Thailand Needs Cricket

Thanks kevjohn ... it all comes down to planning.

I actually do not joke when I say the 'figurative drawers' are full.

When I see something I want I salt it away for use when I need it.

So, I have enough Promotional Material to use until BookMan returns and I can go back to being the 12th man.

We need you in the first XI

Thailand needs you

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I have enough Promotional Material to use until BookMan returns and I can go back to being the 12th man.

Thailand needs you

You are very kind ... but I'm a man of honour ... of my word.

So when I say that I will step down ...

But I will do my utmost to leave the thread in the best condition possible.

yeah, man...cucumber sandwiches and pretentions of civilization in white flannels is too much to bear...

Sorry for referring back to this post, but I do believe tutsiwarrior should learn all the rules of this noble game.

yeah, man...cucumber sandwiches and pretentions of civilization in white flannels is too much to bear...

Sorry for referring back to this post, but I do believe tutsiwarrior should learn all the rules of this noble game.

Yes tutsiwarrior should know it is alright now to prance about the field in pretty pastel colours....it is not bowls.....now thats an idea for a threadbiggrin.png

Edited by harrry

Yes tutsiwarrior should know it is alright now to prance about the field in pretty pastel colours....it is not bowls.....now thats an idea for a threadbiggrin.png

well...yeah...I haveta admit that a lot more folks get excited about cricket than american baseball but they are both ball games and meant to entertain and so what? it's basically a spectacle and who cares about the rules?

but, consider; the bowler and the wild flailing of arm and legs before delivery and then there is the american pitcher on the mound just cool and spitting tobacco juice with men on base and high drama...the appeal of both is separate and distinct...

but I like the hot dogs and beer and the rousing chorus of 'take me out to the ball game' at the 5th inning and one feels part of a great american tradition...with cricket you got aussies, pakistanis, bangladeshis and etc. all considering each other warily...and then there is nationalism and xenophobia and etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

well...yeah...I haveta admit that a lot more folks get excited about cricket than american baseball but they are both ball games and meant to entertain and so what? it's basically a spectacle and who cares about the rules?

but, consider; the bowler and the wild flailing of arm and legs before delivery and then there is the american pitcher on the mound just cool and spitting tobacco juice with men on base and high drama...the appeal of both is separate and distinct...

but I like the hot dogs and beer and the rousing chorus of 'take me out to the ball game' at the 5th inning and one feels part of a great american tradition...with cricket you got aussies, pakistanis, bangladeshis and etc. all considering each other warily...and then there is nationalism and xenophobia and etc...

tutsiwarrior, if you like the hot dogs and beer and the rousing chorus of 'take me out to the ball game',

I'm sure the Boss could organize this song as the teams theme song, thus, making you feel quite at home with our ball game.

And.....no more waiting till the 5th innings before you hear it.

Edited by kevjohn

tutsiwarrior, if you like the hot dogs and beer and the rousing chorus of 'take me out to the ball game',

I'm sure the Boss could organize this song as the teams theme song, thus, making you feel quite at home with our ball game.

In fact we appoint you as head of the US BarmyArmy and you can sing it all the time and annoy everyone like the Pommie Barmy Army does. biggrin.png

well...then tutsi sinks into a latin american historical reverie...in excavations of ceremonial sites in mesoamerica they always found ball courts and it was a ceremonial game with viewing stands and etc and then the victors would charge across the pitch to murder and abuse the vanquished...

and I wondered did they have ceremonial anthems, grunts and shouts to accompany their triumph?...I sat around with my history instructor Mary and we pondered...

not much has changed in 700 years...

well...then tutsi sinks into a latin american historical reverie...in excavations of ceremonial sites in mesoamerica they always found ball courts and it was a ceremonial game with viewing stands and etc and then the victors would charge across the pitch to murder and abuse the vanquished...

and I wondered did they have ceremonial anthems, grunts and shouts to accompany their triumph?...I sat around with my history instructor Mary and we pondered...

We do it a little different now....we send a vestal virgin or a strapping nude lad to streak across the field and the local constrabulary tries to catch them and cover the evidence with a helmet.

Never mind...you will catch on.

We do it a little different now....we send a vestal virgin or a strapping nude lad to streak across the field and the local constrabulary tries to catch them and cover the evidence with a helmet.

Never mind...you will catch on.

Yeah tutsiwarrior, the secret is all in the "Catch" or "is it the helmet?"

Edited by kevjohn

This is a trainee umpire/

His grin suggests he didn't like the batsman much...

I always thought he was evil... makes a nice burger though...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

In fact we appoint you as head of the US BarmyArmy and you can sing it all the time and annoy everyone like the Pommie Barmy Army does. biggrin.png

England Barmy Army!

England Barmy Army!

England Barmy Army!

England Barmy Army!

England Barmy Army!

Thailand needs you

You are very kind ... but I'm a man of honour ... of my word.

So when I say that I will step down ...

But I will do my utmost to leave the thread in the best condition possible.

Nothing honourable about retiring your innings when you aren't even injured!...

You are batting beautifully and should continue to pile on the runs...

Please can you remind us what is the difference between baseball and rounders?... except that rounders requires bigger balls...

A 5th innings?...

That is a good idea...

Here is something to debate whilst we wait for tutsiwarrior to entertain us with his rendition of 'take me out to the ball game'

Now moving along re “Thailand's potential” once cricket becomes the national sport.

The way I see it, with cricket being the National Sport, it will be integrated into the Thai way of life.

When this is achieved, then the Thai society will blend into "ONE BIG TEAM", thus eradicating all the negatives that exist now.

This means that the person at the bottom of the ladder will be able to climb to the top, thus, relegating the person at the top of the ladder to the bottom of the ladder.

Having achieved these higher positions, these people will in turn, raise the people in the positions below them to higher positions.

Again, this in turn, will relegate the people who have risen to these higher positions back to the lower positions.

Now, this rotation of people rising from the lower position to the top positions and then being relegated back to the lower positions, will create a steady stream of people wishing to raise themselves from these low positions to the top positions and in so doing will create a constant desire to better oneself both financially and in self-esteem, which will eliminate the problem of “Losing Face” as everyone will have suffered this “Losing Face” due to the fact that they have been relegated from the highest position to the lowest position, at some stage in their life.

So, having analysed this information, I believe that this would be one of the great potentials achieved by Thailand once cricket has become Thailand’s national sport.

Just my thoughts........smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

'Please can you remind us what is the difference between baseball and rounders?... except that rounders requires bigger balls...

well....you know...one can be intimidated by 100mph fast balls fired from the pitcher when at bat...and that baseball players are badassed mofos with tobacco juice and hickory bats with attitude...and they never heard of a goddam cucumber sandwich...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

'Please can you remind us what is the difference between baseball and rounders?... except that rounders requires bigger balls...

well....you know...one can be intimidated by 100mph fast balls fired from the pitcher when at bat...and that baseball players are badassed mofos with tobacco juice and hickory bats with attitude...and they never heard of a goddam cucumber sandwich...

...and all the fielders wear wicketkeeper's gloves so they don't break a nail when they catch the ball...

Here is something to debate whilst we wait for tutsiwarrior to entertain us with his rendition of 'take me out to the ball game'

Now moving along re “Thailand's potential” once cricket becomes the national sport.

The way I see it, with cricket being the National Sport, it will be integrated into the Thai way of life.

When this is achieved, then the Thai society will blend into "ONE BIG TEAM", thus eradicating all the negatives that exist now.

This means that the person at the bottom of the ladder will be able to climb to the top, thus, relegating the person at the top of the ladder to the bottom of the ladder.

Having achieved these higher positions, these people will in turn, raise the people in the positions below them to higher positions.

Again, this in turn, will relegate the people who have risen to these higher positions back to the lower positions.

Now, this rotation of people rising from the lower position to the top positions and then being relegated back to the lower positions, will create a steady stream of people wishing to raise themselves from these low positions to the top positions and in so doing will create a constant desire to better oneself both financially and in self-esteem, which will eliminate the problem of “Losing Face” as everyone will have suffered this “Losing Face” due to the fact that they have been relegated from the highest position to the lowest position, at some stage in their life.

So, having analysed this information, I believe that this would be one of the great potentials achieved by Thailand once cricket has become Thailand’s national sport.

A very good and positive post.

Thought-provoking and insightful.

You are a master visionary.

Now moving along re "Thailand's potential" once cricket becomes the national sport.

Now, this rotation of people rising from the lower position to the top positions and then being relegated back to the lower positions, will create a steady stream of people wishing to raise themselves from these low positions to the top positions and in so doing will create a constant desire to better oneself both financially and in self-esteem, which will eliminate the problem of "Losing Face" as everyone will have suffered this "Losing Face" due to the fact that they have been relegated from the highest position to the lowest position, at some stage in their life.

So, having analysed this information, I believe that this would be one of the great potentials achieved by Thailand once cricket has become Thailand's national sport.

A very good and positive post.

Thought-provoking and insightful.

You are a master visionary.

I understand now we should push over all the ladders we find so the people can get to experience the change in position until they are all the same.

Man the battlements troops.

Edited by harrry