Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Hudson75, thats great news and thanks for posting.

I spoke with my solicitor the other day to discuss the process and ask why some takes longer than others. I will try to list a couple of things that she noted;

Although Hudson has his visa back in 9 weeks, it doesnt mean that others will achieve theirs within the same time frame. Just looking at the person checking your evidence could determine the speed of the process. If the person is new and is obviously slower then yours may get held up, the evidence that you have given may not be as clear as others or clear as they feel is needed, then further investigations is needed, everyone is slightly different. I would like to also remind those that checkers only have a period of time to check an applicant before it is passed through to the next stage. Remember, its not easy for them to know how serious a couple are about each other, they have been given a check list and its their aim to complete the check list as best as they can. The check list will have priority as well as secondary requirements. those priority would be things such as accommodation and financial evidence.

Having a solicitor/ legal representative can make a huge difference. First of all, your representative writes a final letter detailing to the authority that the person applying for the visa has offered all evidence required and it is legally their right to be granted the visa. They will then list under the sections of the British law why it would be unfair and unjust to decline the visa. When people are willing to invest in solicitors it would indicate that the applicant or in most cases, the husband to the applicant is very serious about relocating back to Britain or where ever they are going.

Thirdly I think its important to note that although this process is very serious for us, this is of course business for UKBA. Why would you want to take priority over the other visa applicants who are applying for a tourist visa for example when the evidence is much more simple and overal the risks are much lower. For anyone not serious, this visa process is a huge deterant for some people as the processs is not the easiest. This is not coming from my solicitor, this is my opinion. If you calculated the total amount of tourists etc, the cash total would far exceed the spouse visa applicants. It would be their priority to complete a tourist visa as quickly as possible.

As Bangkok are now taking applicants from many countries in Asia, those applying from other countries are having to wait for the passport to be sent back to the country where applied from. I don't know what kind of method or process they take to send back to the original country. For example, does there have to be a wait until all applicants for that month are ready or do they send the applicants visa/ passport and evidence as soon as it has been processed. If this is the case, it could be very expensive for UKBA which is doubt would be something they would be willing to negotiate with. On the positive point to this, applicants are applying randomly.

When we handed in our visa application, we had to note whether my wife had been to the UK on any other visa. Does this also make any difference with the applicant, I would say yes it does have some effect. It would certainly give the checker a better understanding of how serious you are. I know this because we wasn't going to add it as we were in a rush but the lady behind the counter advised us because of this simple reason.

Once again, congrats to Hudson75, the stress is now over.

Edited by BarneyRubble

Seen rhe visa today all approved good job all... may I just say again big big thanks to paul and ying and all at thai visa express top notch service and would recommend to anyone... many thanks ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Seen rhe visa today all approved good job all... may I just say again big big thanks to paul and ying and all at thai visa express top notch service and would recommend to anyone... many thanks ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

congratulations to you both.

We submitted my wifes and her sons visa on 11th October, she is pregnant now also with our first child together, so we need to have the visa returned by no later than the start of Jan to ensure she can fly as can't fly after 7 months pregnant, if visa dosent come back in time, she will have to have the baby in Thai, then reapply again most likely as the visa departure would expire so then paying 3 settlement visa and 3 agency fees again so hopefully it will be back soon

The visas will be valid for 33 months, and your wife and her sons can first use them to move to the UK at any time during their validity.

To be time qualified for the next stage, they need to have lived in the UK for at least 30 months.

So as long as they arrive in the UK no more than 3 months after their visas' commencement date, they will be fine.

However, if their departure is delayed for more than 3 months, then rather than apply for new visas in Thailand it would be cheaper to use the visas they already have and when these expire apply for an extension (FLR) in the UK to make up the missing time.

Current FLR fees are £578 for the main applicant (your wife) plus £433 for each child if applying by post, £953 and £808 per child if you felt the need to apply in person.

Even if you did reapply in Thailand, why would you need to use an agent again? Simply update the information in the previous application and explain why they are applying again.

Edited to add link.

Edited by 7by7

The visas will be valid for 33 months, and your wife and her sons can first use them to move to the UK at any time during their validity.

To be time qualified for the next stage, they need to have lived in the UK for at least 30 months.

So as long as they arrive in the UK no more than 3 months after their visas' commencement date, they will be fine.

However, if their departure is delayed for more than 3 months, then rather than apply for new visas in Thailand it would be cheaper to use the visas they already have and when these expire apply for an extension (FLR) in the UK to make up the missing time.

Current FLR fees are £578 for the main applicant (your wife) plus £433 for each child if applying by post, £953 and £808 per child if you felt the need to apply in person.

Even if you did reapply in Thailand, why would you need to use an agent again? Simply update the information in the previous application and explain why they are applying again.

Edited to add link.

Thanks for the information

the 30 months in the UK is this permanent i.e. say we visa family in Thailand for 3 weeks will this be deducted from the 30 months

30 months is the residency period to qualify for the next stage and it's 30 months in total, time is not added on if they temporarily leave the UK for holidays etc.

Once they have lived in the UK for 30 months they apply for FLR, which will last a further 30 months; making 5 years in total. At the end of this 5 years they apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, called 'Settlement' by the Home Office, which once granted means, as the name suggests, they can live in the UK indefinitely.

They will be allowed out of the UK during this 5 years and there is no fixed limit on how long for or how often. However, at each application stage they will need to show that they are UK residents; which may be difficult to do if they've spent more time in Thailand than in the UK!

Submitted application on 19-09-2013 and today recieved email from Embassy stating the application decision has been made (9 weeks today). Will have to wait until documents delivered to know 100% if recieved visa or not. Fingers crossed.

Regards,

Pat

• Like 2

Submitted application on 19-09-2013 and today recieved email from Embassy stating the application decision has been made (9 weeks today). Will have to wait until documents delivered to know 100% if recieved visa or not. Fingers crossed.

Regards,

Pat

Wife Thai, also submitted in BKK.

Only 6 1/2 weeks since we submitted but the wait is agonising - the closer it gets to xmas the more the flights are on the up, based on above result times of 9 weeks we should hear on the 13th December

Ours was only submitted recently but I'm going to try and put it out my head for at least 6-8 weeks as I very much doubt anything will happen before then. As for flights around Xmas/New Year, they always bump the prices up around then, par for the course. Hope you hear soon and good luck!

Only 6 1/2 weeks since we submitted but the wait is agonising - the closer it gets to xmas the more the flights are on the up, based on above result times of 9 weeks we should hear on the 13th December

I mankinoon,

Can you tell me where you are applied from and the date? We applied on the 9th of October but from Myanmar, so it would be of interest to see whether you receive your documents back.

Ours was only submitted recently but I'm going to try and put it out my head for at least 6-8 weeks as I very much doubt anything will happen before then. As for flights around Xmas/New Year, they always bump the prices up around then, par for the course. Hope you hear soon and good luck!

Hi

11th October in BK

I mankinoon,

Can you tell me where you are applied from and the date? We applied on the 9th of October but from Myanmar, so it would be of interest to see whether you receive your documents back.

Hi

We submitted ours on the 11th October in BKK, its just the being kept in the dark bit, when you look at the tracking just says sent to embassy, would be useful if they said if it was in process, or still just sat there. Some one told me it only takes jet as long to process settlement as it does for a tourist visa

I mankinoon,

Hi

We submitted ours on the 11th October in BKK, its just the being kept in the dark bit, when you look at the tracking just says sent to embassy, would be useful if they said if it was in process, or still just sat there. Some one told me it only takes jet as long to process settlement as it does for a tourist visa

Hi,

Just read my reply this morning from last night, had a little bit to drink last night :). Mankinoon, you can at least look at when yours is processed, we only have one option and thats to wait for the embassy to call my wife. I know how disorganised they can be not to mention the phone coverage where she is, so it doesn't put me in much faith towards them. We are just 2 days different so thats helpful.

Gutted - always had in my head 7 weeks processing time, however 7 weeks pass's today an no change on the tracking web site, looks like another 2 weeks hopefully then to tie in with the current 9 week turn around

In addition now the problems now in BKK the protesters have today surrounded the USA embassy only a matter of time before the UK which will put a stop to all processing