Stand Up Pools

aneliane

I'm getting hot and dream of getting a pool

I rent my house and the possible space is not huge, ie 3m or 3.5m wide top

For that kind of width, you get about 80cm high of water

But I just have the feeling the water might get hot very quickly which would be defeating the point.

Anyone has one ?

Cheers

I understand you're feeling.

The first May I spent in Bangkok I used to spend hours in the bathroom under the cold shower.

Don't worry, after a while you will get use to it.

Edited by JurgenG

Depending on where you live, there is likely a proper pool close by, ask around your neighborhood.

A housing development around the corner near me charges B40, stay as long as you like, only problem is when schools use it in the afternoon, gets pretty raucous, but personally I enjoy that, give impromptu English lessons to my kids' friends in the corner. Mornings are very civilized though.

Sneaky method: pack a small bag (or in your case a large purse) with a towel and bathers, walk confidently into your nearest fancy hotel, head for the bathroom near the pool and jump in. If you get asked by the staff what room you're in, just say you're early for an appointment, meeting someone in the lobby and just as confidently change back into street clothes and go sit in the A/C lobby for a little while before leaving. Just don't go to the same place more than once a week or so and you'll be fine.

There's a beautifully maintained but unused pool at the top of an office building on Sathorn, used to have a health club but it closed down, but there's absolutely no one supervising anything so if you know about it a whole group could come in off the street and use it for a private party. I'm not posting where it is publicly, don't want to spoil it for my family and friends. . .

I don't understand why the OP says that because the swimming pool would be small (3x3,5) it can only be 80 cm deep? Maybe I didn't understand it correctly.

Anyway, the water will get hot even in bigger and deeper pools, but that is only during a few days/weeks a year.

The suggestion of finding somewhere that allows access to a pool paying per use or monthly is a good idea.

I'm getting hot and dream of getting a pool

I rent my house and the possible space is not huge, ie 3m or 3.5m wide top

For that kind of width, you get about 80cm high of water

But I just have the feeling the water might get hot very quickly which would be defeating the point.

Anyone has one ?

Cheers

I am pleased you have given up on all that nonsense about living a simple life, spending all your money on stray dogs, saving the environment by saving electricity, etc

Not sure why you think the pool can only be 80cm deep; do you have something buried in the garden below that level that you would prefer not to disturb?

• Like 1

i think she means free-standing or above ground pool, but i may be wrong. Besides, the worst is over.

this one is 3.5 in diameter and 90 cm deep

family%203.png

yes something like this

would it become just like a soup, very quickly?

^ From above ^

If you have it chlorinated ... then no.

Sunlight breaks down the Chlorine quickly and if kept inside then the Chlorine does evaporate ... but not as quickly as if in the full sun.

Oh ... a salt water pool still uses the 'Chlorine' action, but they do that by 'converting' the salt, without going into a technicial explaination.

• 2 weeks later...

No sorry I want my own even if it's small.

Buy a big water vase,Thais use it for drinking water.Tap at the bottom to water garden once a week.No swimming,but it gets the core body heat down.Be prepared to be called kee niaw,but what else is new,works for me.700 baht.