Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Still nothing:( VFS don't work Saturdays do they?

I blame Visa plus smile.png if you hadn't have told me you had a visa returned from the 23rd I wouldn't be so bad.

We didn't get a decision until some people who applied 8 weeks after us....but we were still successful. Patience is a virtue but it's still fresh enough in my mind to realise just how frustrating times like this really are. Good luck!

Refused

What kind of application was it ? For wife ? Children ?

You should post the refusal notice for us to see. We may be able to offer advice. Please remove all identfying personal particulars before doing so. You will have the right of appeal, but this must be used within 28 days.

Edited by VisasPlus

I have to say visa plus you have made me worry. sad.png was that a fluke or are all your submissions dealt with within that time frame?

I have no idea why it was dealt with so quickly. Maybe because, as it was under the new rules, I made sure that it was explained in great detail how the financial requirements were met. I think, in some situations, the ECOs will be confused about whether an applicant, or sponsor, qualifies or not. Maybe they are even having to seek guidance from UK.

Ye might be. Mine is simple I think. I earn the money to cover the requirements,a place to live over 14mths of chat and logs and a good few stamps in the passport. I can't see why they would say no but I'm getting that sinking feeling.

Would the refusal not make getting a tourist visa a lot harder? If you apply for a visit visa straight after the refusal the ECO may take the view that you're using it as a cheaper way to get a visa and then not return when the VV expires?? Obviously not the case, but a cynical ECO may look at it that way. I may be wrong but I thought the appeal only cost around £80, isn't that about the same as a visit visa these days??

Just something to consider

Good luck whatever way you decide to do

Refused

What kind of application was it ? For wife ? Children ?

You should post the refusal notice for us to see. We may be able to offer advice. Please remove all identfying personal particulars before doing so. You will have the right of appeal, but this must be used within 28 days.

I think a previous topic of MrZM's may provide a clue.

I suspect that following the, wrong, advice of a particular agent instead of that from TVE and others may be the key to this visa refusal.

Would the refusal not make getting a tourist visa a lot harder? If you apply for a visit visa straight after the refusal the ECO may take the view that you're using it as a cheaper way to get a visa and then not return when the VV expires?? Obviously not the case, but a cynical ECO may look at it that way. I may be wrong but I thought the appeal only cost around £80, isn't that about the same as a visit visa these days??

Just something to consider

Good luck whatever way you decide to do

An appeal can take upto 16 weeks for a hearing and a further 8 weeks for an answer.

It is too long to wait

So I have been told, if I had included 3rd party support, I would have been issued the visa, as there were complications with my employment.

I was advised against this.

I know that you cannot name the agent involved, but for the sake of clarification, we were not the agent who assisted you. Nor, apparently, was it Thai Visa Express. as they have given you good advice.

We've been waiting since 7/7. Yesterday a Thai woman phoned my wife asking a lot of questions. Some rather strange questions at that. "How long do you want to stay in the UK?".....it was a settlement visa. "Why didn't we inform British immigration of name changes?" We were living in Thailand. Next time we must do so. (?) "Is there anything you'd like to say to the Immigration officers?"....... "You have to wait until next week for an answer"....

We here are totally mystified. We've been married 10 years, funds are no problem, nice house in the New Forest.....WTH.

Regards.

Applied for fiance VISA under the new rules on 16/7/12 and received an email today stating

"UNCLASSIFIED: The UK Border Agency in Bangkok has made a decision on your visa application:"

Obviously not content with the eight weeks of suspence, they dont hint at the decision and say we must wait an addition four, long, nervous working days to collect our documents from the embassy in Phnom Penh. No contact from them since the application, but I think I had all bases covered. Fingers crossed, its going to be a long slow week ahead.

Just to add, for those wondering, the email had instructions for waiting times for Thai, Cambodian and Vietnamese application collections, so I guess email is the earliest indication of progress. I couldnt get the online application tracker to do anything other than constantly autoreload the webpage, without actually displaying any information.

Im guessing this is a standard email notification and nothing should be read into it regarding the outcome of the decision?

Edited by rostifa

So I've noticed, if you get an email stating your visa is ready for collection in 2 days, your visa has been issued.

In my case it was a simple ready for collection, and sadly it was a refusal.

He wasn't told that the "visa is ready for collection", he was told that "a decision has been made". That means no more than that, they will have to retrieve the package to ascertain the result.

Notification came this morning. Refused.

From the reasons given, I'm just wondering who's application they looked at, 'cause it sure couldn't have been ours.

Just a little point, we included a notarised copy (stamped by a solicitor) of Mortgage/lein free house deeds for a 5 bedroom house. They replied..." There is however, no evidence to establish that your proposed accommodation is suitable, or that your presence would not lead to overcrowding".

They've taken old bank books (Thai) of mine, that we included as proof towards my being in Thailand for the last 10 years and used these as proof of income.(1 account closed in 2008 with 0.51 baht in it) All recent letters from British banks, seem to have been totally ignored.

These people are on drugs.

Regards.

If you are happy to post the whole refusal notice (covering up or refusing identifying details such as name and address) it is easier for people to give a more informed answer!

There are professionals as well as experienced 'amateurs' able to give quite detailed advice (free!!) if the exact wording of the refusal notice is posted.

Not trying to userp the moderators but you will get more advice if you start a new thread.

It sounds from what you have said that the refusal could be overturned but without the fine print it is difficult to be sure!!!

Notification came this morning. Refused.

From the reasons given, I'm just wondering who's application they looked at, 'cause it sure couldn't have been ours.

Just a little point, we included a notarised copy (stamped by a solicitor) of Mortgage/lein free house deeds for a 5 bedroom house. They replied..." There is however, no evidence to establish that your proposed accommodation is suitable, or that your presence would not lead to overcrowding".

They've taken old bank books (Thai) of mine, that we included as proof towards my being in Thailand for the last 10 years and used these as proof of income.(1 account closed in 2008 with 0.51 baht in it) All recent letters from British banks, seem to have been totally ignored.

These people are on drugs.

Regards.

I assume that this was a settlement application ? Under the old or new rules ?

Is it possible for you to post the refusal notice ( but remove names and personal details first ).

Do you intend to appeal ?