Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What was the score we were going to call stumps at today?

120 more for the minimum target...but we are not little boys here.....lets go for a hundred more than that.

Indeed, always good to get another century...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Sometimes I really wished I hadn't taught you how to do that ... whistling.gif

I'm trying to throw him off the trail.

And maybe he'll accidentally bump into some much bigger boys...

SC

TV Cricket

A moving target

You Bars*ard ... you know I have to look ... same as theblether's kilt ... or a car accidient.

Internally you are screaming don't do it ... but in the end you do .. you seek a peek.

A cad I name you StreetCowboy!

And that's only page 6 of 21...

I hope some of the games had you paging through for more. Was there any that had you standing to your feet for a better view?

Did you cheer? Did you slump back in disappointment and dismay?

Did you think - "That's not how you spell "HYOOMILIAYASHUN" and check it on wikitionary?

Great art is worth suffering for - thank you for your suffering.

SC

TV Cricket

Because cricket is art

and vice versa

120 more for the minimum target...but we are not little boys here.....lets go for a hundred more than that.

Or 10

Its 12 years since I said that

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

Just for a bit of an interlude, a fishing trip...

and he's taken the bait. We'll let the line out a little - he doesn't know he's hooked yet.

We make sure the hook is in there.

We make sure its a big enough catch...

And we've caught... A GROUNDSMAN!

SC

TV Cricket

Cut and rolled!

I will have to leave the field for an hour or so as I have to do a few laps of the pool, as part of a get fit regime being forced upon me by the wife. As yesterday, she realised I have put on 5kg since we moved to Thailand.

I tried to explain that this is an unavoidable consequence of living in a country where McDonalds, not only sells Double Big Macs, but also delivers, but she did not except this excuse.

I then argued that it is caused by a common psychological condition whereby men who love their pregnant wives dearly make (sub-conscious) efforts to empathise with their situation by also gaining weight.

She said I am just a lazy [something]... so it is time for me to find my best Bermuda shorts and get splashing.... I will return to the crease later...

I will have to leave the field for an hour or so as I have to do a few laps of the pool, as part of a get fit regime being forced upon me by the wife. As yesterday, she realised I have put on 5kg since we moved to Thailand.

I tried to explain that this is an unavoidable consequence of living in a country where McDonalds, not only sells Double Big Macs, but also delivers, but she did not except this excuse.

I then argued that it is caused by a common psychological condition whereby men who love their pregnant wives dearly make (sub-conscious) efforts to empathise with their situation by also gaining weight.

She said I am just a lazy [something]... so it is time for me to find my best Bermuda shorts and get splashing.... I will return to the crease later...

Just point out to her that there are many types of exercise and remind her of the best one for weightloss. She will soon stop nagging you. smile.png

Just point out to her that there are many types of exercise and remind her of the best one for weightloss. She will soon stop nagging you. smile.png

I know exactly what you mean... wink.png

Indeed, I did try to convince that if we set up some cricket nets with a bowling machine in the garden, I would lose the weight in no time. Moreover, I told her that by working on my batting technique, I would be able to provide the maid with even better training on how to sweep the front drive. Of course, I also explained that the biggest benefit of this plan would be that Thais passing by our house may catch a glimpse of my sublime cover drives and be inspired to participate in cricket, thus leading to a "More Amazing Thailand"... at this point, my wife was no longer listening to me and was already chatting to her friends on Facebook (I assume discussing preparation of the cucumber sandwiches)...

Indeed, I did try to convince that if we set up some cricket nets with a bowling machine in the garden, I would lose the weight in no time. Moreover, I told her that by working on my batting technique, I would be able to provide the maid with even better training on how to sweep the front drive. Of course, I also explained that the biggest benefit of this plan would be that Thais passing by our house may catch a glimpse of my sublime cover drives and be inspired to participate in cricket, thus leading to a "More Amazing Thailand"... at this point, my wife was no longer listening to me and was already chatting to her friends on Facebook (I assume discussing preparation of the cucumber sandwiches)...

That was cricket sandwiches...just to get things straight.

it is amazing how cricket reveals all the hubby and wife secrets.

Sometimes I really wished I hadn't taught you how to do that ... whistling.gif

I'm trying to throw him off the trail.

And maybe he'll accidentally bump into some much bigger boys...

SC

TV Cricket

A moving target

You Bars*ard ... you know I have to look ... same as theblether's kilt ... or a car accidient.

Internally you are screaming don't do it ... but in the end you do .. you seek a peek.

A cad I name you StreetCowboy!

And that's only page 6 of 21...

I hope some of the games had you paging through for more. Was there any that had you standing to your feet for a better view?

Did you cheer? Did you slump back in disappointment and dismay?

Did you think - "That's not how you spell "HYOOMILIAYASHUN" and check it on wikitionary?

Great art is worth suffering for - thank you for your suffering.

SC

TV Cricket

Because cricket is art

and vice versa

+1

Ran out of likes ... thumbsup.gif

cricket sandwiches = cucumber sandwiches

+1

Similarly to SC's comment ... no more likes left.

Was very impressed with the "provide the maid with even better training on how to sweep the front drive"

post-104736-0-26019500-1339316508_thumb.

Here is the still shot so that your Maid can observes style and position of the broom.

post-104736-0-04021500-1339316453_thumb.

And the animated shot.

(Maybe you might have to click on the image for animation)

Good idea. A bit of mayonnais and cucumber stops the legs catching in your throat.

Otherwise, there's a good deal of mastication to a cricket sandwich

SC

TV Cricket

in a sandwich

or deep fried

... but do you really wish your Maid on her knees for this particular movement?

Steady...

as she goes....

She comes, she goes ... life and Cricket moves on.

EDIT:- My mistake ... I think one extra letter there ... but I'm not sure because my speel check has called it stumps for the day.

Edited by David48

+1

Similarly to SC's comment ... no more likes left.

Was very impressed with the "provide the maid with even better training on how to sweep the front drive"

post-104736-0-26019500-1339316508_thumb.

Here is the still shot so that your Maid can observes style and position of the broom.

post-104736-0-04021500-1339316453_thumb.

And the animated shot.

(Maybe you might have to click on the image for animation)

Thank you, I will print this out for the maid. She will be impressed once we explain what it means, however she is a little slow.

First, we will need to explain the concept of a two-dimensional grayscale simplified representation of reality on paper.

She's not as slow as me Boss.....I'm still tryen ta get past first base.....ermm.gif

In the context of a girl or baseball?... either meaning is not appropriate for this thread...

... although every single, however scrappy, adds to the total so keep up the good work KJ...

She's not as slow as me Boss.....I'm still tryen ta get past first base.....ermm.gif

In the context of a girl or baseball?... either meaning is not appropriate for this thread...

... although every single, however scrappy, adds to the total so keep up the good work KJ...

Your a good boss Boss

Are we going for the singles now?

That always seems a bit sordid to me.

Better to stand up like a gentleman and play all your balls, rather than ceding strike to another batsman.

Let's face it, we'd have not put the ground near the gasometer if we did not expect batsmen to loft their strikes over it.

SC

TV Cricket

Buy your balls at

Gasometer Used Balls Co.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. I prefer sweeping to the boundary, or lofting over the gasometer, but I suppose I need to adjust to modern fashion - swinging, and singles, and the like. I still don't fancy changing ends and letting someone else face my balls, though

TV Cricket

For swinging singles

Edited by StreetCowboy