Quik-Fire'S New Stainless Home Smokers.

quik-firebbq

Hello All,

Quik-Fire Gas BBQ's is proud to introduce our new; Home and Commercial Stainless Smokers.

Quik-Fire is now the only manufacture in Thailand to offer, Stainless Home Smoker sales nationwide.

Before this, commercial home smokers could only be imported.

The import smokers available were not up to par in our opinion with regard to quality, then any value for your money would disappear when imported, as the original cost would near double.

We figured it was time to give our fellow Farangs the opportunity to purchase a made in-country to American Quality Standards, beautiful Quik-Fire Stainless Home Smoker.

Our uniquely installed tubular door seals work super well, check out the pics.

For more information please click our Quik-Fire sponsored link at right side of this page.

Once on site, click; BBQs & SMOKERS on menu bar.

Email us at: [email protected] for more specific information with regard to custom size requirements, etc…

Soon to come will be a post of our new and beautiful, Pizza/bread/multi-purpose, home and commercial stainless Oven, with an all stainless pizza shovel.

If interest in a trick and class act combo Oven, you won’t want to miss this one.

Have a great day, and enjoy…

Our best,

Doc

post-90158-0-92417000-1336895103_thumb.j

post-90158-0-95523700-1336895113_thumb.j

post-90158-0-24821200-1336895122_thumb.j

post-90158-0-11185800-1336895130_thumb.j

post-90158-0-89374800-1336895141_thumb.j

• Like 1

what tropical local wood is good for smoking meat?

Hi, Amsterdam, that's a good question and a bit difficult to answer. We craft great bbq's and smokers, but I'm not an expert on local tropical smoking wood.

Mango seems to be the easiest to get you hands on in Thai, some say it's toxic, others use it all the time.

I believe one answer for a great smoke end flavor is a good wet rub here in Thai, as there's not much readily available tropical smoking wood that I'm aware of at this time.

In an attempt to answer your question I seached Google: tropical bbq smoking wood.

There's allot of neat info there with many fellas asking the same question as youself, but still I didn't find much to relate in order to answer your question.

That's why Quik-Fire will be offering in the near future a tested and delicious tropical pellet fuel, however, the pellet originator is keeping the recipe close to his chest.

Tomorrow I'll contact some fellas we know in Thai that are big into Smoking. Maybe then I can come up with something for you, but as far as I know now they buy the inported chips.

In any case, I'll get back to you.

Until then...

My best,

Doc

can you please post a picture of the " an all stainless pizza shovel." how many inches in diameter ? and how can I get one ?

Hi, Soidog2, the only picture I have of the stainless pizza shovel is set on our new custom 5 burner, pizza-all-purpose, stainless Oven with high quality all locking ball bearing wheels.

The day Oven was finished at factory we had to deliver immediately so not many pictures were taken.

I'll post pics of the Oven for all to see, it's pretty trick, as well, you'll see the stainless pizza shovel.

I believe the shovel paddle for this customer was, 12"x13", with the handle being, 2'6" long.

We can make shovel to any size desired.

To order, email me at: [email protected]

For those interested, the Oven set with stainless paddle and pizza stone sells for, 43,500B.

Look forward to hearing from you, soidog...

My best,

Doc

post-90158-0-38662300-1337067405_thumb.j

post-90158-0-17979100-1337067429_thumb.j

post-90158-0-26270800-1337067444_thumb.j

Got it, what kind of money are we talking about for the shovel as shown?

Thank you.

Hi, Soidog2, SS shovel - 1200B.

Have included picture of Sawitta's biggest pizza ever, made in our home oven yesterday afternoon, and it tastes great!

Lucky me...No wonder I'm pushin 130 Kilos

post-90158-0-06395700-1337125087_thumb.j

I will Email you an order, please make sure it's sturdy, made of quality SS.

Since we're posting pictures; here's my wood burning pizza oven !

( Mushrooms & peperoni)

post-14625-0-19082200-1337130174_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

Try any of these. Make sure you read the bottom few paragraphs.

"Q: Would someone please tell me what kinds of wood are suitable for grilling?

A: The traditional woods for smoking are HICKORY, PECAN and OAK. Here is a list of woods suitable for smoking:

ACACIA - these trees are in the same family as mesquite. When burned in a smoker, acacia has a flavor similar to mesquite but not quite as heavy. A very hot burning wood.

ALDER - Very delicate with a hint of sweetness. Good with fish, pork, poultry, and light-meat game birds.

ALMOND - A sweet smoke flavor, light ash. Good with all meats.

APPLE - Very mild with a subtle fruity flavor, slightly sweet. Good with poultry (turns skin dark brown) and pork.

ASH - Fast burner, light but distinctive flavor. Good with fish and red meats.

BIRCH - Medium-hard wood with a flavor similar to maple. Good with pork and poultry.

CHERRY - Mild and fruity. Good with poultry, pork and beef. Some List members say the cherry wood is the best wood for smoking. Wood from chokecherry trees may produce a bitter flavor.

COTTONWOOD - It is a softer wood than alder and very subtle in flavor. Use it for fuel but use some chunks of other woods (hickory, oak, pecan) for more flavor. Don't use green cottonwood for smoking.

CRABAPPLE - Similar to apple wood.

GRAPEVINES - Tart. Provides a lot of smoke. Rich and fruity. Good with poultry, red meats, game and lamb.

HICKORY - Most commonly used wood for smoking--the King of smoking woods. Sweet to strong, heavy bacon flavor. Good with pork, ham and beef.

LILAC - Very light, subtle with a hint of floral. Good with seafood and lamb.

MAPLE - Smoky, mellow and slightly sweet. Good with pork, poultry, cheese, and small game birds.

MESQUITE - Strong earthy flavor. Good with beef, fish, chicken, and game. One of the hottest burning.

MULBERRY - The smell is sweet and reminds one of apple.

OAK - Heavy smoke flavor--the Queen of smoking wood. RED OAK is good on ribs, WHITE OAK makes the best coals for longer burning. All oak varieties reported as suitable for smoking. Good with red meat, pork, fish and heavy game.

ORANGE, LEMON and GRAPEFRUIT - Produces a nice mild smoky flavor. Excellent with beef, pork, fish and poultry.

PEAR - A nice subtle smoke flavor. Much like apple. Excellent with chicken and pork.

PECAN - Sweet and mild with a flavor similar to hickory. Tasty with a subtle character. Good with poultry, beef, pork and cheese. Pecan is an all-around superior smoking wood.

SWEET FRUIT WOODS - APRICOT, PLUM, PEACH, NECTARINE - Great on most white or pink meats, including chicken, turkey, pork and fish. The flavor is milder and sweeter than hickory.

WALNUT - ENGLISH and BLACK - Very heavy smoke flavor, usually mixed with lighter woods like almond, pear or apple. Can be bitter if used alone. Good with red meats and game.

BBQ List members and other internet sources report that wood from the following trees is suitable for smoking: AVOCADO, BAY, CARROTWOOD, KIAWE, MADRONE, MANZANITA, GUAVA, OLIVE, BEECH, BUTTERNUT, FIG, GUM, CHESTNUT, HACKBERRY, PIMIENTO, PERSIMMON, and WILLOW. The ornamental varieties of fruit trees (i.e. pear, cherry, apple, etc.) are also suitable for smoking.

Q: Are there any types of wood I should not use for grilling?

A: Yes. There are many types of wood that are unsuitable or even poisonous when used for grilling. Don't use any wood from conifer trees, such as PINE, FIR, SPRUCE, REDWOOD, CEDAR, CYPRESS, etc.

There are many trees and shrubs in this world that contain chemicals toxic to humans--toxins that can even survive the burning process. Remember, you are going to eat the meat that you grill and the smoke particles and chemicals from the wood and what may be on or in the wood are going to get on and in the meat. Use only wood for grilling that you are sure of.

It is beyond the scope of this FAQ to provide a complete listing woods that are unsuitable for smoking. If you have some wood and do not know what it is, DO NOT USE IT FOR GRILLING FOOD. Burn it in your fireplace but not your smoker.

BBQ List members report that ELM and EUCALYPTUS wood is unsuitable for smoking, as is the wood from SASSAFRAS, SYCAMORE and LIQUID AMBER trees.

Here are some more woods that you should not to use for smoking:

Never use lumber scraps, either new or used. First, you cannot know for sure what kind of wood it is; second, the wood may have been chemically treated; third, you have no idea where the wood may have been or how it was used. For all you know, that free oak planking could have been used in a sewage treatment plant.

Never use any wood that has been painted or stained. Paint and stains can impart a bitter taste to the meat and old paint often contains lead.

Do not use wood scraps from a furniture manufacturer as this wood is often chemically treated.

Never use wood from old pallets. Many pallets are treated with chemicals that can be hazardous to your health and the pallet may have been used to carry chemicals or poison.

Avoid old wood that is covered with mold and fungus that can impart a bad taste to your meat. If you have some good cherry wood (or other good smoking wood) that is old and has a fungus growth and you want to use it, pre-burn it down to coals before you put it into your smoker.

Grilling over a wood fire is more challenging than grilling over charcoal. Wood burns hotter than most charcoal and as a consequence, burns faster. Wood also stays in the 'hot coals' stage for a shorter period of time than charcoal"

Mango seems to be the easiest to get you hands on in Thai, some say it's toxic, others use it all the time.

Do NOT use Mango wood.

"Mango wood contains a sap that is located at the base of the stem, branches, and trunk. As a result,

a recommendation is made never to burn mango wood as it emits a smoke

that is full of potent irritants. Plus, Mango trees are highly

suseptible to a number of diseases and pest infestations,

including the fruit fly, black twig borer, sooty mold, and

southern green stink bug to name a few. Pesticide application

is generally necessary to maintain the health of these trees.

Because of the chemical application, Mango wood does not make

for good BBQ!

Stick to forest producing products for the safest woods for BBQ!" http://www.smokinlicious.com/blog/

Edited by sinbin

Try any of these. Make sure you read the bottom few paragraphs.

"Q: Would someone please tell me what kinds of wood are suitable for grilling?

A: The traditional woods for smoking are HICKORY, PECAN and OAK. Here is a list of woods suitable for smoking:

ACACIA - these trees are in the same family as mesquite. When burned in a smoker, acacia has a flavor similar to mesquite but not quite as heavy. A very hot burning wood.

ALDER - Very delicate with a hint of sweetness. Good with fish, pork, poultry, and light-meat game birds.

ALMOND - A sweet smoke flavor, light ash. Good with all meats.

APPLE - Very mild with a subtle fruity flavor, slightly sweet. Good with poultry (turns skin dark brown) and pork.

ASH - Fast burner, light but distinctive flavor. Good with fish and red meats.

BIRCH - Medium-hard wood with a flavor similar to maple. Good with pork and poultry.

CHERRY - Mild and fruity. Good with poultry, pork and beef. Some List members say the cherry wood is the best wood for smoking. Wood from chokecherry trees may produce a bitter flavor.

COTTONWOOD - It is a softer wood than alder and very subtle in flavor. Use it for fuel but use some chunks of other woods (hickory, oak, pecan) for more flavor. Don't use green cottonwood for smoking.

CRABAPPLE - Similar to apple wood.

GRAPEVINES - Tart. Provides a lot of smoke. Rich and fruity. Good with poultry, red meats, game and lamb.

HICKORY - Most commonly used wood for smoking--the King of smoking woods. Sweet to strong, heavy bacon flavor. Good with pork, ham and beef.

LILAC - Very light, subtle with a hint of floral. Good with seafood and lamb.

MAPLE - Smoky, mellow and slightly sweet. Good with pork, poultry, cheese, and small game birds.

MESQUITE - Strong earthy flavor. Good with beef, fish, chicken, and game. One of the hottest burning.

MULBERRY - The smell is sweet and reminds one of apple.

OAK - Heavy smoke flavor--the Queen of smoking wood. RED OAK is good on ribs, WHITE OAK makes the best coals for longer burning. All oak varieties reported as suitable for smoking. Good with red meat, pork, fish and heavy game.

ORANGE, LEMON and GRAPEFRUIT - Produces a nice mild smoky flavor. Excellent with beef, pork, fish and poultry.

PEAR - A nice subtle smoke flavor. Much like apple. Excellent with chicken and pork.

PECAN - Sweet and mild with a flavor similar to hickory. Tasty with a subtle character. Good with poultry, beef, pork and cheese. Pecan is an all-around superior smoking wood.

SWEET FRUIT WOODS - APRICOT, PLUM, PEACH, NECTARINE - Great on most white or pink meats, including chicken, turkey, pork and fish. The flavor is milder and sweeter than hickory.

WALNUT - ENGLISH and BLACK - Very heavy smoke flavor, usually mixed with lighter woods like almond, pear or apple. Can be bitter if used alone. Good with red meats and game.

BBQ List members and other internet sources report that wood from the following trees is suitable for smoking: AVOCADO, BAY, CARROTWOOD, KIAWE, MADRONE, MANZANITA, GUAVA, OLIVE, BEECH, BUTTERNUT, FIG, GUM, CHESTNUT, HACKBERRY, PIMIENTO, PERSIMMON, and WILLOW. The ornamental varieties of fruit trees (i.e. pear, cherry, apple, etc.) are also suitable for smoking.

Q: Are there any types of wood I should not use for grilling?

A: Yes. There are many types of wood that are unsuitable or even poisonous when used for grilling. Don't use any wood from conifer trees, such as PINE, FIR, SPRUCE, REDWOOD, CEDAR, CYPRESS, etc.

There are many trees and shrubs in this world that contain chemicals toxic to humans--toxins that can even survive the burning process. Remember, you are going to eat the meat that you grill and the smoke particles and chemicals from the wood and what may be on or in the wood are going to get on and in the meat. Use only wood for grilling that you are sure of.

It is beyond the scope of this FAQ to provide a complete listing woods that are unsuitable for smoking. If you have some wood and do not know what it is, DO NOT USE IT FOR GRILLING FOOD. Burn it in your fireplace but not your smoker.

BBQ List members report that ELM and EUCALYPTUS wood is unsuitable for smoking, as is the wood from SASSAFRAS, SYCAMORE and LIQUID AMBER trees.

Here are some more woods that you should not to use for smoking:

Never use lumber scraps, either new or used. First, you cannot know for sure what kind of wood it is; second, the wood may have been chemically treated; third, you have no idea where the wood may have been or how it was used. For all you know, that free oak planking could have been used in a sewage treatment plant.

Never use any wood that has been painted or stained. Paint and stains can impart a bitter taste to the meat and old paint often contains lead.

Do not use wood scraps from a furniture manufacturer as this wood is often chemically treated.

Never use wood from old pallets. Many pallets are treated with chemicals that can be hazardous to your health and the pallet may have been used to carry chemicals or poison.

Avoid old wood that is covered with mold and fungus that can impart a bad taste to your meat. If you have some good cherry wood (or other good smoking wood) that is old and has a fungus growth and you want to use it, pre-burn it down to coals before you put it into your smoker.

Grilling over a wood fire is more challenging than grilling over charcoal. Wood burns hotter than most charcoal and as a consequence, burns faster. Wood also stays in the 'hot coals' stage for a shorter period of time than charcoal"

Good info here thanks for posting... I am leaning towards coconut shells and maybe mix in some lemongrass at the start.

Try this. http://www.ehow.com/...briquettes.html

Instructions

Clean the coconut shells, and remove any fibers from the outside of the shell. The outer fibers of the coconut shell are highly flammable and will catch fire instead of baking.
      Allow the coconut shells to cure for six months. Store the coconut shells in a warm, dry location. This will remove most of the moisture from the shells, allowing them to carbonize rather than burn in the charcoal stove.

Place the coconut shells in a charcoal drum or stove, specially designed for the production of charcoal. These stoves keep the coconut shells from direct contact with the flames and allow control of the air flow. The heat in the stove creates a drying environment.
    Reduce or increase the air intake on the stove to maintain a temperature of 500 to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. The shells will produce small flames. However, as long as the overall temperature of the stove remains below 900 degrees Fahrenheit, the process will create more charcoal than ash.
    Bake the shells for three to five hours. Cook the coconut shells until you can just pierce the shell without it shattering.
    Remove the carbonized coconut briquettes from the stove and allow them to cool.
    Crush the coconut shell briquettes into smaller pieces, if desired.

Read more: How to Make Coconut Charcoal Briquettes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1v7sJC86O

Edited by sinbin

Thought you Smoker interested fellas may enjoy new pics of our, Quik-Fire, home Smoker with quality easy lock ball bearing wheels and hanging hooks.

Check 'em out, hard to beat custom crafted beauties like these...

This Smoker with, wheels, hanging hooks, water pan, and firing gun sells for, 28,000.

Enjoy,

Doc

post-90158-0-93562800-1337644483_thumb.j

post-90158-0-50381100-1337644495_thumb.j

• Like 1

For your equipment, do you have the manuals that can be downloaded?

We always send general operating/cleaning info with all equipment, however, Smoker info to be sent with not ready yet, but soon.

Not much to operating this Smoker, will have firing proceedure, general usage, general Smoking info.

Can provide specs at this time.

For model shown 304 grade stainless.

Racks: 30 x 40 cm

90 cm - Smoker body, tall.

36 cm - Smoker body, deep.

49 cm deep with ignition.

50 cm - Body wide.

136 cm - Total tall with stand & wheels. Within a cm or two without wheels.

Above is our standard home Smoker size. Can craft to any size required,

R/Doc

• 2 weeks later...

A little while a ago I ordered, from above, an oversize stainless steel pizza shovel for my oven.

It was delivered exactly as per agreed specifications & price; 100% reliable, I would definitely purchase again from Doc.

I already have an adequate BBQ grill (picture) if not, I would order one.

best

post-14625-0-25675200-1338549555_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2