decision is now out of my hands , but heres hoping they grant the visa.

Thanks to the help of all the people that offered advice and guideance with the process, your help has been excellent.

If anyone needs any help or advice just give me a shout

Cheers

Raven0099

I went inside with my wife, that foyer is horrible. Ours is in nearly 5 weeks already and expecting 10 more.

They dont even update the performance time on their website anymore (not since January) so hard to judge how quickly they are doing them.

Good luck anyway wai.gif

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect as good as january with easter, songkran and may's bank holidays thrown in. We're in a similar boat just about 1 month gone. Best of luch to you all

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect as good as january with easter, songkran and may's bank holidays thrown in. We're in a similar boat just about 1 month gone. Best of luch to you all Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What did your Mrs say it was like inside?

When I went for previous visitiors visas it was always half empty, maybe 30 people inside and all very orderly. When we submitted 6 weeks ago Ive never seen anything like it. Inside perhaps 200 people crammed, all 15 desks overwhelmed! Many of these were students starting uni in Sepetember but plenty of settlement visas also (can see by the colour).

With that volume of applicants (presuming same everyday) I can see why there is currently delays!