Thailand Needs Cricket

This thread makes as much sense to me as ... cricket.

So who do you have to be below to get a promotion?

JT, I see your point about making sense however, there is much subtlety in many of the posts ... much like the game of Cricket itself.

Like taking the actual concept of Cricket and enjoying it to the maximum length of time.

Many of the posts deliveries here may seem mundane to the casual observer, however, there is a subtlety in each delivery until the change-up ball designed to catch the reader batter unawares and attempting a false shot.

For example, can you think of a post of such longevity were there has not been one disagreement?

Not one post removed by the Moderator third umpire.

We each play by the rules and it's a gentleman’s game.

Yes, but do you "gentlemen" care if my brain is about to explode! I wish it were Greek to me.

JT if it is your choice that it be Greek......then so let it be.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You see JT ... we have been raised from a time when we were knee high to a grasshopper to sit on a grass hill, bathed in sunshine (unless you were in England were you would be huddled under an umbrella awaiting the covers to be removed and play restarted) enjoying the almost village atmosphere above 'the green'.

As for your role ... we all came to this thread unaware of our potential place in the team, but our 'true colours' have shown themselves by our continued posting and our civility to each other.... Maybe also ... what this Cricketing Thread could bring to the Thai Visa Forum?

Or to put it more in prospective in relation to any aussies in this team.....

we have been raised from a time when we were knee high to a kangaroo

What could be a helpful and, indeed, gracious welcome to those readers not entirely familiar with this, the king of games, but obviously eager to learn and perhaps participate, would be a simple but thorough explanation of the Offside Rule.

You've got to start somewhere..........

Offside..... I thought that only applied to those other ball games......Maybe I need to check the rule book.smile.png

Just one thing Boss……. Who is going to analyze the "Analystic Problem Conversion Manager"

I nominate Streetcowboy with Jingthing as his assistant.

This will promote JT, to a more senior roll, allowing him to participate in the promotion of why “Thailand Needs Cricket“ thus annulling any negatives that he may have.

I really saw JT as fitting the 'Streaker' role perfectly

Is not Thailand already a cricketing nation?

coffee1.gif

post-37101-0-18563200-1338285619_thumb.j

I assume the bulk of my duties would be to make the phone calls to make reservations for the cricket catering, yes?

Also, as food cricket. Typical comment: the cricket was serviceable but if you've ever had cricket in Calcutta, you will turn up your nose.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe some newcomers would be benefited by a summary of what has been structured so far, and who/what/where positions have been filled?

I de-nominate myself for this job. tongue.png

Thats OK...you just keep an eye on the money...thumbsup.gif

coffee1.gif

You might be onto something there, JT.....maybe incorporate them into the teams diet..whistling.gif

Can you give us an update of the benifits of eating cricket sandwich...sad.png

coffee1.gif

You might be onto something there, JT.....maybe incorporate them into the teams diet..whistling.gif

A delectable cricket sandwich, with a hint of mayonnaise and ... WOOAH THERE ! FAR TOO MUCH CHILLI !!... makes a delectable snack.

A bowl of stir-fried crickets beside your beer glass helps you while away... Oh, piss, I've just topped the crickets up with beer instead of my glass... that's rancid... see what happens when you pay attention to the action on the pitch?

SC

TV Crickets - catch them while they're hot!

With all the topics that have been debated here, I can't recall anything about running in your Bat.

So with that on my mind, I did a Google

http://www.middlepeg.com/cricketbatcare.htm

and decovered that a bat has more body parts than I do.smile.png

It has to be knocked and run in, oiled, have its face and back bat protected, plus much more.biggrin.png

As Harry is the expert on applying the suntan oils, then maybe he could look after the bats so that the don't burn.wink.png

coffee1.gif

A delectable cricket sandwich, with a hint of mayonnaise and ... WOOAH THERE ! FAR TOO MUCH CHILLI !!... makes a delectable snack.

A bowl of stir-fried crickets beside your beer glass helps you while away... Oh, piss, I've just topped the crickets up with beer instead of my glass... that's rancid... see what happens when you pay attention to the action on the pitch?

SC

SC your making my mouth water......do you think they would go down OK with a cup of coffee

O! I wont tip the coffee in the crickets.

I'll dunk the crikets in the coffee......does that soften them up?

Edited by kevjohn

coffee1.gif

SC

SC your making my mouth water......do you think they would go down OK with a cup of coffee

O! I wont tip the coffee in the crickets.

I'll dunk the crikets in the coffee......does that soften them up?

I'm not sure how they would go down with a cup of coffee, but I can just imagine them coming up with a cup of coffee; all black coffee stains and severed legs and diced carrots -where on earth did they come from?

Egon Ronay'l be turning in his grave...

SC

TV Crickets - Catch them in the outfield

Maybe some newcomers would be benefited by a summary of what has been structured so far, and who/what/where positions have been filled?

Nice bit of teamwork there guys ... thumbsup.gif

Formally nominating BookMan as the pencil.

Thoughts ...

Nice bit of teamwork there guys ... thumbsup.gif

Thoughts ...

Its a great nomination.thumbsup.gif

One concern.. I'm worried about over use of my lead.

also....

Will the compensation package come with sharpener or will it be a retractable style?

HB is my preference but i will go up to 4B if i MUST....but under complaint

Management/Player status.

I can confirm that the Plopmeister has had to take a wee leave of absence due to a small Visa issue, but that's all sorted now and he celebrated with a bitter but now also suffering with a rather nasty little rash ... whistling.gif

[media=]

[/media]

Has anyone had a wiff of the Big Boss recently?

OP, OP ... where are you?

^^ ... you know ... the scary thing for me about that clip is that most likely the dancing girls used are probably Grandmothers now!

Ah ... how time flies ... and wasted on the youth (of today) ... better wasted on the youth of yesterday ... like me ... biggrin.png

^^ ... you know ... the scary thing for me about that clip is that most likely the dancing girls used are probably Grandmothers now!

Ah ... how time flies ... and wasted on the youth (of today) ... better wasted on the youth of yesterday ... like me ... biggrin.png

Indeed, growing old is quite scary. That is why it is important to make the best of your life, and to spend as much of it playing / watching / discussing cricket.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Thoughts ...

Its a great nomination.thumbsup.gif

One concern.. I'm worried about over use of my lead.

also....

Will the compensation package come with sharpener or will it be a retractable style?

HB is my preference but i will go up to 4B if i MUST....but under complaint

Well, couple of issues there.

Firstly, are you REALLY worried about over use of your pencil (your lead is self replacing)?

Will be a standard pencil TiT after all ... graphically (a subtle pun there, just pointing it out for JT) ... post-104736-0-76457800-1338298307_thumb.

As for your choice of lead .. 4B is going to be tooooooo soft and maybe need chemical assistance ... 2B will just fine.

2B but not 4B

Edited by David48

Hello chaps , I don't know much about cricket and my first experience of the game was on black and white tv during the summer holydays when I was a boy , and it was a quiet game I thought . However , I have read that back in the day it was a rowdy old competition , what with wagering and cheating and drunken brawls amongst the fiff raff spectators . I personally would like to see the one man team game reintroduced . Cheating ,bluffing and double cheating and bluffing and umpirical mistakes fair game on the wager .

Management/Player status.

I can confirm that the Plopmeister has had to take a wee leave of absence due to a small Visa issue, but that's all sorted now and he celebrated with a bitter but now also suffering with a rather nasty little rash ... whistling.gif

[media=]

[/media]

Has anyone had a wiff of the Big Boss recently?

OP, OP ... where are you?

Just in case my belief in atheism proves to be wrong on judgement day, I would just like to say I am not (and have no intentions of becoming) "the Big Boss".

That role is (maybe) taken by God / Allah / Flying-spaghetti-monster / whichever one (if any) is real, and I have no ambitions to dethrone the incumbent.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hello chaps , I don't know much about cricket and my first experience of the game was on black and white tv during the summer holydays when I was a boy , and it was a quiet game I thought . However , I have read that back in the day it was a rowdy old competition , what with wagering and cheating and drunken brawls amongst the fiff raff spectators . I personally would like to see the one man team game reintroduced . Cheating ,bluffing and double cheating and bluffing and umpirical mistakes fair game on the wager .

New batsman clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Further to my comment on the only slightly understood cricket "Offside Rule", it might be beneficial to introduce newcomers to a few of the technical, sporting terms applied to cricket. For instance, how many of us clearly understand the deeper meaning of "bowling a maiden over". And what's more, who could clearly explain the oft used phrase "batting for the other side".

These terms, whilst being common parlance amongst the cricketing fraternity, could well lead to confusion. I think we need some guidance here.

Over to you, Trevor.

Further to my comment on the only slightly understood cricket "Offside Rule", it might be beneficial to introduce newcomers to a few of the technical, sporting terms applied to cricket. For instance, how many of us clearly understand the deeper meaning of "bowling a maiden over". And what's more, who could clearly explain the oft used phrase "batting for the other side".

These terms, whilst being common parlance amongst the cricketing fraternity, could well lead to confusion. I think we need some guidance here.

Over to you, Trevor.

Yes terms shared in common with the heavy metal fraternity .

Welcome to the team onionluke.

You will find, as you follow our noble game, that much help is given by our expert panel.

Just ask and someone will have an answer.

Now, I do notice that you say that your first contact with this noble game was back in the days of

black and white TV. How that brings back memories for me. (Do you remember doing your homework by kero lamp)

Well, you seam to be in the age span of most of the members of the team and you will fit in without any problems

As for being a rowdy game, that is why the older players are important. We keep a lid on that.

The Boss (brit1984) is number one. He a very able manager and has arranged with his wife to supply a new batsman soon.

Our Promotions Manager (David48) is also number one. He is a very visual guy, explaining all his idears with very vivid graphics.

We have a very efficient driver with Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

Bookman is our money manager, also very efficient, but if you need to know something, then ask, as it is all in his head.

Harry looks after all matters to do with health. Very efficient but can't comment on his qualifications.

Now, we do have other members, some just joined, other been in for a while, but all contributing to our team.

There is a slite problem with Jingthing, but the guys are working hard to change his views.

And me, well I'm the cheer squad coach, assisted by Plopmeister. he is very very efficient.

After saying all that I hope that I have not missed anyone..Sorry Missfarmgirl

So, after that little bit of a run down re our team, I'm sure you will play a very important part in promoting why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Edited by kevjohn

You will find, as you follow our noble game, that much help is given by our expert panel.

Now, I do notice that you say that your first contact with this noble game was back in the days of

black and white TV. How that brings back memories for me. (Do you remember doing your homework by kero lamp)

Well, you seam to be in the age span of most of the members of the team and you will fit in without any problems

As for being a rowdy game, that is why the older players are important. We keep a lid on that.

The Boss (brit1984) is number one. He a very able manager and has arranged with his wife to supply a new batsman soon.

Our Promotions Manager (David48) is also number one. He is a very visual guy, explaining all his idears with very vivid graphics.

We have a very efficient driver with Streetcowboy filling that position. Note...there is nothing he does not know about knees.

Bookman is our money manager, also very efficient, but if you need to know something, then ask, as it is all in his head.

Harry looks after all matters to do with health. Very efficient but can't comment on his qualifications.

Now, we do have other members, some just joined, other been in for a while, but all contributing to our team.

There is a slite problem with Jingthing, but the guys are working hard to change his views.

And me, well I'm the cheer squad coach, assisted by Plopmeister. he is very very efficient.

So, after that little bit of a run down re our team, I'm sure you will play a very important part in promoting why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Number 1 Post of The Day!

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Thanks for the kind welcome . I might not have much to offer , bar a memory of a parafin heater in an old tenement , but jings that was a cold summer to forget .

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Number 1 Post of The Day!

Yeah Boss...Had to get up at 02:00am to do that.

Thank you......back to bed now

coffee1.gif

Oh dear, no! Cricket sandwich? Are you havin' a laugh? That wouldn't be cricket. I was of course thinking more along the lines of Cricket in the Hole followed by the traditional Spotted Tick. Sweet!