Thailand Needs Cricket

However ... I can offer this for criticial apprasial ... whether we can convert one or two to the joy of Cricket is up to the skills of KevJohn

post-104736-0-78058000-1337993803_thumb.

Just so that we can embrace the wholesomeness of this photo it came from "Pattern School - The Original Home Of Stretch-fit Pattern Making"

Full review of those above can be found here

We'll be glad we chose a Routemaster.

But, I would give special mention for the very Famous Elly Tran.

She seems to embody the features which are typicially desiried in a Cheer Leader Team and possess that disarming smile which would make most mens' hearts melt.

post-104736-0-53730200-1337994370_thumb.

Personally I think she has nice hair also.

Kevjohn, what do you think ... as she would become part of your squad.

Want to know more about Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

Surely someone can find a knee for one more

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI:

Baseball to cricket translation.

I read it and went from knowing NOTHING about cricket to knowing almost nothing.

If I cared, it probably would have helped more.

The rules of cricket are complicated, and can confound Americans weaned on baseball. Here’s an attempt to explain the basics of the game:

http://www.washingto...evfU_story.html

New batsman chaps...

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

FYI:

I read it and went from knowing NOTHING about cricket to knowing almost nothing.

The rules of cricket are complicated, and can confound Americans weaned on baseball. Here’s an attempt to explain the basics of the game:

Welcome to the thread.

As I have already explained, America as a society is a lost cause; Thailand, on the other hand, has great potential, and cricket can help it fulfill that potential.

Although as a society America will never come to appreciate (and hence benefit from) cricket, it is possible that you as an individual could do, but first you will need to understand that cricket and baseball are in no way comparable.

Widespread participation in, and appreciation of, cricket, as I have outlined, has a number of likely benefits for Thailand, including for example a lower murder rate, stronger economic growth and better relations with Malaysia and Cambodia (as well as many benefits as outlined in this thread).

Again, I am sorry that it is too late for America to be saved but I do hope you will help us, or at least not hinder us, as we spread the love that cricket creates around the Kingdom of Thailand.

FYI:

New batsman chaps...

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Hope not....he bats for the other team...ermm.gif

In anticipation of general acceptance by the team of your (the above) suggestion I will endeavour to find a few lassies who could integrate successfully into the team.

Athletic performance and flexibility would be priorities.

An added benefit would be that the existing Cheer Squad could learn some 'new tricks' from the flush of new blood.

Of course, any new member into our team would be required a through medical examination and tests to make sure they are fit for service.

I assume that we all agree to that?

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

Sorry for the absence guys...problem with the aussie pigeons..smile.png

And David48.......I have to agree with you re medicals....most important

yeah...I asked a guy in England once what cricket was all about and then he said: 'well, y'see...ye hafta defend yer wicket...'

defend the wicket? hmmmm.....

While the guy you spoke to England clearly had some difficulties with the English language (most probably due to some form of mental illness), his assertion about cricket was cricket.

However, there is so much to this wonderful game, as explained in this thread. Again, for any doubters as to the potential of cricket, please observe the success story that is Australia.

KevJohn, since you will need to train them in their new duties and responsibilities do wish to join me with a tour 'in-situ'.

This would require a visit to their current place of employment and assist with a visual assessment.

Limited refreshments are available and complimentary, because this is thirsty work after all and it is Summer in Thailand and we all know the importance of hydration in hot climates … and where we will be going is certainly a ‘hot’ place.

What we are looking for with the new blood is proportion of body balance … after all, on of the duties of cheer leading is to excite the crowd and engender home team support … and athletic ability.

Also I believe a friendly attitude and people skills would warmly be appreciated by all.

But KevJohn, if you think that you have your current hands full with the existing Cheer Squad and decline this invitation then maybe another squad member can stand up?

Want to know more about

Hey Man.....are you trying to finnish me off...a job like that would put me in a box

If you don't mind, I'll give it a miss, leave it to the younger guys.....( note ....what am I getting into here)

KevJohn, since you will need to train them in their new duties and responsibilities do wish to join me with a tour 'in-situ'.

This would require a visit to their current place of employment and assist with a visual assessment.

Limited refreshments are available and complimentary, because this is thirsty work after all and it is Summer in Thailand and we all know the importance of hydration in hot climates … and where we will be going is certainly a ‘hot’ place.

What we are looking for with the new blood is proportion of body balance … after all, on of the duties of cheer leading is to excite the crowd and engender home team support … and athletic ability.

Also I believe a friendly attitude and people skills would warmly be appreciated by all.

But KevJohn, if you think that you have your current hands full with the existing Cheer Squad and decline this invitation then maybe another squad member can stand up?

Want to know more about

Hey Man.....are you trying to finnish me off...a job like that would put me in a box

If you don't mind, I'll give it a miss, leave it to the younger guys.....( note ....what am I getting into here)

Sorry I cannot take on the job.....If the cheerleaders didn't finish me off my wife would.

By the way, nobody has yet identified any issues in Thailand that cannot be solved by cricket...

Hey Boss....... My blood pressure might be a good issue. 240/180......maybe I'm already in the boxsad.png

By the way, nobody has yet identified any issues in Thailand that cannot be solved by cricket...

Hey Boss....... My blood pressure might be a good issue. 240/180......maybe I'm already in the boxsad.png

You can be umpire

For anyone who is just joining this thread, please do not feel obliged to read the entire thread before commenting... we are currently only at the brain-storming stage so any perspectives / insights are welcome...

Brain-stormin....now ya tell me......why am I getting me nickers in a whatever.....sad.png

Another issue cricket can help with... bathroom / wetroom floors that do not have a natural slope towards the drain... all plumbers / builders should be required to pursue a sabbatical working alongside cricket groundsmen (similar to the programme I suggested for the highway maintenance people)... during this work experience, the plumbers / builders will learn about irrigation and water management... therefore through cricket, bathroom floors all across Thailand will develop a natural slope towards the drain

Hey Boss... I'm getting confused......May I ask.."Which drains are we going to have a natural slope towards?"..Hope it's not

the road outside my home....smile.png

yeah...I asked a guy in England once what cricket was all about and then he said: 'well, y'see...ye hafta defend yer wicket...'

defend the wicket? hmmmm.....

If he had read this topic, he would not have had any problems answering your questions.....wink.png

About TLTR ... too long to read ... http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=tltr

There is also TL;DR ... Too Long; Didn't Read ... http://en.wikipedia....ng;_didn't_read

The exceptions is when theblether is babbling on about something ... he does a good job of maintaing the readers interest for extended periods of time.

He'd make a great early/middle order batsman

Want to know more about

After the last 2 post......I think I'll go back to school.....But thanks for that information David48 wink.png

You'll be pleased to hear that theblether has a contact in the Ghymkana club in Chiang Mai and he is quite confident of getting us an invitation to the Chiang Mai sixes tournament next year thumbsup.gif

Any chance of getting us an invitation to the Chiang Mai eights tournament next year....I can only play eights.sad.png

FYI:

We still need some outside ground staff JT. You won't need to know anything about cricket to take the money and clip the tickets. thumbsup.gif

Maybe there is a few bus-fare and ticket collectors out there. They won't need training.thumbsup.gif

FYI:

New batsman chaps...

Looks like he could have been more of a 'streaker' ...

Can the Bargirl cheer squad & Bargirl cricket team do some freelance streaking in their downtime?

Any objections from anyone?

One other big issue in Thailand, that we have not yet discussed, but which most of us are probably aware of, is that there is an established (and not so well hidden) sex industry in operation in most major tourist areas. For those who may be unaware this essentially involves poverty stricken Thai females selling their bodies to (often rather awful) men to fund their alcohol/gambling/drug/iphone addiction.

What do people think about getting some of the "bar girls" involved as cheer leaders?... I know it is not the ideal solution from an aesthetic perspective (they are an ugly bunch in general) but we are trying to save a country here...

Sterling idea!

Just think of the added benefits. The game needs cash and each bargirl should come with 3-4 personal sponsors each. We just need to leverage some of that sponsors cash into the game.

You certainly know the money making game, BookMan.....You got any spare books on that..wink.png

However ... I can offer this for criticial apprasial ... whether we can convert one or two to the joy of Cricket is up to the skills of KevJohn

post-104736-0-78058000-1337993803_thumb.

Just so that we can embrace the wholesomeness of this photo it came from "Pattern School - The Original Home Of Stretch-fit Pattern Making"

Full review of those above can be found here

We'll be glad we chose a Routemaster.

She seems to embody the features which are typicially desiried in a Cheer Leader Team and possess that disarming smile which would make most mens' hearts melt.

Want to know more about Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

Surely someone can find a knee for one more

SC

Mine are both taken......You don't have a spare one?

Sorry for the rush of post, guys, problems with the ISP Courier Pigeon,sad.png

Could go down again any time soon but they tell me I should be OK early in the am.ermm.gif

Want to know more about

Sorry I cannot take on the job.....If the cheerleaders didn't finish me off my wife would.

Your lucky Harry.....I've already been finished off..smile.png

One other big issue in Thailand, that we have not yet discussed, but which most of us are probably aware of, is that there is an established (and not so well hidden) sex industry in operation in most major tourist areas. For those who may be unaware this essentially involves poverty stricken Thai females selling their bodies to (often rather awful) men to fund their alcohol/gambling/drug/iphone addiction.

What do people think about getting some of the "bar girls" involved as cheer leaders?... I know it is not the ideal solution from an aesthetic perspective (they are an ugly bunch in general) but we are trying to save a country here...

Sterling idea!

Just think of the added benefits. The game needs cash and each bargirl should come with 3-4 personal sponsors each. We just need to leverage some of that sponsors cash into the game.

You certainly know the money making game, BookMan.....You got any spare books on that..wink.png

All in the head kevjohn.. don't want to put all the trade secrets in writing!

You can be umpire

Hey...stand out there were they are hitting balls around. My luck....I'd get hit in the head or where ever...sad.png

Sterling idea!

All in the head kevjohn.. don't want to put all the trade secrets in writing!

Yeah..well, can't blame you...if it in writing, then they come back at you.

Want to know more about

I am lost for words.......Does she have to be part of the cheer squad? ........Why not my personal helper..wink.png

Want to know more about

Hands full? Then 'knees up, Mother Brown"

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees

StreetCowboy, I had you in mind when I wrote this post.

You must have picked-up on the vibe?

Want to know more about

FYI:

New batsman chaps...

Hope not....he bats for the other team...ermm.gif

Dear harry, whether JT bats for the 'other side' or not ... it doesn't matter ... there is only one side when it comes to Thailand and Cricket.

However, if JT bats for the opposition .. then it becomes an issue!

Want to know more about

Want to know more about

Give me a miss! Give me a miss!

I'm fed up with that coach - I'm going to stick with driving the bus now...

Hands full? Then 'knees up, Mother Brown"

SC

StreetCowboy, I had you in mind when I wrote this post.

You must have picked-up on the vibe?

Want to know more about

I'm not sure I like that talk about our members standing up on a family forum, though. And none of that 'rising to the challenge' either. Its a good clean family show, this, so I want everyone to take a cold shower before they get started

SC