Air Asia Not Too Good.

they are a cheapo airline not a quality airline.....

Fly Malaysian Air or Thai Air if you want quality....

I always thought all the male cabin staff are gay.....

H90, the word is Homosexual, not Gay, and this quote is not being Homophobic, just the truth.

...maybe this thread should be moved to the GAY forum

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have opted not to travel on Air Asia because I would expect this type of service from an airline that has no concern for passengers. I would reclassify them from low cost to low class.

I think you'll find that Air Asia are a very professional and well-run organisation, which is why they are so successful. They probably work to satisfy their customers, rather than the people who would rather travel on a different air line.

I got a bit fed up with them, the first few times I travelled, because the flight was regularly an hour late. But no other air line offered a flight from where I was to where I wanted to go at the time that I wanted to travel, so I continued to use them. And their prices are the same or lower than other competing air lines, and they've always got me to where I wanted to go, which is better than I can say for any other airline I have regularly used except for Cathay Pacific. I can't remember when Thai let me down, but I am sure it has happened. Singapore, BA, Emirates have all let me down - though I suppose their itineraries were often not so simple...

Anway, I will probably be on line tonight after the rugby for their (AA) sale, to try and save a few thousand baht as well...

SC

H90, the word is Homosexual, not Gay, and this quote is not being Homophobic, just the truth.

A couple of very good friends of mine are gay, one male and female, the term gay is one they use on a frequent basis and an expression they use with pride.

A couple of very good friends of mine are gay, one male and female, the term gay is one they use on a frequent basis and an expression they use with pride.

That was the point King Canute was trying to make. It doesn't matter whether you are a King or whatever; whether you are right or whatever. The tide will come in and language will change, whether we like it or not.

And whether we would like silver service on our aeroplane, and an air-conditioned linkway to our aircraft, the fact of the matter is that Air Asia can provide more flights at more convenient times and at lower cost by sacrificing some of those things, and customers value cost, route and schedule more highly, which is why they are so successful, and if one is not happy, then one will have to retreat before the red tide or get immersed in it, but all the whinging in the world won't turn it back.

SC

SC

Anyway, I will probably be on line tonight after the rugby for their (AA) sale, to try and save a few thousand baht as well...

As will I, I will be the one trying to beat you to all the best bargains,

I wish you luck.

I have flown Air Asia dozens of times and while it ain't Singapore Air, I have never experienced something like that.

I would register a complaint.

Me too. Have flown AirAsia out of SIngapore and within Thailand many times, and never a significant problem. Same with JetStar. Tiger, on the other hand, is almost always late, so I will only use them as a last resort.

Wonder if this experience is unique to the KL-BKK route and how the Malaysia operation is run... or maybe just a pair of 'bad apples' on the flight

Malaysian male Steward flirting with Thai ladies ??....maybe it was an Air Asia flight ( AK ) Malaysian company and not Thai Air Asia (FD ) Thai company.

Both Air Asia ( AK ) and Thai Air Asia ( FD ) fly to KL from Bangkok. Airplanes paint jobs almost identical but no Thai language on the Malaysian planes and Malaysian flag painted near from of airplanes.and country registration is different. HS-xxxx for Thai planes 9M-xxxx for Malaysian planes.

Malaysian male Steward flirting with Thai ladies ??....maybe it was an Air Asia flight ( AK ) Malaysian company and not Thai Air Asia (FD ) Thai company.

Both Air Asia ( AK ) and Thai Air Asia ( FD ) fly to KL from Bangkok. Airplanes paint jobs almost identical but no Thai language on the Malaysian planes and Malaysian flag painted near from of airplanes.and country registration is different. HS-xxxx for Thai planes 9M-xxxx for Malaysian planes.

Might have been.

Never thought about it.

Booked the ticket via Air Asia web sites.

I've flown AA a ton and never had a problem with the flight staff. But I have had problems with their customer service before, so I understand the OP's frustration that his complaint was ignored. I think they are expanding quickly as a business and doing a good job of it, but they really do need to hire a top-tier customer service pro to teach them how to handle customer queries and complaints in a more professional manner.

Anyway, I still use them every chance I get -- cheap and no frills works for me!

That was the point King Canute was trying to make. It doesn't matter whether you are a King or whatever; whether you are right or whatever. The tide will come in and language will change, whether we like it or not.

And whether we would like silver service on our aeroplane, and an air-conditioned linkway to our aircraft, the fact of the matter is that Air Asia can provide more flights at more convenient times and at lower cost by sacrificing some of those things, and customers value cost, route and schedule more highly, which is why they are so successful, and if one is not happy, then one will have to retreat before the red tide or get immersed in it, but all the whinging in the world won't turn it back.

SC

SC

Sing if you're proud to be gay, sing if you're happy that way.

http://airasiaannus.blogspot.com/

is a website for people that hate Air Asia. Join the club, compare the prices.

Something to keep on the 'back-burner'

I've on this forum been mainly in praise of A.A., but at the same time had a go at them at times as well.

Be interesting to see how the predictions that they are in 'trouble' play out.

Must say though with their recent sale, it was much easier to get onto and use their site.

Now, was this because they may have improved their I.T. systems due to previous complaints, or............Are people not using them as enthusiastically as before. I think in a couple of days of playing around with deals, I was only seconded to their 'Waiting Room' once! Whereas in the past sales it was a bloody pain to get a booking done in an hour sometimes.

Don't doubt that travel is down a tad at present due to the looming crisis in Europe and the probable fact that many are keeping their funds close to their chest, but it will be very interesting to look at Air Asia this time next year?

• 2 weeks later...

What is the flight number/date/time? Let's ask Air Asia for an explanation about their services. That is the best way to treat these hooligans.

Are you replying to a quote or OP or what, sorry don't get your drift !?

What is the flight number/date/time? Let's ask Air Asia for an explanation about their services. That is the best way to treat these hooligans.

Are you replying to a quote or OP or what, sorry don't get your drift !?

Yes, the OP should report this incident to Air Asia quoting the flight number/date/time - publicity of this nature any airline would avoid and will take some action, I am sure.

Sorry, for not been clear in the first instance.

Edited by ravip

I didn't catch the original reference to hooligans. I thought he was disappointed with service; I didn't think he encountered unruly o r violent behaviour.

I would strongly recommend that people who don't like Air Asia use other carriers, to minimise the risk of overbooking for me, and to maintain other options, should my needs change.

SC

I didn't catch the original reference to hooligans. I thought he was disappointed with service; I didn't think he encountered unruly o r violent behaviour.

I would strongly recommend that people who don't like Air Asia use other carriers, to minimise the risk of overbooking for me, and to maintain other options, should my needs change.

SC

Did not the flight attendants show arrogance in their behaviour?

It is not an issue with 'people who dont like AA' - it is the attitude of the staff towards their pax.

The part about the male cabin crew being heterosexual and flirting with Thai ladies during the flight is unbelievable, so this invalidates your story.

Huh??

Are you Outing all male cabin crew in AirAsia?

Ladyboys love to chat up normal/real females anyway, makes them feel like "one of the girls".

This OP's encounters are not that bad.

Mine worse:

1) Airport tax owing to me not refunded, finally they said they don't have my refund application and it's over 6 months, so no refund.

2) My dad's trip cancelled due to medical reason. Emailed to them, never reply. Must online chat only. Made 3 trips to their KL office and each time tell me something new needed.

3) All refunds, regardless of your fault or theirs(flight change of more than 60 mins), NO money refund. Only credit refund which you must spend within 3 months.

Wonder who reward them for best budget airline of the year.

Some will say, "You get what you pay for" or "No one force you to fly with them". Typical Malaysian replies.

They are right.

SC

Did not the flight attendants show arrogance in their behaviour?

It is not an issue with 'people who dont like AA' - it is the attitude of the staff towards their pax.

Maybe the staff also don't like AirAsia or it's his last month's job, thus the behaviour.

Whatever the reasons, I will not blame the staffs, but the top. There is a Chinese saying that sounds like "If the top is not right, everything below is not balance".

3) All refunds, regardless of your fault or theirs(flight change of more than 60 mins), NO money refund. Only credit refund which you must spend within 3 months.

They refunded me by payment to my credit card.

That is only if they cancel the flight or change time of more than 2 hours. For less than 2 hours change or refund of airport tax due to missed flights, they don't refund money, which I think is not fair.

That is only if they cancel the flight or change time of more than 2 hours. For less than 2 hours change or refund of airport tax due to missed flights, they don't refund money, which I think is not fair.

You could try negotiating different terms and conditions when you buy a ticket

SC

Well they certainly refunded my airport tax to my credit card, and there was no deduction.