Thailand Needs Cricket

well I hope the mechanics are not as thick as one geologist I worked with.....read the toyota manual and saw hubs were to be be tighten to xx newton./ metre and loosened all the nuts to the the same in foot/pounds.......wondered why the wheel fell off.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably enough to keep me awake for another hour.

Lost count after I used up all me fingers.

good thing you didnt take your shoes off too count more....it isn't thailand there.

Too cold to take the shoes off. Only reason I could use me fingers was that I had gloves on and not mittens.

At the moment 2 degrees

oooooo sorry for you

I get cold when it gets to 20

Yeah.......Look at the temp in Non Thai

[

Too cold to take the shoes off. Only reason I could use me fingers was that I had gloves on and not mittens.

At the moment 2 degrees

oooooo sorry for you

Well you will be able to get back sometime soon I hope....Thailand Needs Cricket after all.

[

At the moment 2 degrees

oooooo sorry for you

Well you will be able to get back sometime soon I hope....Thailand Needs Cricket after all.

And I need Thailand, or at least the weather in Non Thai. Beaaaauuuuttttiiiiful.......clap2.gif

That forum has been running a bit cooler lately transam.....must have got the tyre pressure right.

One can hope. smile.png

I hope the tyre pressure of the drinks cart is up to standard

so do I

and the pressure of the coffee maker too....15 bar should do for that......and I do not mean a pub crawl

That forum has been running a bit cooler lately transam.....must have got the tyre pressure right.

One can hope. smile.png

Drinks cart? When did we get a drinks cart?

WIth a squirt of lemonade? That's just tops!

SC

One can hope. smile.png

SC

Must of been incorporated into the back of the Cheer Leaders bus but it's news to me.

Good Night all.

SC

Must of been incorporated into the back of the Cheer Leaders bus but it's news to me.

Good Night all.

If I'd known we had a drinks cart, I could have left the toucans at home

SC

SC

Good Night all.

SC

two cans......you are cutting down aren't you. smile.png

SC

Toucans on each knee; I lke exotic birds

SC

TV Cricket

The team with toucans for two knees

SC

Toucans on each knee; I lke exotic birds

SC

TV Cricket

The team with toucans for two knees

home blown cheerleaders on each knee will do me.

Well guys, have to call it a night.

Early rise in the morning to answer some important phone calls.

Hope these youngens respect their poor old dad.

Well batted again

Good night

Sweet dreams

Sleep well

Hope the bed bugs don't bite

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

SC

harrry ... I tip my hat ... I didn't pick up the subtly till your amplified it for me ... a reappraise might be in order.

One can hope. smile.png

Seems OK ... post-104736-0-02433700-1340578349_thumb.

For anyone interested, I had a flat in the car last week ... actually a valve problem.

When they replaced it I asked them how much air they put in the front of my passenger car ... the equivalent of say a Ford Mondeo from the UK ... 38 PSI was the reply.

Happy as larry with that as I usually run between 36 - 40 psi for longer tyre life and better fuel consumption ... though I admit the ride is a touch harsher.

Either that, or the picked up some decent maintenance people, from the "Thailand Needs Cricket" thread.

I hope that's not going to affect the performance of our roller

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

A bus, a coach, a coaches' bus, a roller, a pantechnicon for the double decker, a scooter, if I recall correctly...

AND CHEERLEADERS

SC, felt that tap ...

From a promotional aspect we did receive this ... post-104736-0-75109900-1340578772_thumb.

Great on style ... but worried that the hair might not be suitable for the open air Double Decker Supporters Bus?

Edited by David48

These 3 Lassies made a strong application however ...

post-104736-0-32407600-1340579492_thumb.

I had held them back for this reason ... We don't have a collective policy on visible tattoos.

Look again .. I missed the first time!

I was making sure that the Logo presented here looked very close to bkk, but it is actually blk ... shame.

So we do have a dilemma.

Tattoos are an integral part of Thai life, whether we like them or not.

We are trying to ingratiate Cricket into Thai Culture, but if we ban tattoos then it might be seen a restrictive policy.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

Dealing with the vital issues

Assuming that these ladies had the appropriate athletic ability and personality for being included in the CheerLeading Squad ...

post-104736-0-04358500-1340579955_thumb.

post-104736-0-95728800-1340579951_thumb.

post-104736-0-24271800-1340579950_thumb.

post-104736-0-76941100-1340579953_thumb.

... would any of these ladies pass muster?

Edited by David48

Assuming that these ladies had the appropriate athletic ability and personality for being included in the CheerLeading Squad ...

post-104736-0-04358500-1340579955_thumb.

post-104736-0-95728800-1340579951_thumb.

post-104736-0-24271800-1340579950_thumb.

post-104736-0-76941100-1340579953_thumb.

... would any of these ladies pass muster?

They would all be welcome at Edinburgh Castle any time

SC

TV Cricket

with tattoos for the militarily-minded

And two knees for the birds to perch on

I had held them back for this reason ... We don't have a collective policy on visible tattoos.

I was making sure that the Logo presented here looked very close to bkk, but it is actually blk ... shame.

So we do have a dilemma.

We are trying to ingratiate Cricket into Thai Culture, but if we ban tattoos then it might be seen a restrictive policy.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

As the tyre pressure seems OK on the drink cart have these 3 lassies been nominated as the drink cart staff?

So we do have a dilemma.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

Yes tattoos are indeed a divisive issue.

On the one hand, a tattoo could also be seen a label of bravery (I certainly would never do get one) and of course bravery helps a batsman to deal with short balls. A bowler bowling to a batsman with a tattoo may feel worried that the batsman has no fear and hence will ball a standard line and length bowl through fear that a more attacking ball could be hit for a boundary. Likewise, if a bowler with tattoos on his arms (or even face) was running in to bowl, most batsman would (or at least I would) be more inclined to poo in one's pants that when a bowler without a tattoo is coming into bowl. The fear that could be engendered upon the opposition could well contribute to success. Famous cricketers with tattoos such as Kevin Pietersen are an example of this phenomenon.

On the other hand, a tattoo could be seen as a sign of reckless or rebellious attitude, neither of which are generally considered suitable attributes for a cricketer. Having a tattoo could encourage a batsman to try to hit balls pitched outside off to the leg side (as Kevin Pietersen) does. Likewise, a bowler with a tattoos (or tattoos) may bowl excessively short pitched deliveries and become expensive (in terms of run-rate).

Overall, I think tattoos should be permitted but not encouraged for cricketers.

Whether non-playing members of the cricket club should be allowed tattoos will require further thought.

So we do have a dilemma.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

On the one hand, a tattoo could also be seen a label of bravery (I certainly would never do get one) and of course bravery helps a batsman to deal with short balls. A bowler bowling to a batsman with a tattoo may feel worried that the batsman has no fear and hence will ball a standard line and length bowl through fear that a more attacking ball could be hit for a boundary. Likewise, if a bowler with tattoos on his arms (or even face) was running in to bowl, most batsman would (or at least I would) be more inclined to poo in one's pants that when a bowler without a tattoo is coming into bowl. The fear that could be engendered upon the opposition could well contribute to success. Famous cricketers with tattoos such as Kevin Pietersen are an example of this phenomenon.

On the other hand, a tattoo could be seen as a sign of reckless or rebellious attitude, neither of which are generally considered suitable attributes for a cricketer. Having a tattoo could encourage a batsman to try to hit balls pitched outside off to the leg side (as Kevin Pietersen) does. Likewise, a bowler with a tattoos (or tattoos) may bowl excessively short pitched deliveries and become expensive (in terms of run-rate).

Whether non-playing members of the cricket club should be allowed tattoos will require further thought.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/23/royal-ascot-tattoo-ladies-debate?INTCMP=SRCH

They do not seem too popular at Ascot.

So we do have a dilemma.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

http://www.guardian....ate?INTCMP=SRCH

Never in the members stand at the MCC

So we do have a dilemma.

Thoughts ...

May I SC ...

THAI VISA CRICKET

http://www.guardian....ate?INTCMP=SRCH

Never in the members stand at the MCC

Maybe on their bum cheeks...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hummm ... it appears that the more prolific run makers boycotted the tattoo balls delivered and let them go through to the keeper with nary a change in batting stance ... apart from the vital protection of their stumps.

Of course there was always the drinks break ... ermm.gif

Before BookMan returns to the crease, I would like to discuss one more issue.

What if the attempt, despite our good efforts Thailand decides that it really doesn't need nor want Cricket?

What would be the outcome then?

They experimented, they embraced, enjoyed then ultimately rejected the game (there's a metaphor in there kevjohn) ... whistling.gif

So what would Thailand do with these new found skills and now unusable equipment?

post-104736-0-51639200-1340658575_thumb.

Would it look like this?

EDIT:- Nice to see a healthy buffalo at work!

Edited by David48