Thailand Needs Cricket

Well, it's taken some time, but a ripple of applause goes round the spectators as they note that the team have reached their fifty without loss of wickets, though there were a few anxious moments out there in the early stages. It's definitely not a batsman's wicket and it's clear that the slow play and run rate may be in response to the player's thoughts wandering in directions other than what's happening at the crease.

Anyway, back at the pavilion the refreshment tray has been prepared several times but on each occasion has been hijacked by thirsty members of the waiting batting side, and that could account for their unsteady walk and their kicking out and swearing at the small crowd of boys, (and even a few girls), who have come to the pavilion in the hope of collecting the autographs of their heroes

More likely to get their ticket's punched, eh Ritchie????

Thanks for the commentary

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like cricket (1 day matchs ) but since visiting Thailand i have to say Muay thai is a preferable day out, either watching it, joining a camp for fun/fitness and i think its somewhat regarded as a national sport.

Wellcome to the team Grannyflats......wink.png You will notice that our games tend to last a little longer than 1 day....biggrin.png

If I remember correctly, smokie36 was at the crease for several days.....rolleyes.gif

Smokie's lady is a lucky girl

I like cricket (1 day matchs ) but since visiting Thailand i have to say Muay thai is a preferable day out, either watching it, joining a camp for fun/fitness and i think its somewhat regarded as a national sport.

Does Thailand need Muay Thai?

While a few of the management team are on holiday ... time for some nostalgia.

post-104736-0-54362600-1338413733_thumb.

Hiding his bat behind his front leg, pretending to play the ball but really just padding up outside off. A negative tactic that I hope he grows out of with time. Umpires really should be much stricter in this regard.

Wellcome to the team Grannyflats......wink.png You will notice that our games tend to last a little longer than 1 day....biggrin.png

If I remember correctly, smokie36 was at the crease for several days.....rolleyes.gif

She suuuuuuuuurrrrrrre is.....clap2.gif

While out games may last longer then a day poor ole Grannyflats was out for a second ball duck!

Cricket has that effect on some.

Oh ... anyone know what his other delivery was?

Does Thailand need droughts?

SC

TV Cricket - We have our knees - for what more could one ask?

Cough ... I think that kevjohn fell for the same delivery smokie36 pitched to his misses ... he wasn't at the crease for days ... he was actually at the bar ... for several days.

Edited by David48

Cough ... I think that kevjohn fell for the same delivery smokie36 pitched to his misses ... he wasn't at the crease for days ... he was actually at the bar ... for several days.

See....I told ya I'm gullible.........I believe everything I'm told.....

I've been holding back this candidate who has applied for a position on one of the available knees.

But I didn't want to saturate the thread early on.

post-104736-0-83503500-1338440049_thumb. post-104736-0-33045500-1338440061_thumb.

Her name is Hanna (Hannah) Tan and interestly she hails from Malaysia, so could be of assistance when we are trying to integrate the game in the South of Thailand with resolving some of tensions in the area.

Please look her CV and see if there is a free knee ... figuratively speaking.

Edited by David48

I've been holding back this candidate who has applied for a position on one of the available knees.

post-104736-0-83503500-1338440049_thumb. post-104736-0-33045500-1338440061_thumb.

Her name is Hanna (Hannah) Tan and interestly she hails from Malaysia, so could be of assistance when we are trying to integrate the game in the South of Thailand with resolving some of tensions in the area.

Here's a bloke with knees; a star batter I'm sure

Man with knees

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Man with knees

SC

I know just the person to provide a spare knee.......even stand in as a set of stumps if need be

His name...........Jake the Peg........very famous aussie...clap2.gif

A couple of excellent shots

One of my neighbours; she probably drinks in Tom Dick and Harry's rather than Sid's. Particularly when me and the Imam get going

"Yawrighttherecowboy? Howzacricketgoan?"

"Very well, thanks, Imam. I need to find some more lovely cheerleaders; we are - The Team With The Knees!"

"Cheerleaders? SatanictemptationandanabominationinthesightofGodbytheway. YebindoonTomDicknHarries? Its ayehoachinwitotty wheniver Ah'm in thair, like"

"Ahadabhandwiabat, masel' like." He went on, and stood up to give a demonstration of his style, which was a bit John Embrey in the way that he cleared the bar. Anyway, with getting thrown out at that time, he might make it up in time for the Call to Prayers.

SC

SC

It might have slipped your mind but you owe me 1 million baht; PayPal or Western Union is acceptable.

SC

No and No........."Thailand Needs Cricket"

It might have slipped your mind but you owe me 1 million baht; PayPal or Western Union is acceptable.

You don't take Visa Card.....sad.png

Man with knees

SC

I know just the person to provide a spare knee.......even stand in as a set of stumps if need be

Are you a big Rolf Harris fan?

Man with knees

SC

Mate I picked up on that appropiately gave the early like ... I hate waiting for the 3rd umpire ... call it as you see it.

I see that you are enjoying that hotlinking swing I showed you ... kind of like shining your balls on the other side for a change.

And.... oh dear! Someone seems to be moving in front of the sightscreen and play has been brought to a halt whilst the umpires investigate. Under the rules of the game this will mean stumps will be pulled early, the players will return to the pavilion to explain the rules to the offender and the covers will be brought out and placed for overnight protection.

I doubt if we'll see any more action today, John. John.... John, where do you think you're going?

All forms of payment are ok

You can choose your favourite

Man with knees

SC

Hey Boss...... No one bigger than me.....Rolf Harris fan, I mean...

Edited by kevjohn

Man with knees

SC

kevjohn ... agreed ... but I didn't want to crowd the tread with both Hanna and Rolf (flashing his middle leg) on the same page.

So I defer to another and appropriate time for this lifting of the trousers above the knee line.

Edited by David48

SC

Droughts or draughts?

All forms of payment are ok

You can choose your favourite

It's on it way Boss.......if ya can catch the pigeon...thumbsup.gif

Man with knees

SC

kevjohn ... agreed ... but I didn't want to crowd the tread with both Hanna and Rolf (flashing his middle leg) on the same page.

So I defer to another and appropriate time for this lifting of the trousers above the knee line.

Yeah...couldn't agree more.......Hanna's are faaaaaar better looking than Rolf's

Man with knees

SC

Aren't we all?

Can you see what it is yet?... just a minute ...Oi! Stop that!

Goodness me, I never knewe Rolf was like that...

SC