Thailand Needs Cricket

If anyone is just joining this thread, please don't be shy to participate... if you are feeling particularly brave, I challenge you to identify a problem with Thailand that cannot be fixed by cricket...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Sorry to but in before our new members post, but I had a catastrophic problem with my ISP Pigeon courier……..broke wing sad.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone is just joining this thread, please don't be shy to participate... if you are feeling particularly brave, I challenge you to identify a problem with Thailand that cannot be fixed by cricket...

Problem: Som Tam Issan style (with crabs and fermented fish things)..

Guess your not joining us for tea then...

Sorry to but in before our new members post, but I had a catastrophic problem with my ISP Pigeon courier……..broke wing sad.png

Can't it wing wing?? ( Sorry that means run fast in Thai)

Edited by plopmeister

Cricket will force Thai people to adapt their eating habits... the need to take on sufficient nutrition for an afternoon of fielding during the lunch break will lead to away from the strange food that they currently prefer eating (or playing with)... cucumber sandwiches will takeover... problem solved

Guess your not joining us for tea then...

laugh.png

Yep Jonno has had his cake and eten it so let's move on..

How can cricket stop the sun shining when it reaches 40 degrees and stop the rain falling when it reaches 40 inches....

But then again who are we to control the weather....lets leave that up to the likes of Jonno...

How can cricket stop the sun shining when it reaches 40 degrees and stop the rain falling when it reaches 40 inches....

As the temp reaches 40 degrees the water will be evaporated from the land….cricket pitch,

reducing the water from the 40 inch mark.

It will then be held in those ever increasing clouds, blocking out the sun's heat and creating shade for our cricket fans….savvy....clap2.gif

I new you would....thumbsup.gif

Although God loves cricket, he will continue to tease Thailand with erratic weather conditions. However, as discussed earlier in the thread, cricket will limit the negative impact of these weather conditions. As I explained earlier, Thai people will learn that wearing all white, and drinking water regularly, allows one to survive several hours in the sun. With regards to the rain, we have already discussed that cricket will solve the flooding problems, through greater planning and strategic thinking. Problem solved.

Cricket will force Thai people to adapt their eating habits... the need to take on sufficient nutrition for an afternoon of fielding during the lunch break will lead to away from the strange food that they currently prefer eating (or playing with)... cucumber sandwiches will takeover... problem solved

I have to point out that I suggested a cucumber sandwich earlier in the thread but that of course wasonly regarding the cheer leaders.Expanding the idea to include the whole Thai nation required your genius

Although God loves cricket, he will continue to tease Thailand with erratic weather conditions. However, as discussed earlier in the thread, cricket will limit the negative impact of these weather conditions. As I explained earlier, Thai people will learn that wearing all white, and drinking water regularly, allows one to survive several hours in the sun. With regards to the rain, we have already discussed that cricket will solve the flooding problems, through greater planning and strategic thinking. Problem solved.

I think you mean drinking seesip degree regularly....perhaps you should start tasting the team's water bottles....

I have to point out that I suggested a cucumber sandwich earlier in the thread but that of course wasonly regarding the cheer leaders.Expanding the idea to include the whole Thai nation required your genius

I agree

So simple yet it might just work!

So simple yet it might just work!

Simple solutions are always the best

I missed a few pages here so I can't be sure if this has been covered...

One of the problems to be overcome while introducing Cricket to the Thai masses is of course the immediate availability of playing grounds.

I have a solution to this impediment

There are thousands of vacant sites about the countryside. Some are grassed, some have concrete and rubble strewn about, some are shells of buildings now vacated or never completed.

All of these would all make perfect cricket grounds.

Hybrid rules would be needed to cater for the state of these playing fields:. A combination of the Official Rules of Cricket and the Rules of Backyard cricket.

Some examples:

Over the fence into the adjoining noodle bar is six and out!

One handed catch off the side of the unfinished/bankrupt condo building is out!

Hit into a pile of rubble and not able to be found is 'lost ball', no more runs allowed.

Automatic wicket keeper (tree/fence/wall)

I'm sure there are many more tweaks that could be made.

Like this thread, Cricket needs to opened to a wider audience.

This thread, and cricket in general, should be compulsory for all

Things compulsory end up being punishments...I prefer to say available for all..

To avoid that, it needs to be introduced at an early age so children learn that cricket is as much a part of life as breathing, eating and sleeping

One of the problems to be overcome while introducing Cricket to the Thai masses is of course the immediate availability of playing grounds.

There are thousands of vacant sites about the countryside. Some are grassed, some have concrete and rubble strewn about, some are shells of buildings now vacated or never completed.

Hybrid rules would be needed to cater for the state of these playing fields:. A combination of the Official Rules of Cricket and the Rules of Backyard cricket.

Some examples:

Hit into a pile of rubble and not able to be found is 'lost ball', no more runs allowed.

A slog into the back of a passing pickup a 6...!!!

Things compulsory end up being punishments...I prefer to say available for all..

To avoid that, it needs to be introduced at an early age so children learn that cricket is as much a part of life as breathing, eating and sleeping

I have no idea where you are from but in my youth the village green, Bournemouth beach, Badbury Rings and any pub that had a bit of grass was host to an off the cuff game of cricket. Families came and went, all ages, all skill levels in a totally ALL INCLUSIVE game...but that was the 60s and 70s...

Some examples:

Indeed, such pitches would be excellent for practice, and will likely allow the Thai national team to develop some unique skills; most notably, they should be very good at avoiding bumping into each other when going after a catch, as they will have learnt (by the process of evolution) to keep an eye out for hazards in the surrounding environment.

Some examples:

A slog into the back of a passing pickup a 6...!!!

I love it!

I have no idea where you are from but in my youth the village green, Bournemouth beach, Badbury Rings and any pub that had a bit of grass was host to an off the cuff game of cricket. Families came and went, all ages, all skill levels in a totally ALL INCLUSIVE game...but that was the 60s and 70s...

It should be like that in Isaan

Some examples:

Indeed, such pitches would be excellent for practice, and will likely allow the Thai national team to develop some unique skills; most notably, they should be very good at avoiding bumping into each other when going after a catch, as they will have learnt (by the process of evolution) to keep an eye out for hazards in the surrounding environment.

Instead of pigeons on the field there will be sleeping packs of Soi Dogs

It should be like that in Isaan

Do they have double diamond there too??

Some examples:

Well....there goes me ISP.....sad.png

Boss.....HELP

Edited by kevjohn

Indeed as I would rather watch the grass grow.

Cricket, the only sport that is more boring than golf.

Indeed as I would rather watch the grass grow.

Cricket, the only sport that is more boring than golf.

Yeah...... But it is just Too hard to find the golf ball...whistling.gif

Some examples:

Well....there goes me ISP.....sad.png

Boss.....HELP

Crikey! I didnt think of that!