Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could we hope for placidly somnolent?

I hope that eventually cricket will teach them to stay fully awake all day (and maybe even cognisant of the world around them).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Could we hope for placidly somnolent?

I hope that eventually cricket will teach them to stay fully awake all day (and maybe even cognisant of the world around them).

Don't count on me stayen awake Boss. Too much to handle.....didn't think someone could fit so many girls on his knees... woooow...

and he's so placid about it......better check that SC is cognisant of the world around him.

I get sooooooo many questions thrown at me that I will have to have a FAQ page set up.

I've almost forgotten who the Boss is.....sad.png

I have rubbed my balls crystal ball and can see that kevjohn is currently hosting a touring team and he is naturally, given his polished managerial skills, the designated tour director, hence his limited attendance during the forth coming innings.

Once the current touring team has left his abode, I am assured that he will be back with a vengeance.

So ... currently, his personal assistant is at a loose end.

post-104736-0-30729500-1338261921_thumb.

... any takers?

Elly is available to fill any tempory position within the team that you can think of ...

kevjohn ... don't dally too long son ... you may lose your personal assistant.

Just saying like ...

I get sooooooo many questions thrown at me that I will have to have a FAQ page set up.

I've almost forgotten who the Boss is.....sad.png

I have rubbed my balls crystal ball and can see that kevjohn is currently hosting a touring team and he is naturally, given his polished managerial skills, the designated tour director, hence his limited attendance during the forth coming innings.

Once the current touring team has left his abode, I am assured that he will be back with a vengeance.

So ... currently, his personal assistant is at a loose end.

post-104736-0-30729500-1338261921_thumb.

... any takers?

Elly is available to fill any tempory position within the team that you can think of ...

kevjohn ... don't dally too long son ... you may lose your personal assistant.

Just saying like ...

Who said I didn't need Elly as my personal assistant while currently hosting the touring team.....crying.gif

To all team members

(1) hands off Ellyermm.gif

(2) if I am unable to monitor this topic then my trusted personal assistant will. OK..savvy.....wink.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

can't turn yah head for a second and someone will wip yah shirt off yah back.sad.png

Edited by kevjohn

To all team members

(2) if I am unable to monitor this topic then my trusted personal assistant will. OK..savvy.....wink.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

can't turn yah head for a second and someone will wip yah shirt off yah back.sad.png

Why not share?

To all team members

Why not share?

What Boss....You don't have enough shirts?

To all team members

Why not share?

Elly will have to go without I am afraid

To all team members

Why not share?

Elly will have to go without I am afraid

Well I must admit...can't complain about that......I'll let her know..thumbsup.gif

Thanks KJ

Also, ask her if she will be cold without a shirt; if so, you may have to think of a way to keep her warm

Conversely, if she is worried about sunburn, please think of a solution

Edited by brit1984

Thanks KJ

Also, ask her if she will be cold without a shirt; if so, you may have to think of a way to keep her warm

Furthermore, if she is worried about losing control of her assets (due to excess wobble), please come up with a strategy to keep them under control

Thanks KJ

Furthermore, if she is worried about losing control of her assets (due to excess wobble), please come up with a strategy to keep them under control

Finally, if she is worried that being topless will encourage undue staring at the top half of her body, please think of a way to divert some of that attention to other areas

Thanks KJ

Yeah Boss...might have to find a spare shirt....wink.png

And as for the sunburn.....Harry had the solution for that.... thumbsup.gif

and in reply to your last post..#1124....all ready done that...clap2.gif

Thanks KJ

Finally, if she is worried that being topless will encourage undue staring at the top half of her body, please think of a way to divert some of that attention to other areas

Yeah...well....if I do all the staring at her...

then everyone else will be staring at me wondering what I'm staring at......

Reason for staring...blind in one eye and can't see with the other.

We need someone to take this to the next level of practicality. We need someone ot line up a few games for us, as it were, so to speak, and also to get the cheerleaders' costumes sorted.

Perhaps a Fixtures and Fittings secretary?

SC

TV Cricket - The Team with Two Knees

By the way, how about a horse-drawn pantechnicaon for the DJ's double-decker

post-60794-0-60672800-1338266442_thumb.j

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Neighs!

And as for the sunburn..... <snip>

Gentlemen ... a number of forces have convened here.

Australia is the king of the Slip, Slop, Slap.

Plus I have spend considerable time in Thailand and understand the concept of 'Take Care'

Combining the two, Elly has adopted a temporary dress code which I believe you will find still striking while being, simultaneously, sun smart ...

post-104736-0-25274400-1338271300_thumb.

Plus I have spend considerable time in Thailand and understand the concept of 'Take Care'

Combining the two, Elly has adopted a temporary dress code which I believe you will find still striking while being, simultaneously, sun smart ...

I like that office uniform.

And most important - it shows the delectable knees, for which we are rightly famous

SC

And most important - it shows the delectable knees, for which we are rightly famous

SC

SC ... as soon as I saw that you had posted ... I realised the deficiency of my pervious post, my oversight

Thanks for that observation ... thumbsup.gif

Thai Visa Cricket … Teaching us Team Work!

Edited by David48

This thread makes as much sense to me as ... cricket.

So who do you have to be below to get a promotion?

JT, I see your point about making sense however, there is much subtlety in many of the posts ... much like the game of Cricket itself.

Like taking the actual concept of Cricket and enjoying it to the maximum length of time.

Many of the posts deliveries here may seem mundane to the casual observer, however, there is a subtlety in each delivery until the change-up ball designed to catch the reader batter unawares and attempting a false shot.

For example, can you think of a post of such longevity were there has not been one disagreement?

Not one post removed by the Moderator third umpire.

We each play by the rules and it's a gentleman’s game.

Edited by David48

Following on from above ...

JT, in reply to your question of "So who do you have to be below to get a promotion" ... again, there is a 'batting order' being formed based on each person’s strengths.

But this thread is about bringing the fine game of Cricket to the Thai population and we are just fulfilling the support roles and mainly involve ourselves in coaching, management, transportation, catering, and my speciality of entertainment and promotion.

So it's a merit based involvement and just by you being here on the field, I am sure the OP has a role in mind for you.

Apologies for replying on the OP's behalf and, if there any corrections to my reply here and above, I am sure it will be forthcoming in a Press Release from the OP.

Edited by David48

This thread makes as much sense to me as ... cricket.

So who do you have to be below to get a promotion?

JT, I see your point about making sense however, there is much subtlety in many of the posts ... much like the game of Cricket itself.

Like taking the actual concept of Cricket and enjoying it to the maximum length of time.

Many of the posts deliveries here may seem mundane to the casual observer, however, there is a subtlety in each delivery until the change-up ball designed to catch the reader batter unawares and attempting a false shot.

For example, can you think of a post of such longevity were there has not been one disagreement?

Not one post removed by the Moderator third umpire.

We each play by the rules and it's a gentleman’s game.

Yes, but do you "gentlemen" care if my brain is about to explode! I wish it were Greek to me.

You see JT ... we have been raised from a time when we were knee high to a grasshopper to sit on a grass hill, bathed in sunshine (unless you were in England were you would be huddled under an umbrella awaiting the covers to be removed and play restarted) enjoying the almost village atmosphere above 'the green'.

As for your role ... we all came to this thread unaware of our potential place in the team, but our 'true colours' have shown themselves by our continued posting and our civility to each other.

Maybe also ... what this Cricketing Thread could bring to the Thai Visa Forum?

Edited by David48

What could be a helpful and, indeed, gracious welcome to those readers not entirely familiar with this, the king of games, but obviously eager to learn and perhaps participate, would be a simple but thorough explanation of the Offside Rule.

You've got to start somewhere..........