Thailand Needs Cricket

The sound system will be bigger than anything ever produced in Thailand....smile.png

And as you have been nominated "DJ"....clap2.gif .

You can sing "round and round and round and round the wheels on the bus turn table goes"...ermm.gif

We've been talking at cross-purposes, haven't we?

When you said "double-decker" I thought you meant a bus, not two phonogram turntables...

I agree with StreetCowboy and have been busy researching the available options.

So I was able to locate this ... post-104736-0-66714300-1337832362_thumb.

This allows both the air-conditioned comfort for the journey to the grounds, with the added advantage of a viewing platform for public appearances.

post-104736-0-04153800-1337832671_thumb. post-104736-0-55140200-1337832674_thumb.

Thus, when Thailand transforms from a Cricketing minnow into a world force in the game the viewing platform will become a stage by which the populus can admire their new found heroes.

Benefit to Thailand ... increased self esteem through success on the sporting field?

I may even encourage my soon to be born half-Thai son to represent the Thai national team

I expect him to be the best cricketer ever so he will likely lead Thailand to great cricketing success

He will be more of a batsmen but I will ask the wife if we can make a bowler next year

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hey Boss...Has this all happened because of "Cricket"?....clap2.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would attribute much of my success in life (academic, career and family) to my cricket orientated upbringing

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

My, ain't cricket a fantastic game...wink.png .

Anyway.....all joking aside............CONGRATULATIONS......hope all goes well for mum.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I may even encourage my soon to be born half-Thai son to represent the Thai national team

I expect him to be the best cricketer ever so he will likely lead Thailand to great cricketing success

He will be more of a batsmen but I will ask the wife if we can make a bowler next year

Something like this ... post-104736-0-26631700-1337836287_thumb. ... ?

Edited by David48

Something like this ... post-104736-0-26631700-1337836287_thumb. ... ?

Good to see some early exposure to the game

However, he does need some work on the way he holds the bat; with the technique demonstrated in the photo he is likely to be caught at second slip

Edit: ... maybe gully actually

Edited by brit1984

On another thread, one member just mentioned that Thailand has a high murder rate. This is obviously a problem that could be eased by cricket as cricketers learn that even if you are upset by the umpire's decision (or in fact anything) you should not resort to aggresive or violent behaviour; or to put it another way, if you kill the opposition who will you play against?...

On another thread, one member just mentioned that Thailand has a high murder rate. This is obviously a problem that could be eased by cricket as cricketers learn that even if you are upset by the umpire's decision (or in fact anything) you should not resort to aggresive or violent behaviour; or to put it another way, if you kill the opposition who will you play against?...

Kill the opposition.....now, that is one way of eliminating the other team.ermm.gif

Kill the opposition.....now, that is one way of eliminating the other team.ermm.gif

Something Australian and Indian players have thought about more than once I am sure

Something Australian and Indian players have thought about more than once I am sure

THought it was the poms that tried that in the bodyline test.s

I have seen news items re Aussies and International Student from India doing a little more than thinking about it.

So, by getting Thai students involved with cricket, it will help them with their social relationship when they venture overseas as International Students

I have seen news items re Aussies and International Student from India doing a little more than thinking about it.

So, by getting Thai students involved with cricket, it will help them with their social relationship when they venture overseas as International Students

More evidence of the power of cricket to spread love around the world

Sorry, was that the Test Match series that where rather than adjusting your tactics you complained to the British government about cheating?? rolleyes.gif

When you say bodyline tests, I assume you are referring to the 1932-33 Ashes tour, which England won 4-1 after successfully employing the already well-established strategy of fast leg theory bowling to counter Bradman...

Sorry, was that the Test Match series that where rather than adjusting your tactics you complained to the British government about cheating?? rolleyes.gif

Tonked for six!

To explain my point a little further, most men who have been involved in cricket at the grass-roots level will have been affected by instances when there is no opposition (or the opposition's captain has scraped together a team so pathetic that the game is nothing more than nets practice).

For example, when I was at primary school we once played against a small village school team in the first round of a cup competition. They turned up with a team of 9 players (2 of which were girls and none of whom had proper cricket whites or spikes). We bowled them out for 7 in less than 3 overs, and then reached our victory target (of 8) in less than an over to win by 10 wickets. I was so angry as I didn't get to bat (I was opening but was at the non-strikers end) and we all felt it had been a unsatisfactory afternoon (especially as it was an away match).

Anyone who has been brought up playing cricket knows that you need the opposition, and hence that you need your enemies (and shouldn't kill them). Therefore, introducing cricket to Thailand will reduce the murder rate.

And as usual your government did nothing rolleyes.gif

Far be it from British politicians to tell Don Bradman how to bat tongue.png

And as usual your government did nothing rolleyes.gif

Far be it from British politicians to tell Don Bradman how to bat tongue.png

Serious question: is Douglas Jardine the greatest Scot that ever lived?

Guys, you know, considering that we are on the Pub Forum's Oval there has not been a 3rd umpire overrule (yet) and that, because we have checked our egos in the dressing room, none has been in for early showers.

Maybe the spirit of Cricket has been able to teach us all something?

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

Edited by David48

Guys, you know, considering that we are on the Pub Forum's Oval there has not been a 3rd umpire overrule (yet) and that, because we have checked our egos in the dressing room, none has been in for early showers.

Want to know more about

I am sure the umpires have been watching carefully but one cannot be LBW if one hits the ball first

By the way, this match started on another pitch (General) but when I came out of the pavilion to continue my innings after lunch on the first day, I noticed the pitch had been secretly changed during the lunch break (to Pub) but the new wicket has been just as much a pleasure to bat on

Want to know more about

I am sure the umpires have been watching carefully but one cannot be LBW if one hits the ball first

By the way, this match started on another pitch (General) but when I came out of the pavilion to continue my innings after lunch on the first day, I noticed the pitch had been secretly changed during the lunch break (to Pub) but the new wicket has been just as much a pleasure to bat on

The mark of a good driver is that you don't need to worry about where he is going...

and he gets you to the pub in time for the weekend.

I still think we're going to need a bigger coach. Who is our coach, by the way? Is his name Dennis?

SC

Want to know more about

The mark of a good driver is that you don't need to worry about where he is going...

and he gets you to the pub in time for the weekend.

I still think we're going to need a bigger coach. Who is our coach, by the way? Is his name Dennis?

SC

More concerned about the driver who is getting me back from the pub.