Thailand Needs Cricket

Oh boy that is bad news!

The Ford GT40 can run on recycled cooking oil...would that appease?

Or water?

May stop the environment league from withdrawing their sponsorship.

Forget them, lets try to get Ford on board as sponsors... does anyone have Henry's mobile number?

We can get Exxon, BP or Shell as well... but tell them we only need one of them so its an auction...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope there is an unlimited supply of funds in the teams account ......smile.png

and the environment league just withdrew their sponsorship sad.png

Oh boy that is bad news!

thought that it just sounded like it was running on recycled cooking oil......ermm.gif

As a guy without a driving license, I am struggling to imagine that noise...

Please could you explain what it sounds like in cricketing terms?...

Does this fit into why "Thailand Needs Cricket"

Race for the limited spectator parking?

We can charge for the parking, and get a little bit extra for a valet service, and a little bit extra for cleaning the cars... any other added extras when running a parking lot?

My all time favourite car. Ford GT40, designed in the early 60's, BUT l did fly round Brands Hatch with a few which was memorable. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Now we are getting somwehere

Well we have this recruitment drive on the go... and members fees will need to be raised ....and then there is the special one off implementation tax..

I think we should re consider this idea of getting the Russkies V Thai Beach teams up and going....lots of quick cash there to support my lifestyle the team

We need to think about TV rights aswell

Maybe True will buy the rights to try to appease their subscribers

Or should we keep control and do pay per view?

Maybe we could bundle it with some special movies...

post-41816-0-82483200-1339427668_thumb.j Yes it is me at Brands in the Trans but the GT40 drivers are in the bar. cheesy.gif

Cool... I used to have a push-bike but it was stolen when I left it outside the Fish & Chips shop... I hope something similar didn't happen to your beautiful car...

post-41816-0-82483200-1339427668_thumb.j Yes it is me at Brands in the Trans but the GT40 drivers are in the bar. cheesy.gif

Cool... I used to have a push-bike but it was stolen when I left it outside the Fish & Chips shop... I hope something similar didn't happen to your beautiful car...

serves you right for putting vinegar on the chips.

My all time favourite car. Ford GT40, designed in the early 60's, BUT l did fly round Brands Hatch with a few which was memorable. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Well we have this recruitment drive on the go... and members fees will need to be raised ....and then there is the special one off implementation tax..

I think we should re consider this idea of getting the Russkies V Thai Beach teams up and going....lots of quick cash there to support my lifestyle the team

Maybe we need a website and facebook page...

http://www.amazon.co...ader_0307377040

Netherland by Joseph O'Neill is my favourite book about cricket in the US, and talks about how cricket helped one man come to terms with the loss of the twin towers, which he had sadly misplaced in an aviation accident.

SC

In the spirit of philanthropic consideration for our fellow men, I have copied the helpful parts of this message to the "Terrorism in Thailand..." thread

http://www.thaivisa....o/#entry5380740

Another fine example of the benefits of cricket - Flannels versus fiends, sotospeak.

TV Cricket

the boundary of civilisation

SC .. a quiet appreciative nod for this posting.

Oh boy that is bad news!

Or water?

May stop the environment league from withdrawing their sponsorship.

Forget them, lets try to get Ford on board as sponsors... does anyone have Henry's mobile number?

We can get Exxon, BP or Shell as well... but tell them we only need one of them so its an auction...

If you give me 24hrs I see what I can do re Henry's phone number...wink.png

maybe this is more transam's style

That fitter can hold my wrench any time biggrin.png , hmmmm , perhaps not, not 40 odd any more. laugh.png

If you don't want it, I'll have it...

No arguments please gentlemen.

and the environment league just withdrew their sponsorship sad.png

Oh boy that is bad news!

thought that it just sounded like it was running on recycled cooking oil......ermm.gif

As a guy without a driving license, I am struggling to imagine that noise...

Please could you explain what it sounds like in cricketing terms?...

Just like crickets.....smile.png

Does this fit into why "Thailand Needs Cricket"

Race for the limited spectator parking?

We can charge for the parking, and get a little bit extra for a valet service, and a little bit extra for cleaning the cars... any other added extras when running a parking lot?

And extra for security.

We need to think about TV rights aswell

Maybe True will buy the rights to try to appease their subscribers

Or should we keep control and do pay per view?

Maybe we could bundle it with some special movies...

1 I'm thinking

2 World wide?

3 I'll leave that "UP To You"

4 So long as the movies are made so deaf people can hear them.

I wouldn't leave my beautiful car outside a fish and chip shop.

The car might smell of fish...yuck.bah.gif

Maybe we need a website and facebook page...

Yes...agree, maybe.

http://www.amazon.co...ader_0307377040

Netherland by Joseph O'Neill is my favourite book about cricket in the US, and talks about how cricket helped one man come to terms with the loss of the twin towers, which he had sadly misplaced in an aviation accident.

SC

In the spirit of philanthropic consideration for our fellow men, I have copied the helpful parts of this message to the "Terrorism in Thailand..." thread

http://www.thaivisa....o/#entry5380740

Another fine example of the benefits of cricket - Flannels versus fiends, sotospeak.

TV Cricket

the boundary of civilisation

SC .. a quiet appreciative nod for this posting.

It was this post that made me nod off, in the early hours, this morning.....wink.png

Scored another run...clap2.gif

Well, after making my catch up runs for last night, I would now like to welcome you all to another day.

I see David48 has risen and started the ball rolling, so to speak. Good one David48..thumbsup.gif

Most importantly, first off , will be our target for the next 24hrs. I'm sure Harry can oblige....wink.png

After that, then a steady day at the crease for all to add their singles or whatever, to our score......clap2.gif

and I will be watching....with a coffee......coffee1.gif

If we are to argue for the affirmative that Thailand does indeed need Cricket, maybe we should also look those sports which compete for the similar sporting space.

The obvious stand-out there is Baseball ... which I have to say, I am also a fan of having played it in my youth at school.

I know thattutsiwarrior has agreed to 'step up to the plate' once more and we look forward to his contribution.

As a brief overview there is much to admire about both games.

The reaction times required are similar.

The delivery speeds are similar.

As is the distance from the pitcher/bowler to the batter.

Oh course there are lot's of graphics to demonstrate the point.

Starting with this one of a cricket delivery ...

post-104736-0-63688600-1339464596_thumb.

90 mph (40 m-sec); 30 ft (10 m) from batsman, 250 msec to coordinate stroke

I am asking that this discussion does not turn into a run chase full of coffee comments or gratuitous applause.

Plus I am not asking anyone to post in a particular manner but our street cred has been challenged and rightfully so.

But as we all know ... up to you.

If we are to argue for the affirmative that Thailand does indeed need Cricket, maybe we should also look those sports which compete for the similar sporting space.

The obvious stand-out there is Baseball ... which I have to say, I am also a fan of having played it in my youth at school.

I know that tutsiwarrior has agreed to 'step up to the plate' once more and we look forward to his contribution.

I am asking that this discussion does not turn into a run chase full of coffee comments or gratuitous applause.

Plus I am not asking anyone to post in a particular manner but our street cred has been challenged and rightfully so.

bye

I know that tutsiwarrior has agreed to 'step up to the plate' once more and we look forward to his contribution.

You may have a point here David49.

I have no complaints to your suggestion......Every man to his own....wink.png

However, I am not in a position to debate Baseball, as I know nothing about that game.....whistling.gif

It has taken me 4 or more weeks to learn what I know about cricket and my old brain cant absorb to much at any given time......sad.png

And the main point is I "Like My Coffee" ....coffee1.gif

bye

What's a bye?

Don't mind me I'M "THINKING"

Base ball bat....Cricket bat...uuuuum.....Tooth pick......6x4 lump of wood

Base ball.......Cricket ball......at least, if the cricket ball splits, you can stitch it up as it has a seam around it.......seems better proposition to me.

Must ask SC, he seems to know about these seams.

Strike 1 strike 2 strike 3......If I went on strike 1, 2, 3 times I was out but they walk, I think

Too much thinking. Will have to come back to this with another coffee.

Edited by kevjohn

I'm back. smile.png

Do you approve of this ,for BookMan

Weeeeeeeeell, it looks very interesting BUT who knows if a Toyota lump lurks under the hood eh. whistling.gif

That's a pedal car

SC

TV Cricket

Pedal till your knees hurt

I had one of them peddle cars when I a little boy. Hard work.....smile.png