Air Asia Not Too Good.

I lost all my fate in AirAsia on the day of the huge flooding in Hat Yai in Nov 2010. I had 2 tickets to HatYai and a return journey from Krabi a few days after that. On that particular morning we went to the airport to try to reschedule our journey as Hat Yai was under 1-2 metres of water, and that time it was still rising. There was no transportation between the town and the airport for almost 2 days.

The previous day we made phonecalls to the Airasia helpline what was nothing more than an appalling experience, as we were told to fly, no problem, but to hire big trucks that can wade through the floodwaters and transports us to Hat Yai from the airport. Shocking. The staff didnt even have the clue how serious the situation was on those days.

Then, at the airport at the Airasia desk, I had also been offered a credit refund that must be used within 3 months but did not include the second leg of our journey as it was not affected by flooding.

The only little problem was, that I was gonna go back to Europe and had no time to fly back to validate their generous offer. I was gonna give up and about to go back to the hotel when the lady at the desk called my name and presented an offer, saying had spoken to their head office, I was allowed to change my flight out but pay the extra. I said fine, where can I fly in the south? The offer was, Trang, Krabi, Surat Thani, I liked it so I asked for the price that turned out 5000 baht for 2 persons one way after the deduction of the cost of my BKK - Hat Yai ticket. What a great offer. sad.png So I changed our tickets to Krabi, and stayed there some more days and took a van to visit the family in Hat Yai a couple of days later. And just to make me more angry, the Krabi bound flight was about 60-70 % full. They had a lot of vacant seats in it but sold the tickets for almost 3000 minus the deduction.

And just to make the story even more interesting, the natural disaster forced the AirAsia to cancel the flights to Hat Yai for the rest of the day and the following day. I sent an e-mail to their head office as that is the only way of any enquiries, asking them why the helpline staff was so inefficient and unhelpful and and gave me silly advice about my flight and why we couldn't get any fairer options; but I am still waiting for their replies. They must be very busy handling a lof of enquiries.

This is just one of my excellent stories with Air Asia, I wish I had written and recordered all these.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost all my fate in AirAsia on the day of the huge flooding in Hat Yai in Nov 2010. I had 2 tickets to HatYai and a return journey from Krabi a few days after that. On that particular morning we went to the airport to try to reschedule our journey as Hat Yai was under 1-2 metres of water, and that time it was still rising. There was no transportation between the town and the airport for almost 2 days.

The previous day we made phonecalls to the Airasia helpline what was nothing more than an appalling experience, as we were told to fly, no problem, but to hire big trucks that can wade through the floodwaters and transports us to Hat Yai from the airport. Shocking. The staff didnt even have the clue how serious the situation was on those days.

Then, at the airport at the Airasia desk, I had also been offered a credit refund that must be used within 3 months but did not include the second leg of our journey as it was not affected by flooding.

The only little problem was, that I was gonna go back to Europe and had no time to fly back to validate their generous offer. I was gonna give up and about to go back to the hotel when the lady at the desk called my name and presented an offer, saying had spoken to their head office, I was allowed to change my flight out but pay the extra. I said fine, where can I fly in the south? The offer was, Trang, Krabi, Surat Thani, I liked it so I asked for the price that turned out 5000 baht for 2 persons one way after the deduction of the cost of my BKK - Hat Yai ticket. What a great offer. sad.png So I changed our tickets to Krabi, and stayed there some more days and took a van to visit the family in Hat Yai a couple of days later. And just to make me more angry, the Krabi bound flight was about 60-70 % full. They had a lot of vacant seats in it but sold the tickets for almost 3000 minus the deduction.

And just to make the story even more interesting, the natural disaster forced the AirAsia to cancel the flights to Hat Yai for the rest of the day and the following day. I sent an e-mail to their head office as that is the only way of any enquiries, asking them why the helpline staff was so inefficient and unhelpful and and gave me silly advice about my flight and why we couldn't get any fairer options; but I am still waiting for their replies. They must be very busy handling a lof of enquiries.

This is just one of my excellent stories with Air Asia, I wish I had written and recordered all these.

They are simply unscrupulous. They won't reply e-mails. After 6 months, they will tell you your rights expired.

Been with them many times and recent flip fro CM to Bangkok for 20 quid was spot on.

No luggage so computer check in easy and by the time you grab a newspaper and a couple of beers in departure its offski and Suwanna 60 minutes later.

About 2 years ago we had a cancellation.

I had brought some of my Thai builders up from Sam Prakan so we spent the next hour or so in the restaurant across from the terminal where just by co-incidence Heinekin were having a big promo ..lots of young etc...

Food was good and our happy bunch got away on the last flight...no complaints

Last time i flew with them a couple of months ago we landed normally at Swampy (wasn't a hard landing, normal imo) and as the pilot used the rev thrust and braked the cockpit door flew open! So much for security! Dolly bird sheepihsly got up and pulled it shut again.

Aren't those things supposed to locked and able to withstand a ton of force and bullets?!?

Quite worrying,

Last time i flew with them a couple of months ago we landed normally at Swampy (wasn't a hard landing, normal imo) and as the pilot used the rev thrust and braked the cockpit door flew open! So much for security! Dolly bird sheepihsly got up and pulled it shut again.

Aren't those things supposed to locked and able to withstand a ton of force and bullets?!?

Quite worrying,

Calm down!

What could possibly go wrong?

It'll be fine - don't worry.

Anyway - worse things happen at sea

SC

Quite worrying,

Yes, they are. It is quite a routine on AirAisa planes that the cockpit door opens so as the staff keeps going in an out. Great security a la Air Asia. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Quite worrying,

It's a B&Q plane, what do you expect, if you want better you must upgrade to a M&S ride.coffee1.gif

they are a cheapo airline not a quality airline.....

Fly Malaysian Air or Thai Air if you want quality....

I always thought all the male cabin staff are gay.....

H90, the word is Homosexual, not Gay, and this quote is not being Homophobic, just the truth.

A couple of very good friends of mine are gay, one male and female, the term gay is one they use on a frequent basis and an expression they use with pride.

Yes, Possum is invited to get his head past the 1960's. By the mid-70's "gay" was an accepted term to describe same-sex orientation.

They are simply unscrupulous. They won't reply e-mails. After 6 months, they will tell you your rights expired.

I would expect an email reply from British Airlines, Lufthansa, Delta, United, etc. regarding a complaint.

But from a low-budget Asian discount airline's Thai division? Head office in KL even? Get real! whistling.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What actually pissed me off was the fact they never replied to my complaint.

Of course, cheap stuff is what it is......cheap stuff.

I don't consider Air Asia cheap anymore.

4 years ago I regularly traveled from CM to BK ,the price was about 1,350B return. Now booking in the same time frame (2-3 weeks before departure) the price I checked this morning was 4,900. I also noticed that they have just increased the cost for 15k of luggage from 201 baht to 300.

My son in the UK just booked tickets from London to Prague and he paid 65GBP (approx 3,200 baht) and the distance is further than from CM to BK by half again, so it really does make AA look expensive nowadays

I regret to say that cheap air fares in Thailand are fast becoming a thing of the past unless you book so far in advance that you risk losing the flight if your circumstances change 9 months down the line. I lost a trip to Macau last year because I was unwell, the only refund they gave me was the airport tax.

I am going to the UK soon and refuse to pay over 10k for flights (which would include heavier bags) for myself and my wife so I will drive down the day before the flight, visit my family in BK and save myself 6,500 baht.

I've always used AA in the past but they are just getting too dear,so driving is the way to go as far as I am concerned from now on, unless its an absolute emergency.